CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Vandalism

When I tried I was denied. I apparently cannot start a poll.

Last Friday night there was a party at a home on my street. There were a number of cars parked on the street. I had my "old girl" out earlier and she ended up last in the line of 3 on the driveway... backed in.

Saturday morning, when I went to go and do some errands; my hood ornament was gone.

It broke my heart to see my love disfigured, even in this minor way.

Have you been vandalized? How bad?

I picked up a "new" one on eBay on Sunday... should be here soon I hope.

Mike P

That is a shame. We just can not hang out on guard with a baseball bat all the time. I had an ornament brake one winter snow storm on a lincoln I owned. I was not able to find another one any ware, dealer or E-Bay. At least you were more lucky then I. Good luck to ya.

Can't recall any vandalism ever. But then its always garaged, its a small town and then there's the "Smith & Wesson" theft resolution system decal... <_<

However, I did loose a hood ornament once on a 91" Caprice Classic. It dived into a h u g e (as in several car-lengths long) mud hole at speed. Mud and gravel came over the hood and by the time I could see out of the window again - the ornament was history. :unsure:

Better luck with your new hood ornament :)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

When I tried I was denied. I apparently cannot start a poll.

Last Friday night there was a party at a home on my street. There were a number of cars parked on the street. I had my "old girl" out earlier and she ended up last in the line of 3 on the driveway... backed in.

Saturday morning, when I went to go and do some errands; my hood ornament was gone.

It broke my heart to see my love disfigured, even in this minor way.

Have you been vandalized? How bad?

I picked up a "new" one on eBay on Sunday... should be here soon I hope.

Mike P

When I bought my 92 seville, there wasn't a scratch on it. Now, between all the door dings and the kids with their bikes running into all the time, well, it just don't look the same no more...... :(

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

In all my years driving Cadillacs I only lost one hood crest. It was at a wedding reception. Noticed it halfway home. I was mad enough to have drawn blood had I caught them. :angry:

A month ago my friend bought for his son bright red Mustang GT. It was in beautifull condition. Two days later the car was keyed all around when it was parked near to school. "Security cameras don't work" - school officials explained.

Years ago, some punk stole the hood ornament off my '78 Caprice Classic while I was in a restaraunt having lunch....the punk pried it against the header panel which scratched it. I had to have the panel touched up by the body shop.

When I bought my Fleetwood Brougham, I wired the hood ornament into the security system - if someont moves the ornament, the alarm is tripped.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Years ago, some punk stole the hood ornament off my '78 Caprice Classic while I was in a restaraunt having lunch....the punk pried it against the header panel which scratched it. I had to have the panel touched up by the body shop.

When I bought my Fleetwood Brougham, I wired the hood ornament into the security system - if someont moves the ornament, the alarm is tripped.

I'd wire the hood ornament into a high voltage line. let them touch that!! <_>

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Years ago, some punk stole the hood ornament off my '78 Caprice Classic while I was in a restaraunt having lunch....the punk pried it against the header panel which scratched it.  I had to have the panel touched up by the body shop.

I'd wire the hood ornament into a high voltage line. let them touch that!! <_<

LOL - I thought about that but was worried that a punk would really damage the car if he got shocked so I wired it into the security system instead.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Not sure why I feel like my machine is a prone target but my 93 STS 4.6L Pearl White has had the following 'assaults' done within the last year and a half:

1) Parked at a hockey arena which is next to a skateboarding park...had half the arm ripped off from the lower crest. Luckily I had saved a grill piece that had another ornament on it which I was able to remove and then bond in place. (more on this)

2) The car has some Florida Police stickers on the windshield and one on the back trunk lid from a previous owner. These stickers must have irritated a known local criminal who happened to riding his motorcycle (with a another biker) into the same parking lot as I and then walked past my car which resulted in a huge scratch down the driver's side door extending to the rear door as well. Talk about being upset. SEE Someone keyjobbed my car last night. post in the archives as I also included a picture of the injury.

3) That extra crest I had saved for a rainy day to replace the half broken one was also removed from my own parking this past March. It looks like hell now as only the main part remains with some bonding residue. It stings just looking at it.

Good luck all and here's hoping that I never catch the idiot in the act!!

Petrov

Once in my previous caddy (87 deville), I was leaving church and I was stitting idling in the parking lot between two of the rows of parked cars waiting for some people to pass. Then this elderly lady in a Lincoln starts beside me starts backing up, at about this time a good friend of mine was walking bewteen my car and this lady, he had to leap out to keep from getting smashed between our cars. But the lady keps coming and just hit the side of my baby leaving a sizable dent. It all happened so quickly I didn't even have time to honk. I backed into a parking space to get out of the way, expecting that the lady would stop and at least apologize, but before I could trun around she had aleady drove off!!! Boy was I pissed!!! :angry: But the dent wasn't terrible, and since I didn't want to stir things up at church I just let it go. To this day I have no Idea wether or not she relized what she did!

It all turned out ok though, I buffed the dent, and you could barley see it, and a year later I sold that car for $800 (I had bought it 2 years previous for $400).

But I learned my lesson, and I now stay away from little old ladies in big cars! <_>

MY PREVIOUS CADDY:

262072_36_full.jpg

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

We've got about a 50 foot driveway, someone walked all the way up the driveway, busted the gold hood ornament off of our 90 Fleetwood. That baby is like $250 at the dealer. Someone tried removing the Mercedes emblem from the back of our 79, never got the emblem but they CARVED...YES CARVED the trunk lid around the emblem. Pushed me to take all the ornaments off everything, now I only put them on for special occasions. I can not wait to move to the farm.

Spence

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there vandal victims like myself...

I was sucessful in acquiring and installing a "new" ornament from an eBay seller.

She is restored to her former beauty and I am happy now... total cost was about (US)$11.00 to my door.

Mike P

This happened a couple years ago...

The previous owner had put screws into the ornament, so when the vandals tried to steal it, they ended up breaking it in half and ruining the grille in the process. If I'd caught them I swear I would've woken up in jail lol

Hope it never happens again to any of us!

post-3-1116912606_thumb.jpg

-Chris

I don't imagine anyone here is in the habit of putting bumper stickers on their vehicles. I think its wise and cosmetically proper to keep bumper stickers in the garage where they belong.

A friend had a politically oriented sticker on his rear windshield . . . . I guess I don't have to tell you what happened to his glass when he visited a nightclub one evening . . . .

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I was thinking the same thing regarding a switch and the horn...

I think you might need a separate horn circuit, horn and also with a shutoff inside just in case you went through a carwash. Up here, you sound your horn inside if there's an emergency... if you use a soft cloth wash, the strips of cloth move the ornament around... oh dear, an emergency every wash. Your popularity would not be high after a few of those... :lol::(

I am definitely brainstorming on it though for sure.

Mike P

My buddy's now X Girlfriend keyed the shizit out of his 97 Seville STS... Looks like she ran around it 100 times and keyed it the whole time.. Body shop guys said that was the worse key job they ever saw.. It's BAD!!!! OUCH!!!!!

1355177301_Caddy2.thumb.jpg.40dfc05e0861db8b3e74deec4f75cc76.jpg

When I lived in an apartment, someone tried to take my hood ornament. When I got up one morning, the hood ornament had been "unscrewed" from the spring that retains it, but not all the way. It was loose enough to be laying over towards the front. I screwed it back into the spring and fixed it there with some JB Weld. It's moot now, since it parks in the garage now, but I figure if I'm ever out anywhere, that little measure might just keep the honest people honest.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived