CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I got passed by......

Dave in Texas

I think I'm embarrassed. Yesterday, on my return trip from the valley, I was tooling along at 80mph on IH 37 when the Oscar Meyer Weiner-Mobile passed me! Appalling ain't it!? The back-end of that 'mobile' sure looked like a new Yellow Corvette though........no, really!

GM Reman 4.1 engine Dec '08

What a wimp..... ;):lol:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

The weinermobile is a Corvette.

Don't you know that that's what it is!! - it's a vette with a lightweight fiberglass shell placed on top of it. ---- nah, I'm just trying to make you feel better :)

not sure where they were off to in such a hurry, hamburgers are the new comfort food in this recession. ask anyone in McDonalds

Keep in mind that you are talking about Texas here! My experience is that they DRIVE down there, Im not surprised to see the MOBILE pass you :D

Texas Jim, are you surprised?

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

The weinermobile is a Corvette.

Don't you know that that's what it is!! - it's a vette with a lightweight fiberglass shell placed on top of it. ---- nah, I'm just trying to make you feel better :)

not sure where they were off to in such a hurry, hamburgers are the new comfort food in this recession. ask anyone in McDonalds

Corvette popped into mind because of the rear deck-lid lights and the bright yellow color. Two vertical bulls-eye tail lights on each side. From what I've been able to find, the latest version is based on a Mini-Cooper, but the version that passed me, quickly, was no M-C!

Keep in mind that you are talking about Texas here! My experience is that they DRIVE down there, Im not surprised to see the MOBILE pass you :D

Nope...not a bit surprised. :D

But Dave should have done his part for fuel conservation....and DRAFTED him.

As tall and wide as that thing is...you could have got real close and ran 80/90 and got 40MPG or better. :D:D

Posted Image

Nope...not a bit surprised. :D

But Dave should have done his part for fuel conservation....and DRAFTED him.

As tall and wide as that thing is...you could have got real close and ran 80/90 and got 40MPG or better. :D:D

I was too shocked by that thing passing me to respond, except to check my speed....:huh:

Archived