CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

GM doing a Rover as crisis looms in Motor City?

Marika

Sorry Scotty Didn't mean to get your hair up! I'm not a Ford fan but I stick with the big 3 or 2 as it may be(always wanted and still will get a Superbird just don't have the cash yet) I didn't mean performance on the GTO, I know its kwik, but you can't put GTO Badges on a Holden. If they split the headlights like a 69 and did anything to the rear it would be an step forward as for the Stang its something

people can remember,relate to or what ever but the bottom line is units sold.

Joe ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My hair was not up, I just don't think that the GTO is a bad extension of the original.. Actually the Holden Monaro looks like a Mustang :lol: I see your point however as to how the body looks like the Holden... Guru is that possible?

One of the main problems with the new GTO is you can't buy one in Canada. :angry: If they did I wouldn't have bought a two year old Caddy... I would have bought a new Pontiac... In my circle of friends on the Wet Coast there are at least 4 of us who lust after these cars... This is the fourth time that GM has done this to me… Turbo Trans AM Pace Car Forgetaboutit, GMC Syclone Nope, First Gen Olds Bravada, Dealer told me they were to hard to service, and now the GTO…

Come on GM... Hosers like cool cars too!

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

I never drove a Mustang and can say nothing about the performance, but it looks very good (both old and 2005). And it has "individuality" one cannot confuse a Mustang with any other car. Unfortunately, I cannot say it about many other cars (including many GM) - they look alike.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I never drove a Mustang and can say nothing about the performance, but it looks very good (both old and 2005). And it has "individuality" one cannot confuse a Mustang with any other car. Unfortunately, I cannot say it about many other cars (including many GM) - they look alike.

Sounds like its time to trade in your 91 then....so you can be an individual... don't forget to come back to tell me how "different" Ford engineering is... to me their engineering is to simplistic, they have always had a "better idea" "do it cheaper"...

scotty, you dont like the liberal crap and the financial crap! (The rich and powerful) conservitives. What do you like? Im 100% with Guru on this. I have been buying GM and American when others have been buying toyota and made in taiwan from the beginning and warning others not to buy foreign. Now its pay back, we better hope GM survives cause the chinese are looming on the horizon. It wiil be a interesting next 10 years.Mike

scotty, you dont like the liberal crap and the financial crap! (The rich and powerful) conservitives. What do you like? Im 100% with Guru on this. I have been buying GM and American when others have been buying toyota and made in taiwan from the beginning and warning others not to buy foreign. Now its pay back, we better hope GM survives cause the chinese are looming on the horizon. It wiil be a interesting next 10 years.Mike

All I will say is; Enron, Worldcom, Martha Stewart, Arthur Andersen, Merrill Lynch to name a few. Its the lack of ethics that I don't like. Do you recall a story recently where objective "analysts" like Merrill Lynch were promoting their own stocks on national TV? Its a lack of ethics, so when a stroke of the pen to degrade GM to junk bond status happens it's aggravating to me that an industry that has major internal problems could negatively impact a company like GM.... thanks all.... I hear that GM has lots of cash, I am hoping that they can right their ship, and eventually thumb their nose at wall street...

By the way this is coming from someone who has worked for Bankers Trust, Citibank and JP Morgan Chase..

GM will survive

By the way, since you asked, these days I don't like much....

GM is just a dry turd about to blow away in the winds of competetive pressure. For years they've been peddling their commercial paper, essentially worthless, on the strength of their being "GM". You can only "rebadge" and "reconfigure' just so long. Sooner or later the financial community recognizes that the "emporer has no clothes". That has happened to GM now and they have nothing on the showroon floors or in the pipeline to redeem themselves. They are buried under a mountain of debt, pension obligations, and healthcare costs. The buying public will no longer be scammed. So GM and Ford are going to have to suck the hind tit while Toyota and other makers of quality products take their market share.

That kind of statment really pisses me off.....you or your family don't make their living in the auto industry do they? A lot of good, hard working people lose their jobs just because the "financial community" decides to eliminate them to improve profits - and thet's not just in the auto industry.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I really hate to say this, but when I sit back and look at the big picture, pension and health care short fall, I can see the day when the american car goes the way of the american made television, VCR, camera, etc. The UAW will never "give up" their pensions and health care. I might add, and I am proud to say that I never have and never will own a foreig car ........ I hope. Unfortunately I can't say the same for televisions and cameras.

That kind of statment really pisses me off.....you or your family don't make their living in the auto industry do they? A lot of good, hard working people lose their jobs just because the "financial community" decides to eliminate them to improve profits - and thet's not just in the auto industry.

True its not just the auto industry. The banking industry has been a bloodbath over the last 10 or 15 years. When you have nothing to do, think about the banks that no longer exist. See any Savings and Loans recently?

The United States, has 7,830 banks. But that's about half the number there were two decades ago. And the 10 largest banks now control 62 percent of total bank assets, compared with 29 percent in 1984.

This means less jobs, less competition, more unemployment. We are going through major changes, I just wonder if all of the brains in DC are watching.

This means less jobs, less competition, more unemployment. We are going through major changes, I just wonder if all of the brains in DC are watching.

They're too busy arguing about the filibuster rules.....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Exactly! It's the most childish behavior I have ever seen. Then they contradict themselves! In the late 90's prominant Dems were talking about how Social Security NEEDED to be reformed, NOW.....they fight against it.... That is why I said "what is the answer" in a statement above, because I don't think these so called 'elected officials' doing anything to protect the US. I used to think like JimD suggested, elect the correct people. But the correct people don't run, and when they get there they are shut down by a bunch of spoiled brat self serving turf protecting mud slinging infants.. Can you imagine that CLINTON is given the credit for a good economy during his tenure? HE had nothing to do with it, consider what the development of the INTERNET that coincided with this tenure did? (hardware, software, service providers, servers, HTML writers, infrastructure, business expansion, stock market rise as a result), I laugh everytime I hear that the CLINTON administration was responsible for our prosperity during his tenure. THEN they go out and BURST the bubble by attacking Microsoft, because they were too good and wouldn't play nice with the Netscapes of the world! A lack of education, knowledge, understanding and total ignorance causes people to think that the Clinton administration was responsible for the prosperity, he was too busy screwing around and disgracing the highest office in the country. Voting IS the answer, to make sure you keep buffoons OUT of office, the next one is gearing up, her name is Hillary... In time we will see how bad the Clinton era really was as he cozied up with Korea, China and Arafat and allowed us to be attacked all over the world including the FIRST World Trade Center attack DURING his tenure...

[sOAP BOX MODE = OFF]

What do I like? NOT MUCH, but my Caddy! :P

I’ve been avoiding this discussion not because it lacks merit but simply because it stirs up passionate feelings inside me. Feelings that are less than enjoyable. A friend asked me why I had not posted and before I post that instant message discussion (uncut and spell check off) I’d like to share a brief story I call the Bakery Example. It goes like this: Your parents own a fine bakery that they built from the ground. The nice things that you enjoy like a good education, car, nice clothes, money for the movies, etc are because their bakery does well. One day a new bakery opens up just down the street. The owners are from the next town over. They have new and different baked goods and so you decide to go there. Soon your friends and neighbors see you going to the bakery that isn’t your parents and join you. For if you are going then it must be better. Pretty soon your parents bakery goes out of business and you are wondering why all the nice things you once enjoyed you are no longer able to afford. What happened you ask yourself? I am only one person.

Friend: by the way you didnt comment

Kger2: one of the reasons I've been holding off on posting on this subject is because it's a touchy subject for me

Kger2: it'll be like opening up Pandora’s box

Friend: tell me why

Friend: long message... pandoras box

Kger2: I wasn't born here and i was old enough to remember what it's like to be hungry.... to have the kind of dissentary that people can only imagine in their nightmares.... to be backhanded for crying.... most people born in this country haven't a clue about how good they have it. If they did then they would take steps to protect what previous generations worked so hard to provide them. Them meaning you and I and the rest of Americans....... Americans that now take everything for granted and piss on the legacy that made this country great.

Friend: I have heard this recently from people from Russia

Friend: we do take for granted and crap on what got us here

Friend: where were you born?

Kger2: I'm sick of wormy assholes that think it's ok to buy everyone else's goods but not our own. That is a silent form of treason in my book.

Kger2: Korea

Friend: you see, you experienced what made my fathers and his fathers generation stronger

Friend: you are stronger for it

Kger2: lol perhaps

Friend: we are a spoiled throw away generation, that does not realize what this country was built on

Friend: we left europe to get away from oppression religious and other and now its here

Kger2: I think I'll post what I said to you.

Friend: it will be heartfelt I am sure

Friend: i once heard a line that said.......... America's downfall will be that it will give rights to everyone that it will break down its society

Friend: did you see the story yesterday about NEWSWEEK running its Japanese version with an american flag in the trash can, saying the day America died?

Friend: we are in a tough time now

Kger2: yes we are

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived