CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Saving GM: Inside the Crisis

Interesting video at Hulu.com Saving GM: Inside the Crisis

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

GM's Rick Wagoner spent nearly 3,000 days (almost ten years!) at the helm of GM. During that period of time GM lost nearly $30,000,000 PER DAY!!

You'll understand I wouldn't hire him as a dog catcher.

Chrysler Motors is about to join forces with another loser company, Fiat. This new entity will be owned and directed by the Federal Government and the U.A.W.

No further comment is needed. I'll leave that up to all y'all.

Regards,

Warren

P.S. Did you know that "Y'all" is singular, and that "all y'all" is plural? Something new every day . . .

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

My question is sort of obvious: Didn't the shareholders & bondholders notice anything strange under the Wagner ten year tenure??? These same shareholders and bondholders who now want to wreck GM completely. Something smells fishy in Denmark.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

My question is sort of obvious: Didn't the shareholders & bondholders notice anything strange under the Wagner ten year tenure??? These same shareholders and bondholders who now want to wreck GM completely. Something smells fishy in Denmark.

Denmark, I'm told, makes nice pastries.

Regards,

Warren

P.S. Bankers the world round proved most of themselves to be idiots (politely speaking). Has anyone failed to notice that NOT ONE Canadian bank has failed? YOU GO Canada!

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Denmark, I'm told, makes nice pastries.

Regards,

Warren

P.S. Bankers the world round proved most of themselves to be idiots (politely speaking). Has anyone failed to notice that NOT ONE Canadian bank has failed? YOU GO Canada!

Canada nationalized her banks years ago, that's why. They don't have a "Federal Reserve" screwing with their economy like the USA.

Canada nationalized her banks years ago, that's why. They don't have a "Federal Reserve" screwing with their economy like the USA.

The Federal Reserve Bank was chartered in 1913 to "protect the value of the dollar." The dollar has since lost 98% of its value. Nice! Only 2% to go.

In 1913 you could have used either a $20 bill or a twenty dollar gold coin to purchase a new suit, shirt, tie, socks, belt, shoes etc.

Then, the Great One, FDR, had another thought in 1933; he stole your grandparents gold. Confiscated it! Made it illegal to own the bright yellow metal!

In 2009 a twenty dollar bill might maybe buy you a tie, but a twenty dollar gold coin will still purchase you a wardrobe and leave you with change in your pocket. You might wanna think about owning some gold.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

The Federal Reserve Bank was chartered in 1913 to "protect the value of the dollar." The dollar has since lost 98% of its value. Nice! Only 2% to go.

In 1913 you could have used either a $20 bill or a twenty dollar gold coin to purchase a new suit, shirt, tie, socks, belt, shoes etc.

Then, the Great One, FDR, had another thought in 1933; he stole your grandparents gold. Confiscated it! Made it illegal to own the bright yellow metal!

In 2009 a twenty dollar bill might maybe buy you a tie, but a twenty dollar gold coin will still purchase you a wardrobe and leave you with change in your pocket. You might wanna think about owning some gold.

Regards,

Warren

You forgot to mention that federal income tax came into existence because of the Federal Reserve. :angry:

I write on my money. I write "worth 1 cent" on a one dollar bill, "worth 5 cents" on a five dollar bill, "worth 10 cents" on a ten dollar bill, "worth 20 cents" on a twenty dollar bill and so forth and I don't care if the government gets pissed over it either.... :lol:

Regards,

Warren

I can't afford the gold but I do buy silver whenever possible. Silver is way undervalued. I'm patient.

We now clearly see what happens when banks lowered their lending standards making it easier for everyone to buy houses, cars and other big ticket items. No matter what type of hokus pokus the government tries, if they really want the economy to get back on track and if they really want to continue the USA economy as a consumer economy vs. a manufacturing economy, then the ONLY way this will be accomplished is by giving all the worker's in the USA salary raises that will make them better consumers without having to fall back on loans from banks and credit cards.

So long as Americans are some of the lowest paid workers in the world, no car manufacturer should imagine that they will be selling lots of new cars in the USA. Americans who are poorly paid are poor shoppers. They will buy a used car, an OLD used car for a few hundred dollars and drive it until it dies, then buy another OLD used car and so forth.

And yes, we are the lowest paid amongst the industrialized nations.

I can't afford the gold but I do buy silver whenever possible. Silver is way undervalued. I'm patient.

Silver is historically way undervalued in respect to gold. If it simply "catches up" to gold it might nearly double in price.

If the "precious metals" rise, gold will be nice to us, but the volatile silver will likely just ROCKET!

Don't say you can't participate in this action. I'm currently up 29% in Nova Gold (NG:AMEX); last price $2.83. I'm up 34% in Hecla Mining (HL:NYSE); last price $2.76.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Now that GM (government made) is owned by the government, do we have to clear new models with congress? :rolleyes:

You may depend upon it. On the bright side, your uncle Sam will also structure your car loan for you. You won't like your loan terms any more than you will like the car they will build you.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

I wonder what years the quality control of the cars will be? Will they be built better under the democrats or the republicans or will they be better under bipartisan? :fighting0025:

They will get 60 mpg, be made of recycled aluminum foil, have 42 air-bags, weigh less than 1600 lbs. and have the necessary implements in the glove box to perform a partial birth abortion.

Libertarians will offer a 50 caliber machine gun option.

Republicans, as is their nature, will simply pee and moan.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

From my perspective, the taxpayers receiving an interest in the company should result in our being able to recover our investment and get out as the value of the company increases.

Weren't Americans just crying that we didn't get that with the bank bailouts?

If we're not supposed to get this for our collective investment in rescuing GM, then what is it we should be getting?

From my perspective, the taxpayers receiving an interest in the company should result in our being able to recover our investment and get out as the value of the company increases.

Weren't Americans just crying that we didn't get that with the bank bailouts?

If we're not supposed to get this for our collective investment in rescuing GM, then what is it we should be getting?

GM is no different than Chrysler. Taxpayers will be getting nothing out of Chrysler except the opportunity to "invest" more money. Secured bondholders, if lucky, will get 30 cents on the dollar. The U.A.W will get 55% of the company and be made near whole (they will also hold a note with 9% interest). Gee, maybe a payoff to the unions??

Oh, and they get to elect one member of the new board's six directors. The U.S. government will appoint another four. The final director will be chosen by either Canada, Fiat, or Joe Biden; not clear just yet.

In answer to your question, "then what is it we should be getting?" you should know by now: bend over and well . . . you know.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

We now clearly see what happens when banks lowered their lending standards making it easier for everyone to buy houses, cars and other big ticket items. No matter what type of hokus pokus the government tries, if they really want the economy to get back on track and if they really want to continue the USA economy as a consumer economy vs. a manufacturing economy, then the ONLY way this will be accomplished is by giving all the worker's in the USA salary raises that will make them better consumers without having to fall back on loans from banks and credit cards.

So long as Americans are some of the lowest paid workers in the world, no car manufacturer should imagine that they will be selling lots of new cars in the USA. Americans who are poorly paid are poor shoppers. They will buy a used car, an OLD used car for a few hundred dollars and drive it until it dies, then buy another OLD used car and so forth.

You're joking, right? Right?

Posted Image

You're joking, right? Right?

What is it exactly that you think I'm joking about?

USA minimum wage $7.25/hour (effective July 24, 2009)

UK minimum Wage £5.73/hour ($8.65) (effective October 1, 2008)

France minimum Wage EUR 7.61/hour ($10.34) (as of 2004 so this figure may be higher)

Germany, there is no minimum wage law however their lowest paying industries appear to earn EUR 7.69/hour ($10.45) as of 2004. Germany is a highly unionized country and as such they are generally the highest paid workers in the EU.

$7.25/hour = $290/week or $15,080/year. Oh yes, give that person a mortgage for $350,000.

We now clearly see what happens when banks lowered their lending standards making it easier for everyone to buy houses, cars and other big ticket items.

Here is the TRUTH:

Under Bill Clinton, The Community Reinvestment Act was revised. Basically, the revision started to put pressure on lenders to take more financial risks. It was felt that lenders were not being “fair” to minorities and the poor who only wanted to share in the American dream of owning their own home. Janet Reno began to outwardly threaten banks and mortgage lenders with prosecution if home loans were not approved for those who wanted to purchase homes that, in truth, they could not afford.

THIS WAS A POLITICAL FAILURE FOR VOTES, lets STOP blaming the banks

I worked in banks (Bayside Federal, Washington Federal, Bankers Trust, Citibank, Chemical Bank, Chase, Republic National Bank) my entire life, about 1995, I was sitting next to our compliance officer and she was being interviewed/GRILLED by CRA (community reinvestment act personel) as to WHY the bank rejected this african-american's loan when they approved this white persons loan? I was STUNNED! The officer said, well its because this persons credit was poor, you can see it here and they did not meet our lending criteria. That reasoning DID NOT sit well with the CRA people.... SO... they KNOCKED DOWN the lending criteria!!!! PROBLEM FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Your statement implies that BANKS willingly lowered their lending standards, read up on Barney Frank and Chris Dowd and the

The Clinton administration, which pushed for less stringent credit and downpayment requirements for working- and middle-class families

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/clinto...2008-09-25.html

Try this article

Arrest Chris Dodd, Barack Obama, Chuck Schumer, Barney Frank

http://www.liberalutopia.net/2009/02/arres...bama-chuck.html

How about Jamie Gorelick?

"...One Jamie Gorelick is this American. And without pretending that she caused the loss of countless thousands of lives and countless billions of dollars of wealth by herself, she certainly did push some of the early domino's in catastrophic chain events that are a major factors in life in America today...Gorelick, an appointee of Bill Clinton, is the one who constructed the wall of separation that kept the CIA and the FBI from comparing notes and therefore invading the privacy of nice young men like, say, Muhammed Atta and Zacarius Moussaoui. While countless problems were uncovered in our intelligence operations in the wake of 9-11, no single factor comes close to in importance to Jamie Gorelick's wall...Her fingerprints are all over the Fannie Mae-Freddie Mac mess, which is to say the mess that is central in the entire mortgage-housing crisis. Without so much as one scintilla of real estate or finance experience, she was appointed as Vice Chairman of Fannie Mae in 1997 and served in that role through 2003, which is when most of the systemic cancers that came home to roost today happened. She was instrumental in covering up problems with Fannie Mae while employed there and took multiple millions in bonuses as she helped construct this house of cards...."

This article nicely summarizes, to me this was due to the SEC not doing their job

http://www.chronwatch-america.com/articles...Stop/Page1.html

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

We now clearly see what happens when banks lowered their lending standards making it easier for everyone to buy houses, cars and other big ticket items.

Here is the TRUTH:

Under Bill Clinton, The Community Reinvestment Act was revised. Basically, the revision started to put pressure on lenders to take more financial risks. It was felt that lenders were not being “fair” to minorities and the poor who only wanted to share in the American dream of owning their own home. Janet Reno began to outwardly threaten banks and mortgage lenders with prosecution if home loans were not approved for those who wanted to purchase homes that, in truth, they could not afford.

THIS WAS A POLITICAL FAILURE FOR VOTES, lets STOP blaming the banks

I worked in banks (Bayside Federal, Washington Federal, Bankers Trust, Citibank, Chemical Bank, Chase, Republic National Bank) my entire life, about 1995, I was sitting next to our compliance officer and she was being interviewed/GRILLED by CRA (community reinvestment act personel) as to WHY the bank rejected this african-american's loan when they approved this white persons loan? I was STUNNED! The officer said, well its because this persons credit was poor, you can see it here and they did not meet our lending criteria. That reasoning DID NOT sit well with the CRA people.... SO... they KNOCKED DOWN the lending criteria!!!! PROBLEM FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Your statement implies that BANKS willingly lowered their lending standards, read up on Barney Frank and Chris Dowd and the

The Clinton administration, which pushed for less stringent credit and downpayment requirements for working- and middle-class families

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/clinto...2008-09-25.html

Try this article

Arrest Chris Dodd, Barack Obama, Chuck Schumer, Barney Frank

http://www.liberalutopia.net/2009/02/arres...bama-chuck.html

How about Jamie Gorelick?

"...One Jamie Gorelick is this American. And without pretending that she caused the loss of countless thousands of lives and countless billions of dollars of wealth by herself, she certainly did push some of the early domino's in catastrophic chain events that are a major factors in life in America today...Gorelick, an appointee of Bill Clinton, is the one who constructed the wall of separation that kept the CIA and the FBI from comparing notes and therefore invading the privacy of nice young men like, say, Muhammed Atta and Zacarius Moussaoui. While countless problems were uncovered in our intelligence operations in the wake of 9-11, no single factor comes close to in importance to Jamie Gorelick's wall...Her fingerprints are all over the Fannie Mae-Freddie Mac mess, which is to say the mess that is central in the entire mortgage-housing crisis. Without so much as one scintilla of real estate or finance experience, she was appointed as Vice Chairman of Fannie Mae in 1997 and served in that role through 2003, which is when most of the systemic cancers that came home to roost today happened. She was instrumental in covering up problems with Fannie Mae while employed there and took multiple millions in bonuses as she helped construct this house of cards...."

This article nicely summarizes, to me this was due to the SEC not doing their job

http://www.chronwatch-america.com/articles...Stop/Page1.html

You're right AND WHAT I SHOULD HAVE SAID WAS, "NOW WE SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE BANKS DID WHAT THE GOVERNMENT TOLD THEM TO DO". :lol: :lol: But it's still no laughing matter no matter how you look at it.

Agreed Marika

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

And now, GM is doing what the Government tells it to do...

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

And now, GM is doing what the Government tells it to do...

Regardless that is a scary thought. I guess we got the "Change" people were looking for. :(:unsure::blink:<_<

Archived