CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1993 Fleetwood test drive

I saw a nice 1993 Fleetwood on craig's list. Gave a call and PASTER'S WIFE told me it had 92000 miles, was in great shape,the previous owner passed away, they had had the car for a month and wanted to sell because it "was not good for the church" whatever it means. I told her that Providence, RI is an hour drive for me so PLEASE tell me everything you know about the car. She replied the car was perfect... I drove to Providence, parked my poor Seville in Providence Place Mall's parking garage, went to downtown to meet her. She was with her husband PASTOR Carlos and kids. Tried to run diagnostics and... wait a minute!!! You told me it had 92000 miles on the clock, but it shows 192000 miles! They were a bit confused, but insisted the mileage is on the website... (it was not there) and the wife pretended she was going somewhere and left.

So much for godfearing paster and his godfearing wife, who told me she would never lie because her hubby's a pastor!

Okay, just needed to vent. The Fleetwood was absolutely gorgeous, by the way.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

My wife used to work at finance company years and years ago.

Her job was to pull the credit report and approve..or "NOT" approve, loans, whatever the case may be.

The manager of the place told her...when she first started work there...that any credit application from the "Three P" group had to be personally approved by him.

She asked what were the "Three P's"

Pimps,

Prostitutes and

Preachers.

I know most Preachers are good people, (my brother is a Preacher), but a lot of them are also scam artists. They use the "Preacher" part of their persona to scam people.

I have a couple of stories about Preachers....won't go into "THAT" now. :D:D

Posted Image

What a tease!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

What a tease!

Regards,

Warren

OK...You Asked For It. :D

(I think that was the name of an old TV show) :D

I used to be in the dump truck business...gravel, top soil..asphalt...if you could haul it in a dump truck..I would haul it.

Well...this preacher called...and wanted a load of gravel for the church parking lot.

Ok...I take it over there, and instead of dumping it all in a pile...which is normal procedure...at his request, trying to be helpful, I put chains on the bottom of the tailgate, and drove back and forth over the parking lot...spreading it out for him.

Spent at least an extra hour (and missing hauling another load) doing that...trying to be nice and helpful.

He writes me a check, which he complains about it costing so much...and I had already cut my normal hauling fee in half...again...trying to be a nice guy and help out.

Ok...I deposit the check...it bounces...I call the preacher...he agrees to meet me at Denny's the next afternoon and bring the cash to pick up the check.

He never shows up. I wait almost an hour...just in case he was just running late.

I call him again...he says he will meet me again...same thing...he never shows.

Now I am getting ticked..it wasn't the amount of the check...

Heck I have spent more than that on a NICE dinner for me and Darling Wife.

A couple of weeks go by...I had kinda, sorta, forgot about it. Just gonna chalk it up to experience...and get on with life.

Then we had a big party at ny house...drinking...load music...all that stuff. :D

After everybody left, I was helping Darling Wife clean up the kitchen...put glasses in the dishwasher..etc..etc...and "I THOUGHT ABOUT THE PREACHER" :D:D

I called him at his home...it was about 2 am Sat night/Sunday morning.

I asked him if his churce was one of those types where people get up and "TESTIFY" about things.

He said "YES"

THEN I told him who I was, and that I would be there when the doors opened and I was gonna "TESTIFY" about the preacher writing hot checks and then LYING about picking it up and generally just trying to screw people out of their money.

I hung up on him and went to bed....about 7am...someone was banging on my door... It was one of the deacons from the church with THE CASH to pick up the hot check. :D:D:D:D

So......I didn't get to go visit his church that Sunday and testify about him. :D

Thinking back on it...I should have did it anyway. :D

Posted Image

What a tease!

Regards,

Warren

OK...You Asked For It. :D

(I think that was the name of an old TV show) :D

I used to be in the dump truck business...gravel, top soil..asphalt...if you could haul it in a dump truck..I would haul it.

Well...this preacher called...and wanted a load of gravel for the church parking lot.

Ok...I take it over there, and instead of dumping it all in a pile...which is normal procedure...at his request, trying to be helpful, I put chains on the bottom of the tailgate, and drove back and forth over the parking lot...spreading it out for him.

Spent at least an extra hour (and missing hauling another load) doing that...trying to be nice and helpful.

He writes me a check, which he complains about it costing so much...and I had already cut my normal hauling fee in half...again...trying to be a nice guy and help out.

Ok...I deposit the check...it bounces...I call the preacher...he agrees to meet me at Denny's the next afternoon and bring the cash to pick up the check.

He never shows up. I wait almost an hour...just in case he was just running late.

I call him again...he says he will meet me again...same thing...he never shows.

Now I am getting ticked..it wasn't the amount of the check...

Heck I have spent more than that on a NICE dinner for me and Darling Wife.

A couple of weeks go by...I had kinda, sorta, forgot about it. Just gonna chalk it up to experience...and get on with life.

Then we had a big party at ny house...drinking...load music...all that stuff. :D

After everybody left, I was helping Darling Wife clean up the kitchen...put glasses in the dishwasher..etc..etc...and "I THOUGHT ABOUT THE PREACHER" :D:D

I called him at his home...it was about 2 am Sat night/Sunday morning.

I asked him if his churce was one of those types where people get up and "TESTIFY" about things.

He said "YES"

THEN I told him who I was, and that I would be there when the doors opened and I was gonna "TESTIFY" about the preacher writing hot checks and then LYING about picking it up and generally just trying to screw people out of their money.

I hung up on him and went to bed....about 7am...someone was banging on my door... It was one of the deacons from the church with THE CASH to pick up the hot check. :D:D:D:D

So......I didn't get to go visit his church that Sunday and testify about him. :D

Thinking back on it...I should have did it anyway. :D

Yes, understood. I'm a non-believer. I guess folk here will think ill of me for that. Be that as it may.

I respect believers. I'm concerned, however, that some folk lose their common sense spending habits when it comes to the folk you mentioned.

Regards,

Warren

P.S. Apologies to adillac

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Yes, understood. I'm a non-believer. I guess folk here will think ill of me for that. Be that as it may.

I respect believers. I'm concerned, however, that some folk lose their common sense spending habits when it comes to the folk you mentioned.

Regards,

Warren

We all have the right to believe as we see fit...no harm..no foul...as far as I am concerned.

I am a believer...but do not go to church...because of your last statement.

I have seen it happen too many times to count.

I am disillusioned with organized religion.

Totally.

One of my best friends wife went to a church where the preacher preached that if you did not belong to THAT church...you were "GOING TO HELL."

Not just belong to his particular DENOMINATION...but to his "INDIVIDUAL CHURCH."

It was nuts.

Ok...I am too long winded...and I am typing on my stupid LAPTOP.

I hate this keyboard. :D:D:D

Posted Image

Regards,

Warren

We all have the right to believe as we see fit...no harm..no foul...as far as I am concerned.

I am a believer...but do not go to church...because of your last statement.

I have seen it happen too many times to count.

I am disillusioned with organized religion.

Totally.

One of my best friends wife went to a church where the preacher preached that if you did not belong to THAT church...you were "GOING TO HELL."

Not just belong to his particular DENOMINATION...but to his "INDIVIDUAL CHURCH."

It was nuts.

Posted Image

It was nuts.

NO, it wasn't.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

It was nuts.

NO, it wasn't.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

It was nuts.

Does this remind you of any religiosity that comes out of the Middle East?

Yeah, they're nuts.

Regards,

Warren

P.S. Hope your LAPTOP keyoard recovers. :=P

Posted Image

It was nuts.

NO, it wasn't.

Regards,

Warren

Don't understand...explain please.

Sorry. I'm between computers (Laptop) right now and I'm all digital thumbs. Hmnn . . . that didn't quite come out right, did it?

Posted Image

Funny how the potential of someone testifying something negative/immoral would light a fire under his butt....god (lowercase intentionally) forbid it might impact his CASH FLOW

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I saw a nice 1993 Fleetwood on craig's list. Gave a call and PASTER'S WIFE told me it had 92000 miles, was in great shape,the previous owner passed away, they had had the car for a month and wanted to sell because it "was not good for the church" whatever it means. I told her that Providence, RI is an hour drive for me so PLEASE tell me everything you know about the car. She replied the car was perfect... I drove to Providence, parked my poor Seville in Providence Place Mall's parking garage, went to downtown to meet her. She was with her husband PASTOR Carlos and kids. Tried to run diagnostics and... wait a minute!!! You told me it had 92000 miles on the clock, but it shows 192000 miles! They were a bit confused, but insisted the mileage is on the website... (it was not there) and the wife pretended she was going somewhere and left.

There is no confusion on the seller's part - they HAD to know the car had 192,000 on it. If it only had 92,000 miles on it, the odometer would have displayed 092000. That excuse may have worked in the days of 5 digit mechanical odometers though...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

There is no confusion on the seller's part - they HAD to know the car had 192,000 on it. If it only had 92,000 miles on it, the odometer would have displayed 092000. That excuse may have worked in the days of 5 digit mechanical odometers though...

KHE,

They knew everything. Probbaly the relatives of the owner who passed away donated that Fleetwood to the church, and the pastor wanted just to sell it. He owned the car for a month. When I saw in person that assaperture's wife, I already knew I could not trust her. You know, there are women who just look like cheaters and liers.

As for organized religion, I think it is all about money, bull-shiting and brain-washing people.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived