CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Anger Against the Government

I read in the paper this morning that a census worker in Kentucky was found dead in a cemetery with the word Fed scrawled on his chest.

I hope this isn't a preview of things to come. It's ok to have strong opinions about the current state of affairs. But in doing so, we all have a responsibility to keep it productive and understand that there are nuts among us just waiting for a signal that this kind of insanity is tolerable.

I fear for where our country is headed.

I had an automated telephone poll a week or so ago. It started out by asking who I would vote for if the 2010 elections were held today, and paired off a bunch of different candidates. Then it asked if I had favorable, unfavorable, or neutral opinions of a bunch of candidates, most of whom I had never heard of before.

Then it got weird. Really weird.

Suddenly I got the question "Do you think that the Federal Government should be abolished? 1 for Yes, 2 for No, 3 for Undecided."

This was followed by questions on abolishing the public school system and other such things. I got very uncomfortable and hung up. I took the liberty of notifying some people that I knew of that were interested or involved with local politics because I thought that some pollsters might be trying to associate people who voted in certain ways with dingbat or even psychotic opinions. That I could understand, hey, I see that kind of demonizing the opposition from both sides on the news every day.

But, could these guys be serious? Are there really people out there like that? In numbers???

:wacko::unsure::wacko::unsure::wacko::unsure::wacko::unsure::wacko:

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I read in the paper this morning that a census worker in Kentucky was found dead in a cemetery with the word Fed scrawled on his chest.

I hope this isn't a preview of things to come. It's ok to have strong opinions about the current state of affairs. But in doing so, we all have a responsibility to keep it productive and understand that there are nuts among us just waiting for a signal that this kind of insanity is tolerable.

I fear for where our country is headed.

I enjoy (?) the same fears. I don't (yet) tote a gun, nor is my home as secure as it might be. That is about to change.

While I own a few rare gold coins (off premises), I also keep some "cull" silver dollars (off premises) just "in case." It's nice to know I always have "cash" I can get to quickly. Understand, silver dollars are money as opposed to currency.

I realize I'm starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but think of this: at the click of a mouse my entire cash account can go from U.S. dollars to Canadien or Australian dollars.

You may rest assured that will happen. Likely soon.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I enjoy (?) the same fears. I don't (yet) tote a gun, nor is my home as secure as it might be. That is about to change.

While I own a few rare gold coins (off premises), I also keep some "cull" silver dollars (off premises) just "in case." It's nice to know I always have "cash" I can get to quickly. Understand, silver dollars are money as opposed to currency.

I realize I'm starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but think of this: at the click of a mouse my entire cash account can go from U.S. dollars to Canadien or Australian dollars.

Regards,

Warren

I do "TOTE" a gun.

But just a small one. Colt 1911. :D

A question, if I may....

On silver dollars...I am assuming you mean "REAL" silver dollars...not the "CLAD" silver dollars you get nowadays.

Seems like the CLAD ones would also just be CURRENCY as opposed to being MONEY.

I have a couple or three of the REAL silver dollars.

Been thinking of getting a couple or three more...just in case.

Waiting on your opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Image

Regards,

Warren

I do "TOTE" a gun.

A question, if I may....

On silver dollars...I am assuming you mean "REAL" silver dollars...not the "CLAD" silver dollars you get nowadays.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not a real coin collector; I'm an investor.

I enjoy "Silver Eagles" because their "MS70" grade coins have appreciated so rapidly over so few years. MS69 coins haven't fared so well.

Understand, I'm no expert. "Collectible" Coins are graded MS60 through MS70 with MS70 being the highest possible grade (certified flawless). My experience is an MS70 coin will likely appreciate in value faster/greater than an MS69.

That doesn't mean you wouldn't want to own an MS63 gold St. Gaudins. Trust me, you WOULD!

"Silver Eagles" contain 1 ounce of .999% pure silver. Ordinary ("Morgan" or "Peace") silver dollars contain about 70% silver; the remaining 30% accounts for the alloy that allows for "hardness."

Load up on these things; you will do well.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I enjoy "Silver Eagles" because their "MS70" grade coins have appreciated so rapidly over so few years. MS69 coins haven't fared so well.

Understand, I'm no expert. "Collectible" Coins are graded MS60 through MS70 with MS70 being the highest possible grade (certified flawless). My experience is an MS70 coin will likely appreciate in value faster/greater than an MS69.

That doesn't mean you wouldn't want to own an MS63 gold St. Gaudins. Trust me, you WOULD!

"Silver Eagles" contain 1 ounce of .999% pure silver. Ordinary ("Morgan" or "Peace") silver dollars contain about 70% silver; the remaining 30% accounts for the alloy that allows for "hardness."

Regards,

Warren

Thanks Warren,

I am looking into bulk bullion purchases of 100 oz and 10 oz silver bars.

Looks like most places charge a pretty good premium over and above the SPOT PRICES for them.

I am also wondering how hard they would be to convert BACK to currency, to BUY things with, in a later, hyper inflation, time period.

Posted Image

Regards,

Warren

I do "TOTE" a gun.

A question, if I may....

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Regards,

Warren

Thanks Warren,

I am looking into bulk bullion purchases of 100 oz and 10 oz silver bars.

Looks like most places charge a pretty good premium over and above the SPOT PRICES for them.

I am also wondering how hard they would be to convert BACK to currency, to BUY things with, in a later, hyper inflation, time period.

Bars are a good way to store wealth, but they are difficult to trade. If you are looking at this from a "survivalist" point of view, I'd suggest silver dollars or dimes. They are easily recognized and traded. Bars can be counterfeited and are thus suspect and more difficult to trade.

Silver is in an interesting position right now. Traditionally, it usually takes about 50 ounces of silver to buy one ounce of gold. Today, it takes about 70 ounces of silver to buy one ounce of gold. Silver is severely undervalued.

If you believe the precious metals will advance (as I do), you'd like to be invested in silver. If silver does nothing but catch up to its traditional ratio to gold it will be a huge leap. Beyond that, I expect it will advance. I own SVM, HL, and SLW, all with generous profits.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Yep, I have stored some of my wealth in bars, :lol:

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Are we talking about the same type of "bars"?

Posted Image

Bars are a good way to store wealth, but they are difficult to trade. If you are looking at this from a "survivalist" point of view, I'd suggest silver dollars or dimes. They are easily recognized and traded. Bars can be counterfeited and are thus suspect and more difficult to trade.

Silver is in an interesting position right now. Traditionally, it usually takes about 50 ounces of silver to buy one ounce of gold. Today, it takes about 70 ounces of silver to buy one ounce of gold. Silver is severely undervalued.

If you believe the precious metals will advance (as I do), you'd like to be invested in silver. If silver does nothing but catch up to its traditional ratio to gold it will be a huge leap. Beyond that, I expect it will advance. I own SVM, HL, and SLW, all with generous profits.

Regards,

Warren

Warren,

Thank you.

I will do some more pretty intense checking on prices.

I am worried about the coming inflation.

I can see where it may get REALLY BAD.

The Govt can not just keep on printing huge amounts of greenbacks without it eventually catching up to them.

I figured silver will hold more of it's REAL VALUE than currency will.

Posted Image

:D

We weren't talking about "THOSE" kinds of bars. :D:D

But I have done that also..at least a time or two. :D:D

:D:D:D

Posted Image

The Govt can not just keep on printing huge amounts of greenbacks without it eventually catching up to them.

The coming inflation will be BAD, however the good news is it won't be here for a year or more.

You have time to prepare yourself. Do so. Urgently.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

We weren't talking about "THOSE" kinds of bars. :D:D

But I have done that also..at least a time or two. :D:D

I have actually stored some wealth in a few Dallas bars along Shady Trail, :lol:

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

The coming inflation will be BAD, however the good news is it won't be here for a year or more.

Regards,

Warren

Warren explain how this coming inflation is going to hurt us.

ne option

Regards,t

Warren

Our nation's debt, depending upon who you listen to, may be as high as $100 trillion dollars. It is mathematically impossible for us to repay this debt.

One option is to do a "bananna republic" declaration of bankruptcy. The only remaining option is to inflate the crap out of our currency so as to repay our debt with cheaper dollars. THIS WILL HAPPEN! But not for a year or so.

More worrisome, in the near term, the world will come to understand that our borrowing of billions of dollars every three days (Treasury sales) will become unsustainable. When this inflection point occurs, the value of the dollar will plummet. My fear is that it may happen suddenly.

Everything you'd like to purchase will cost more in dollar terms.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

ne option

Regards,t

Warren

Our nation's debt, depending upon who you listen to, may be as high as $100 trillion dollars. It is mathematically impossible for us to repay this debt.

One option is to do a "bananna republic" declaration of bankruptcy. The only remaining option is to inflate the crap out of our currency so as to repay our debt with cheaper dollars. THIS WILL HAPPEN! But not for a year or so.

More worrisome, in the near term, the world will come to understand that our borrowing of billions of dollars every three days (Treasury sales) will become unsustainable. When this inflection point occurs, the value of the dollar will plummet. My fear is that it may happen suddenly. Actually, that would be my prediction.

Everything you'd like to purchase will cost more in dollar terms.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

ne option

Regards,t

Warren

More worrisome, in the near term, the world will come to understand that our borrowing of billions of dollars every three days (Treasury sales) will become unsustainable. When this inflection point occurs, the value of the dollar will plummet. My great fear is that will happen suddenly. Hopefully, not.

Everything you'd like to purchase will cost more in dollar terms. Food and energy will be at the top of your list.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

If you own stocks, make certain they are of the best quality and are multinational.

Sadly, the era of the USA has come to an end. Asia is the future. Put your money there.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Serious inflation is mentioned in this article from the American Thinker

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/09/are...e_collapse.html

"Sadly, the era of the USA has come to an end"...

Go figure...It may have something to do with the balance of PRODUCTIVE labor and

NON-PRODUCTIVE labor. "Making" money compared to "Getting" money.

The basis of Capitalism is PRODUCTION for profit. Converting raw materials into goods of social utility, and in turn selling them, MAKES money. NON-PRODUCTIVE labor "Services",

GETS money. The value of our dollar (Capital) is the SUM of the Goods and Services.

PRODUCTION (Products) makes all earnings possible. Production depends on Capital growth and earnings, BUT there can be NO REAL Capital without Production. Today, our Capital is about 20% REAL, 80% thin air... our Production compared to our Services.

rek

I am not sure what you are trying to say. We produce nothing? China produces everything? Because we produce nothing, that is what the root of our problem is?

Over the last 30 years or so, we have gone from a manufacturing to a services economy. We really dont manufacture anything do we?, even our car industry is dying.

In my appraisal training we learned that the 3 factors of production are Land, Labor and Capital. Labor has been outsourced around the world, we have destroyed our capital markets, and next is land, I suspect China will be taking that soon....sounds scary doesnt it

I am not sure what you are trying to say. We produce nothing? China produces everything? Because we produce nothing, that is what the root of our problem is?

Over the last 30 years or so, we have gone from a manufacturing to a services economy. We really dont manufacture anything do we?, even our car industry is dying.

In my appraisal training we learned that the 3 factors of production are Land, Labor and Capital. Labor has been outsourced around the world, we have destroyed our capital markets, and next is land, I suspect China will be taking that soon....sounds scary doesnt it

Scares the hell out of me. You don't suppose unrestrained capitalism had anything to do with it, do you?

Scares the hell out of me. You don't suppose unrestrained capitalism had anything to do with it, do you?
Blame? Hint at a reactionary... uh... reaction?

Do your own research. Major point: CRA 1977 with 1995 and 2002 amendments, controversy over regulation that resulted in no regulation, which filled the financial infrastructure with toxic debt vehicles and led to the pop of the real estate bubble, which activated the toxic debt.

Ideology and partisan politics are interesting, but irrelevant and divisive, thus counterproductive, and in any case the future is the best focus. Here's a link from May in a business publication that focuses on fixing the problem based on understanding it:

Another link to a video of a 30-minute academic lecture on economics -- in-depth modeling and prediction -- as applied to the Crisis of 2008:

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived