CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I would jack up the corner in question and shake it down. May be a balljoint or tierod

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

All that stuff has been replaced recently,

Is that when the clunk started? (or was it there already and that was the attempted fix) Come-on , throw us a bone (not much history and/or symptoms mentioned)

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

All that stuff has been replaced recently,

Is that when the clunk started? (or was it there already and that was the attempted fix)

Come-on , throw us a bone (not much history and/or symptoms mentioned)

LOL... I agree...he sure is stingy with his words... LOL

Posted Image

Not much info to go on here. I had a loose subframe bolt at left rear causing a clunk on bumps once. I can suggest checking the front subframe bushings and bolts, could also be a strut going bad. Sometimes a visual inspection is all it takes, look for "rusty dust residue" around nuts and bolts, a lot of times its an indication of a worn or loose suspension component. Good luck!

Actually I just changed the end links the other day but haven't had time to test drive.basically the mechanic tightened the top bolt down on the end link bushing that the disc that goes in between the bushing and nut was cutting into the bushing and the bushing was mashed in half.I've been changing things here and there for the past year also changed strut mounts recently too.

sts03

Archived