CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Need headbolt/stud specs ect, if anyone knows??

Todd

it will be a week or so before i get my studs and plates ect. but i think im gonna start on it in the next day or so,. i want to drop the whole shabang but, i might just pull motor thru top, havnt decided yet, i know it takes longer but thats not a factor in my case, as time dont matter, theres no hurry to get it back on the road,

i bought a 95 seville yrs ago (traded a laptop for it) and it was torn down to the block already, the guy says the bolts must of shrunk or something cause they wont grab when he was installing new head gasket, (funniest s h i t i ever heard) anyway like i said the top end was already removed, and i just pulled the block out the top, it was a piece of cake, i put some inserts in it (had my uncle custom make them) and put it back in thru top, then sold it to a buddy,

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

change in plans, im not fixing this deville, my mom took a trip to the local caddy dealer yesterday (i had no idea she was gonna do that) and she bought a brand spankin new caddy, (must be rough) anyway now i got this deville in my driveway, i asked her what she was gonna do with the deville, she smiled and said what deville, haha, and i dont want or have a need for it, as i have to many vehicles the way it is, (3 trucks and a conversion van) so it will be sold if anybody is interested, the car is spotless, no scratches scuffs dings ect, to the paint, a dime size (if not smaller) spot of surface rust under emblem on trunk, its diamond white W/gold pakage, interior is still pretty good 7-8/10, nice michelin tires, i live in the twin cities, and theres alot of these devilles around here but i have yet to see one as nice as this 98, and thats a fact, im sure there out there but far and few between, anyways im thinking $1750 is more than fair? im about to list in on the local craigslist monday morning.

if you do the work yourself, you will have one bad a** caddy for cheaper than cheap,

if i was to do the job myself and sell it, i wouldnt take any less than $5,500 if not more its that nice,

You might post it in the For Sale board on Caddyinfo as well as Craiglist or eBay Motors. Be warned that a 13-year-old car with a blown head gasket it is worth scrapyard prices on the open market.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

scrapyard price about $300 i highly doubt that, ill show you 5 that sold from 1800-2400 with bad hg and they were in worse condition, (body wise) and yes 1998, so you cant convince me thats its worth scrap price, for you to say that just shows how smart you really are, haha

[Please refrain from personal attacks. See Terms of Service for more discussion. Thanks, bruce]

frond clip is worth $500 min.

$100 ea door/ trunklid. thats $1100 right and thats bottom dollar prices!!!! tranny is also good

tires and wheels worth atleast $250 all day long

ill pretend you never said that ok jim...

scrapyard price about $300 i highly doubt that, ill show you 5 that sold from 1800-2400 with bad hg and they were in worse condition, (body wise) and yes 1998, so you cant convince me thats its worth scrap price, for you to say that just shows how smart you really are, haha

$100 ea door/ trunklid. thats $1100 right and thats bottom dollar prices!!!! tranny is also good

Wont help to pretend he never said it. If you want to get the value, part it on ebay. Good luck selling it like it is.

You can part out a good car for many thousands. A scrap yard will offer you a scrap yard price.

"...for you to say that just shows how smart you really are, haha"

Please understand that I am blocking your user name in my profile now.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

According to KBB, a 98 Deville in Good Condition (rust on the body drops it to good), is worth $4,190, deduct from the the cost of a rebuilt/timeserted engine and other parts along the way, conservatively say $4000 and the car is worth $190. You will probably need heater pipes, HVAC cover, steering rack hoses, and will want to go into the side pan to replace sensors. Not everyone is capable of doing this job themselves or having a friend make studs, to buy the studs alone is $500, the timesert kit alone is $500 itself. Your car is worthless as it stands, I sent my 96 Deville to the junkyard for $300 with a blown head gasket. You can't sell it that way unless you find a fool. Everything is ready to go bad in a car from 96 to 98.

I recently spoke to a guy with a 98 Eldorado who had it up for sale at $1900. The owner walked over and said its in beautiful condition but he said it needed a head gasket but I could do it in my driveway over a weekend, I laughed and said, this is not the head gasket I used to replace as a kid when I did valve jobs, the dealer who is experienced at this job charges $3000 at least and they pull the engine out from the bottom, if you don't sell it call me, Ill take it off your hands, its worthless. A new engine is abotu $6000 if the block is not salvagable. The fact that the condition of the engine block is NOT known till you pull it out and start drilling it creates an unknown that adds risk.

It was nice having you here, we have seen your type over and over over the years. They come here with preconceived ideas, stomp on members ideas and suggestions and then they eventually leave. If you could only see the PMs I have gotten about your behavior...

Good luck finding a fool

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

A new engine is about $6000 . haha 6k you must be the fool,

stomp on members ideas, (i didnt come for ideas,,, the members are just telling me what they have read and heard, over the years, most likely 2-10 of the members actually do there own work, lol most of you just own not wrench, haha

If you could only see the PMs I have gotten about your behavior

that just show how many of them have there tail between there legs,,, haha

Members this is what I was talking about, its the attitude, the disrespect, to someone as nice as Jim, who treats everyone with respect and takes his time with everyone

For what it is worth, we have been here for a long time and a NEW, GM Northstar out of the box, installed is about $6000

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

haha you few are funny, kinda funny every time i post something no matter when,(and not just my post, everyones post) you few are always here to comment,quickly i suggest you's take a break from the computer, i mean you few must sit infront of a screen all day long, talk about noooooooooooooooo-life's haha go get a job or something. or a woman to keep you busy, or learn to turn a wrench,

and thats the facts!!!

haha you few are funny, kinda funny every time i post something no matter when,(and not just my post, everyones post) you few are always here to comment,quickly i suggest you's take a break from the computer, i mean you few must sit infront of a screen all day long, talk about noooooooooooooooo-life's haha go get a job or something. or a woman to keep you busy, or learn to turn a wrench,

and thats the facts!!!

This is a typical know it all troll, as I said we have seen them over the years. Jim, I am sorry you wasted your valuable time on this ungreatful new comer, I think it is clear that my first post (that was deleted) describing this type was right on. You tend to be too nice, but you are a good balance for me, I can see BS coming a mile away

yea right, like anyone with any sense would buy an engine off of ebay or craigslist, = russian roulet, and no guaranty plus shipping

like anyone with any sense would buy an engine off of ebay or craigslist

YOU are an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go comment on someone else's post as thats all u know how to do, im geussing you live in your moms basement where you spend all your time trying to learn about something you have never done before yourself,,,,,

and thats the facts!!!

Listen punk....

You want some FACTS...

I will give you a few.

I have been turning wrenches long before you were even BORN...

I have built drag cars and dirt track cars and street cars.

I have built engines, rear ends and transmissions.

I was a FAA licensed Airframe and Powerplant technician.

I was a FAA licensed Aircraft engine inspector in a FAA licensed engine rebuild shop.

And for your information, I have a very nice set of tools and toolboxes in my garage, that are extensive enough to rebuild just about anything that rolls on wheels or flies in the air... with the possible exception of the Space Shuttle.

I have been buying tools for well over 50 years... and I never get rid of a tool.

I no longer work on my cars because............

I, BY GOD, DON'T HAVE TO.

I am retired and I have reached the financial stage in my life, that I no longer have to work on them.

But, that being said... I CAN do it, if I wanted to.

I will be putting brakes and rotors on it later this year... and since the Cadillac dealer does not stock Cyro Treated, slotted and cross drilled rotors, I will be doing it myself.

Not because I HAVE TO, but because I WANT TO.

I need a little project to give me something to do.

Listening to punks spout off about all that they know, when they really know almost nothing... starts to get tiresome after a while.

Maybe I do need another hobby...

Trying to help smart A$s, punk, know it all's, on the interwebz, isn't as much fun as it used to be.

Posted Image

you know what???? im gonna do the job, just to show you few idiots up!!!!!! and make you few eat your words, its a simple job just time consuming,

im convinced that you few have never even torn a engine apart, haha so keep your info and opinions and what you have learned from reading others post, to yourself please. unless you have personally done the job, your info is not needed,

Oh.... and one more thing....

I also know how to use punctuation, capitalization and paragraphs when writing....

That seems to also be an ability that some are sorely lacking in....

Posted Image

I have built drag cars and dirt track cars ans street cars.

I was a FAA licensed Aircraft engine inspector in a FAA licensed engine rebuild shop

thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also know how to use punctuation, capitalization and paragraphs when writing....

well yeah your on a computer. im on a iphone 4, what else you got. or maybe you are talking about fisher haha cause he cant spell worth the crap,

I have built drag cars and dirt track cars ans street cars.

I was a FAA licensed Aircraft engine inspector in a FAA licensed engine rebuild shop

thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not it by a long shot....

I was also a licensed real estate broker...

I was a licensed pilot with an instrument rating

I am also a Network Engineer

I am MCSE certified

I am Dell certified...HP certified...Lexmark certified, Lenovo Certified... etc... etc...

And the list goes on and on...

But since you know everything already....no need to try to tell you anything.

You are not really even worth taking time to try to talk to...so no need to explain things to you....

Posted Image

Archived