CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Got locked out!

yenko

I locked my keys in the trunk and need to know a way to get back in the car. Does anyone have any idea how to get back into the car with out calling a locksmith or tow truck! EMERGANCY! Will take any suggestions.

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

I locked my keys in the trunk and need to know a way to get back in the car. Does anyone have any idea how to get back into the car with out calling a locksmith or tow truck! EMERGANCY! Will take any suggestions.

Spare key? All Cadillacs come with at least two keys.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Just bought my car 7 weeks ago used and It only came with one set. I need a way to get in without waiting till Monday for the dealership to open again. It closed half an hour ago and I was going on a trip to Boston tonight and I was planning on takeing my car I need help from someone that nows how to get in, with a coathanger maybe, or any other alternitive routes, Thanks.

Yenko

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

You will need a locksmith unless you can open one of the doors and unlock the trunk from inside the glove compartment. For quicker service, contact the police and ask them to send a locksmith.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I would also suggest that since you only have 1 key, that you have the locksmith change all the locks on the doors, trunk and glove compartment and give you a new set of keys. This is for security purposes. Too many used cars get stolen this way, someone still has the keys to the car and sells them to a thief for a small amount of $$$. Car disappears one day, without a trace and it's because someone with the keys who knew you and the car was able to do so.

I would also suggest that since you only have 1 key, that you have the locksmith change all the locks on the doors, trunk and glove compartment and give you a new set of keys. This is for security purposes. Too many used cars get stolen this way, someone still has the keys to the car and sells them to a thief for a small amount of $$$. Car disappears one day, without a trace and it's because someone with the keys who knew you and the car was able to do so.
:D

Marika, if one has such dirty intentions he will give you two sets and a duplicate to a thief.... :o

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

:D

Marika, if one has such dirty intentions he will give you two sets and a duplicate to a thief.... :o

This is true also, but my point is, CHANGE THE LOCKS.

call the fire department, i got locked out once and someone told me to call fire station and they do it for free. thats one of the reason we pay taxes

Better get back to Mars

Most police departments carry "slim Jims" in the trunk. If they are nice, it is a small town and they are not busy they can open the door in 2 seconds. Then you can pop the trunk with the button. Local cops did that for my daughter a few months back.

In New Jersey, cops no longer carry slim jims. You have to call a locksmith or take the car to the dealership.

Quickest way i know is to grab a brick or a handy rock. After the problem of the locked door is resolved it is childs play to pop the trunk via the glove box. Why even a novice could retrieve those keys out of the trunk in less then 15 seconds by this method. So far it's been a relatively mild Fall so you'll be in no hurry to replace the broken glass. :D

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

The locksmith is the way to go, but if you have some time anyway...

Depending on your inside handle arrangement (if it is horizontal), you might be able to snag it with a long strip of plastic strapping folded at the tip. The strapping I'm referring to is a hard plastic (not the steel strapping - which can scratch).

Insert the folded tip through the edge of the side window and push both halves equally for a bit (get over the middle of seat or so). Then pull back on the lower half and push a bit on the upper half to curve the folded tip down and back to the door handle It helps to have someone on the other side navigate. This is the part which requires the properties of the hard plastic strip.

When the folded tip (which is now a bit open) is near the handle, wiggle it back and forth gently while adjusting the top and bottom slightly to snag the handle. Carefully pull both halves back - and if your'e lucky...

I have had to do this a few times long ago. Only once did my dear wife (who was a bit out of it) ask how long it would take to open her door, since i got mine first ... <_<

Good luck :)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Sorry dude... I only know how to get OUT of a locked trunk... not how to get IN to a locked trunk. Funny thing is, I know TWO ways to get out of a locked trunk. One I learned from watching MacGuyer... the other I learned from studying the ancient secrets of Houdini. Unfortunately, THAT method is for getting out of a locked steamer trunk, submerged under water... so I doubt that would help anyway.

my brother can get in my car in under 15 secs. you need to make a 'wedge' and stick it in the upper part of the door.. then you need to stick a slim-jim or a coathanger. and try and hit either the power lock button or if u can get a hold of the actual lock and pull it up. Good luck!

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

Man! Anybody have the link to the "Blondestar" clip?

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived