CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

RockAuto experience

Dave in Texas

A few months ago I was pricing parts and saw someone here posted a discount code for RockAuto. I checked their prices, bought from them using the posted code. Since that time I've purchased more parts from RA. Most recent purchase was new power-steering lines. Edleman brand and at a good price. The box the return line came in looked bad, but wasn't broken/damaged. The line had some over-bends, but I had to use it and could not wait for a replacement. I got it installed, but it's not right. I sent a message to RA about the condition of the box and the over-bent steel line, not really complaining but just as a informational feeback. Recently I received a reply stating they were sorry for the problem, and that they have a replacement line on the way to me.....no charge! I did not expect that and don't look forward to replacing this pita line, but will do it. RA does right by their customers in my opinion.

GM Reman 4.1 engine Dec '08

I've bought many parts for my Cadillac, my XJS and my son's Cadillac many times from RA and I have been completely happy every time. RA is my first choice for consumable Cadillac and Jaguar parts. I have other sources for those Cadillac and Jaguar parts I can't get at RA and who are just as customer service oriented - make buying my parts a pleasure.

I have had great customer service with RA. I had an AC Dryer from them that was a correct aftermarket part but too long to fit in the car. They credited my account that day. Also, their delivery dates have all been on time or early! Great folk to work with.

I've always had great experiences with RockAuto and that's all I use for mail order parts so far. Customer service is really easy to deal with and the returns I've had to do were as smooth as you could possibly ask for.

I believe it was a discount code from my signature that you used. Glad it was of some use for you!

My codes are expired now, if you have a good code would you mind posting it in the thread listed in my signature?

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

Discount on RockAuto Parts!

Thank you for being a www.RockAuto.com customer! To show our appreciation, we have a special discount for you.

Your discount code is:

1294527780121 Good through January 18,2009

Rec'd new replacement line yesterday. Again, the shipping box was all bent/crushed and the flaps not even taped. One flap was just 'on the box'. The 0-ring/plug/instructions were gone. This is the cooler/return line and is very long/so is the box, but it is not a strong shipping box. If both orders left the parts' ship point in pristine condition, they sure went through hell on the trip. This line is correct and the bends are proper. Of course now it's too cold to deal with un-installing the first line and installing this replacement. Fortunately I don't have to return the first line sent, so I can wait for warm weather.

Rec'd new replacement line yesterday. Again, the shipping box was all bent/crushed and the flaps not even taped. One flap was just 'on the box'. The 0-ring/plug/instructions were gone. This is the cooler/return line and is very long/so is the box, but it is not a strong shipping box. If both orders left the parts' ship point in pristine condition, they sure went through hell on the trip. This line is correct and the bends are proper. Of course now it's too cold to deal with un-installing the first line and installing this replacement. Fortunately I don't have to return the first line sent, so I can wait for warm weather.

I have ordered similar lines from a dealer and the price was not that bad. My point is that you can get the parts from a dealer in a better shape.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I have ordered similar lines from a dealer and the price was not that bad. My point is that you can get the parts from a dealer in a better shape.

Really? What lines? What prices?

Really? What lines? What prices?

PS return lines made in Canada. Each was about $30. 4.9 engine, Some three years ago, so I do not remember part numbers. You can print rockauto.com quote and take it to a dealer to see if they can match.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I'll try that tactic with the dealer if need be. I research all possiblities before going to the dealer. Here, every part-purchased is at extreme cost from the dealer. $10 for the oil-tube o-ring! $6ea flexplate bolt. $7ea oil-adapter gasket. Occasionally I have to bite the bullit and purchase from the dealer and it hurts. RA has done right by me and I think that extends to all customers. I prolly wouldn't have had a problem with this particular cooler/return line if the packing box was made for shipping. It's a low-grade cardboard box meant for hand-delivery. A heavy/strong cardboard made for abuse during the shipping process should have been used. Anyway, thanks for the matching idea. If the dealer will match the RA price(with the ship cost) I'll go with them.

Archived