CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

P Diddy & the 97 DeVille

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

That's a beautiful car. He's welcome here to show photos and discuss care and maintenance of this fine car.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

is it just me or is the grille badge in the wrong spot? both mine are about center toward the driver side.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

The question left in my mind is what exactly are we supposed to REVOLT about? Is there some political message that I'm missing here?

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Wikipedia notes:

Revolt (stylized as "REVOLT") is an American music-oriented digital cable television network that is owned by Sean "Diddy" Combs, in partnership with Comcast. The network launched on October 21, 2013 on Comcast and Time Warner Cable systems.

Bruce

The question left in my mind is what exactly are we supposed to REVOLT about? Is there some political message that I'm missing here?

Thanks for asking that question... :)

I was wondering the same thing... I had never heard of the music channel being named that, since I don't listen to that type of music.

Posted Image

My impression is the name is tied to Musical Artists revolting against the traditional music business in order to practice and profit from their craft, but Diddy could probably explain it better.

Bruce

You could also listen to the Heart song "Barracuda" or drill down into the history of Creedence Clearwater Revival. It seems like a very common practice for agents and some labels is to sign up-and-coming groups to their label with fine print in which the owner of the contract *owns* everything you produce for your entire career, no termination date, including the name of your group and everything produced by each member of the group under their own name or with another group. This has broken up a lot of groups, most never to be heard from again, such as CCR. Tom Fogarty won a lawsuit after ten years of litigation and resumed his career. But acrimony dating from the time these clauses became important, and the band was not being paid beyond what they were getting as an unknown, e.g. not enough to make a living much less a reasonable cut of their records and concerts, is still so strong that CCR refuses to be seen together on stage, even for induction into the Hall of Fame. There are lots of other cases like that of CCR, and this is why there are so many "outlaw" labels like REVOLT.

But, I digress. I wonder if this 1997 Deville has any codes? If so, we can help. If not, but it has a driveability problem, we can probably help anyway.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Thanks for the clarification. Huh. I would have never made the connection.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

I was a fan of the group Heart in their heyday, since I was living in Seattle at the time and they were a Seattle band, perhaps the most popular Seattle band ever. I listened to a radio interview with the band and found out what their song "Barracuda" was all about. When I quit hearing from CCR, I looked into it and found that their agent/producer/label or some such squeezed them dry when their hit albums started and the band stopped recording, and then the acrimony exploded among the band members as well as with the agent/producer/label. They were just a bunch of guys from Cerritos, CA, an L.A. suburb next door to the dealer where I bought my 1997 ETC, and just north of where I lived. FWIW, the name "Cerritos" is Spanish for gopher, implying that the area was a prairie dog town before it was built up. From my lawn problems at the time, I suspect that it still is, wherever the ground shows.

EDIT: I checked Wikipedia on CCR and found that their home town is El Cerrito, CA, not Cerritos. El Cerrito is a bedroom community just inland of San Francisco, north of Oakland, between Berkeley and Richmond.

But, back to the 1997 Deville. Anyone on Twitter, how about telling him about Caddyinfo?

Archived