CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac ATS - First Impressions

Bruce Nunnally

Crest Cadillac of Plano emailed to let me know they had enough ATS's on hand to let me test drive one this weekend --

Cadillac ATS First Impressions

102_1893.jpg

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Cant wait for more impressions, interior, dash, instrumentation, entertainment center, voice recognition?, active bose sound control?, cant wait

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Cadillac ATS Roadtrip Test — ATS vs Gigantor

Posted on October 6, 2012 by bwnunnally

The new Cadillac ATS is designed to be a lean, mean sports machine. It is a smaller car than the CTS, XTS, or my STS-V, by which it gains agility, handling, acceleration, and fuel economy. But now it must face the Cadillac ATS roadtrip test — is it a capable touring sedan?

Read More

Bruce

Cant wait for more impressions, interior, dash, instrumentation, entertainment center, voice recognition?, active bose sound control?, cant wait

Love the interior so far.

The dash is a CUE dash, but instead of being fully programmable/electronic display as the XTS, just the center portion is programmable. This may vary by model/level -- my test ATS is a Luxury model not a Premium.

The navigation system is really trick -- of course you use standard gestures such as pinch or expand to zoom in or out -- but also the nav icons and info is all done very 3D. I prefer this in-console nav display to the up/down display in the CTS.

The test ATS has a backup camera view that plays on the nav system / center display, with the predictive overlay showing where the car will back to.

Bruce

Looks great in Glacier Blue. Thanks for the insights (looking for more) as they become available; thanks Bruce.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Cadillac ATS notes, thoughts & snippets

Posted on October 7, 2012 by bwnunnally

Had a fun drive in the ATS Sunday afternoon, so here are my Cadillac ATS notes, thoughts, and snippets that one might not find in other reviews.

The EPA mileage rating for the 3.6L automatic is 19/28 mpg city/highway, but I suspect that with care drivers can see 29/30 mpg on trips. My highway touring was often at 30+ mpg average at 65-70.

102_1895-1024x682.jpg

Cadillac ATS rear view

The Cadillac ATS is a fun car to drive. This is a great achievement for Cadillac, or anyone else who makes cars. If you make cars that are fun to drive people want to buy them. The ATS has plentiful acceleration, agile handling, and great fuel economy while doing it.

Read more

Bruce

Thank you for posting this information and I'm glad that you enjoyed the test drive. This looks very similar to the one I had the pleasure of test driving. My favorite features were the comfortable interior and agile handling. If I were to purchase a Cadillac, this would be one. I look forward to reading more about others' experiences with ATS. Have a great week everyone!

Matt,

Cadillac Customer Assistance

Thank you for posting this information and I'm glad that you enjoyed the test drive. This looks very similar to the one I had the pleasure of test driving. My favorite features were the comfortable interior and agile handling. If I were to purchase a Cadillac, this would be one. I look forward to reading more about others' experiences with ATS. Have a great week everyone!

Matt,

Cadillac Customer Assistance

I think the ATS will be a big hit with Buyers. I dropped off my test car this morning, left with a terrific excitement about the new ATS chassis / platform and what it means for Cadillac. Looking around the showroom at the XTS's and the ATS's next to CTS-V's and SRX's, there are a lot of good choices at Cadillac right now, and more on the way.

Bruce

Archived