CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Shop Manual

davedog

Want a factory shop manual for my SRX. Don't want to pay out the you-know-what for it. Lots of sellers selling CD versions that look iffy. This guy claims to have the real - deal ( not a knock off) on DVD. Great feedback too. What do you guys think? Anyone have any experience with one of these types of manuals?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-SR...lsQ5fLiterature

Thanks for the input.

-dave B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Want a factory shop manual for my SRX. Don't want to pay out the you-know-what for it. Lots of sellers selling CD versions that look iffy. This guy claims to have the real - deal ( not a knock off) on DVD. Great feedback too. What do you guys think? Anyone have any experience with one of these types of manuals?

Thanks for the input.

-dave B)

These DVD manuals are now easy to get for free... Just go to your favorite torrent search tool and look for "GM eSi"

On a high speed DLS line it will take about 5 hours to download...

Very cool and useful tool and you can't beat FREE!

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

I've thought about buying something similar but I does sound too good to be true. I can't believe it's a GM product. Maybe a cheap knockoff although the seller's rating is good. It may be worth taking a chance for under $20. Though I would mind if the seller provides some examples of the literature and diagrams--or at least show the DVD.

Thanks for the input.

-dave B)

These DVD manuals are now easy to get for free... Just go to your favorite torrent search tool and look for "GM eSi"

But is it legal to download or is it another Napster-like illegal website?

I've been looking for a shop manual for my '05 Deville and all I can find on ebay are the CD/DVD versions. I have CD versions for my snowmobile and John Deere tractor but I really prefer the bound printed manuals - it's hard enough to find things in the paper version much less the CD/DVD version.

I may buy one of those DVDs just to have the shop manual available and keep looking for the printed version. The trouble is the printed versions are $135 now...

Downloading the information isn't an option for me - I only have dial-up at home and my company has the "torrent" sites blocked...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

GM employees can get free access to the GM online service manual here:

http://service.gm.com/index_en-US.html

Simply use your GMID. Same thing dealers use. Everything GM 1998-current. All vehicles, all systems.

Daily, monthly, annual rental access is available.

That said, not sure how they get all the info on a 4g DVD. Current online information is my guess over 8g.

I think Helm sells a DVD. But they are like $400. I think GM was trying to get away from having ANY discs because of the all copies being made.

At one time dealers were issued sets of CD's. Known as GM ESI / Techline. This is no longer the case. Everything is online.

He may be able to get the the 2005 Cadillac on to a DVD. But certainly not the complete GM online manual.

My guess is it's a copy. That said, he does have excellent + feedback.

Thanks Logan! One would thing if he's been on eBay doing this for 6+ years that if he was doing something illegal he would have been shut down....but then again who knows. Or maybe no one cares since it's for a older vehicle.

-dave

P.S. Now if we could all get these 'GMIDs' you speak of....now that would be sweet :P

I watched Ebay for a couple of weeks to find my shop manual. I got both volumes for around 40 bucks and they were in decent shape.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

yeah, that's how I did it on my 92 eldo. I think i paid $40 as well. But I guess since the SRX is so new no one wants to let them go very cheaply. I've been watching ebay since I bought the SRX nearly 4 years ago....everyone wants way too much...

-dave

Thanks for the input.

-dave B)

what do i torrent search for to find service man for 02 dhs

43655807_a46d727e81.jpg

what do i torrent search for to find service man for 02 dhs

GM eSi

Posted Image

But is it legal to download or is it another Napster-like illegal website?

Not in Canada, we have case law here that it is not illegal to download information like this...

it is illegal however to knowingly upload copyrighted info.

Having said that the guy on Ebay is knowingly selling Copyrighted info... I'm pretty sure that is illegal everywhere.

The torrent search I posted will get you a full HELM quality manual for every GM car and Truck sold in North America from 1998-2005.

You also get owners manuals for newer (2004/2005) cars and TSB for everything back to the late 80's.

It is a very cool tool and more then worth it.

caddy.jpg

Greg

GM employees can get free access to the GM online service manual here:

http://service.gm.com/index_en-US.html

Simply use your GMID. Same thing dealers use. Everything GM 1998-current. All vehicles, all systems.

Daily, monthly, annual rental access is available.

That said, not sure how they get all the info on a 4g DVD. Current online information is my guess over 8g.

The current system as all info from 1998-current... The DVD system ends in 2005. The extra 5 years would more them make up for the other 4 Gig

caddy.jpg

Greg

Archived