CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Bought an 04 DTS

CHL2T

First of all the car is beautiful, perfectly maintained and low miles but that's not the WOW!

The "WOW!" is who we bought it from.......

Get this, we bought it from one of the founding members of Hall of fame inductees The Ventures! Saw the gold records and the Hall of Fame trophy!

Awesome nice guy who is really going to miss his Caddy but was happy it was going to a good home!

Don't let your first ride be your last ride in a Cadillac!

First of all the car is beautiful, perfectly maintained and low miles but that's not the WOW!

The "WOW!" is who we bought it from.......

Get this, we bought it from one of the founding members of Hall of fame inductees The Ventures! Saw the gold records and the Hall of Fame trophy!

Awesome nice guy who is really going to miss his Caddy but was happy it was going to a good home!

I have a couple of old Ventures albums...

Haven't played them in a while...but I like their music.

Posted Image

Now I see how they make some of those Ventures-only sounds. I find it amazing how they can do this together as one group. I always thought of them as a studio group that put together their songs by recording instrumentals in ones and twos, then integrating them to gradually build the final product, like Seal or Les Paul and Mary Ford.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I walked by a DTS platinum at the store yesterday. In the handicapped spot of course. Not sure if it had a sim conv top.

I walked by a DTS platinum at the store yesterday. In the handicapped spot of course. Not sure if it had a sim conv top.

The DTS Platinum s a really nice car... I wish I could run onto one that had real low mileage and wasn't priced thru the roof...

Posted Image

The DTS Platinum s a really nice car... I wish I could run onto one that had real low mileage and wasn't priced thru the roof...

What constitutes a platinum DTS? The one we got hast the faux convertible roof, gold grille and emblems.... thankfully, it wasn't priced through the roof and has fairly low miles. 107k

Don't let your first ride be your last ride in a Cadillac!

What constitutes a platinum DTS? The one we got hast the faux convertible roof, gold grille and emblems.... thankfully, it wasn't priced through the roof and has fairly low miles. 107k

The Platinum Edition started in 2009, I think.

It is the a totally loaded Performance Edition with the higher output engine, Magnetic suspension and a really nice upgraded interior along with numerous other little touches that make it a really nice automobile.

I am kinda, sorta looking for one.. preferably a really nice, low mileage 2011...

My 2006 Performance Edition is eight years old and has 140,000 miles on it.

It is in great shape and I keep up with maintenance on it, but it is getting to the time and mileage, that real expensive stuff could start going wrong with it.

Posted Image

The Platinum Edition started in 2009, I think.

Maybe 2008. It seems to me that I was looking for one when I found my 2008 DTS L3, but there were none available yet.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived