CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

NOT HAPPY

STYES

I hear that the STS-V will only have roughly 425 horse. Not bad for the stock STS of the future. But considering that the new M5 boasts 500 horse, I am not a happy camper. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

there are spyshots of the sts-v and xlr-v on the car connection. I dont think it gives specifics about HP. the car connection...the xlr-v looks real tight, the sts-v is all camo'd up so I cant tell.

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

I think that we should all be happy that GM is doing this much with caddy. 425 is plenty and think of the aftermarket they will have for a Turbo'd engine. I bet w/ under 2 grand you could have that magic 500hp #.

Also it's important to wait and see the performance. A supercharged engine can have a huge wide powerband and terrific acceleration.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

don't be fooled by the numbers: the only definitive way to measure an engine's performance is with the power graphs for hp and torque...aside from weight gearing and ratios, everything else is meaningless. i believe the bmw will utilize a v10 if what i've read is correct, and definitely for bottom end punch, you're hard pressed to beat a supecharger. jackg 90seville 94k

:rolleyes: Not Happy? How can you be dissapointed with 425 horsepower. I wish I owned a car with 425 horsepower. Most stock cars only have up to 200 horses. Thats over twice as much power and torque than your average performance car.

Recount your marbles.

:rolleyes: Not Happy? How can you be dissapointed with 425 horsepower? I wish I owned a car with 425 horsepower. Most stock cars only have up to 200 horses. Thats over twice as much power and torque than your average performance car.

Recount your marbles.

I hear that the STS-V will only have roughly 425 horse. Not bad for the stock STS of the future. But considering that the new M5 boasts 500 horse, I am not a happy camper. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Get the CTS-V instead. 57.litre, 8 cylinders and plenty of bang for the buck.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Marika,

I want the 57.litre too.

3500 cubies! Smokin!

How does it fit under the hood?

couldn't resist...

:D

It fits under the hood of the CTS-V.... ;):lol::D:P

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Marika,

I want the 57.litre too.

3500 cubies!  Smokin!

How does it fit under the hood?

couldn't resist...

:D

It fits under the hood of the CTS-V.... ;):lol::D:P

Lets see...57 cubic liters = 3, 478 cubic inches. I don't think that fits under any hood. :D

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

STS-V is to be supercharged.

Lets hope they have done some work on the head bolt hole problem. Timeserts from the factory might be a good way to go.

Perhaps not be so aggressive on the cylinder honing.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

And the price difference between this 500 HP M5 and an STS V is ?????? You want that additional peak 75 HP for nothing???

Besides, Bruce is right about the power curves. You can't always (rarely really) go by peak HP numbers - it's only one point on the entire power curve. Can't trust magazine numbers all the time either..................

Im going to take a chance here and possibly upset some members, but I hope not, its not my intention.

A friend of mine has an M5 and it sounds ratical, the engine borders on something exotic, IMHO. It does not remind me of the 'type' of feel or package that is cadillac. Now while I realize that I may have just put myself in the geriatric catagory, when you go to the www.cadillac.com website and check out the V-Series Velocity videos, I think that the designers are trying to retain some of that cadillac feel that we all love. Refined but a brute. I mean do we really want side-pipes, headers and a 3/4 race lope on a cadillac? LOL....

That is unless Cadillac wants to built the ULTIMATE driving machine, and in that case, JUST DO IT!!!

But then again maybe power is a relative thing to us all.. I myself was MORE than shocked when I made an aggessive pass today to make an exit ramp that was closing in on me and and i hit 97 in a flash, and shocked myself (and slowed down PRONTO given the condition my driverside front XW4).... Do I really need, another 200 horsepower? LOL..... Mike (see the picture, I'm OLD)....

Lets see...57 cubic liters = 3, 478 cubic inches. I don't think that fits under any hood. :D

OK...you caught the editor in a typo......

LOL!!!!!!!!

:P

The Italian police just got one of these and it was donated to them:

http://www.lambocars.com/gallardo/gallardos.htm

Timing couldn't be better for a horsepower pissing contest. Who's gonna

buy these monsters with the price of crude going through the roof?

When we look back a few years from now it'll be BMW and Mercedes

with their 500 HP bad boys that'll epitomize this craze. All manias end badly.

When we look back a few years from now it'll be BMW and Mercedes with their 500 HP bad boys that'll epitomize this craze. All manias end badly.

In the end, I think it'll be the moderates that win out, like the Northstar engine. It makes good power (not "the most", but not "the least" either), and still returns great fuel economy. I think the 3800 engine is another good example, especially when supercharged. And not to forget the LS1 engine, which returns highway economy close to 30 mpg I understand (in the F and Y cars). I chuckle at the Hemi Dodge trucks, whose fuel economy is unpublished from what I've seen, but I wouldn't believe much more than 12 mpg around town. 'Course the same goes for any fullsize truck or SUV.

And when looking at the current horsepower war (in the sport/luxury car world), things aren't all that different from three decades ago. The fastest cars out there are loud, proud, and making city fuel economy in the low teens.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I chuckle at the Hemi Dodge trucks, whose fuel economy is unpublished from what I've seen, but I wouldn't believe much more than 12 mpg around town.

I'm with ya'. I was walking around these Dodge trucks when the Hemi came out and as I recall, they were 12 (city) and 16 (highway). That wasn't any better than my Bronco.

Jim

Dodge trucks are notorious for low fuel economy.... I rented a Dodge truck a few of years ago to go to Michigan's upper peninsula snowmobiling and it got 10 MPG.....It had the 360 engine and was a nice truck but it got horrible gas mileage....

In March, we took my Dad's Silverado Z-71 and it got 15 mpg. Not great but a hell of a lot better than the Dodge.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Thanks for the replys, boys! True, what Caddy is offering these days is awesome. But I don't compare Caddy with the garbage that GM offered in the 80's. I compare it to what Mr Lutz has made me expect. Cheaper, better, and faster. The CTS-V and XLR fit that bill, why not the STS-V? Once again. The CTS-V and XLR are CHEAPER, BETTER, and FASTER than their direct competition! Why should the STS-V, the "FLAGSHIP" and I direct quote here, be anything less!!!??? I have heard about powerbands, and the like, but that is what the imports smoke the domestics on! What makes us think that 75 horse less, is going to match the BMW? It's not, so don't fool yourselves. The biggest car company in the world can only match with a blown version of a 12 year old design?! Lesser resources have been producing V-10's, and V-12's for years! I will NEVER buy imported crap, but until the domestics step it up, my neighboors, friends, and family will continue to be un-American, and buy the imports! I EXPECT the STS to have 425 horse, and the V to be cheaper, better, and faster! I expect the biggest car company in the world to offer me that!

FUEL ECONOMY? I see what you are thinking! COP OUTS! I am talking PERFORMANCE! When I was 18, I was spending 2.65 a gallon for racing fuel for a car that got 5 MPG! If you can afford a sweet Caddy, you can afford gas! The "pisser" here is this. If you can't afford the gas, you buy a Honda, not a Chevy! The biggest car maker in the world should offer BOTH! I hate the imports, but I hate the complacency of the domestics, even moreso! GM allowed the imports to gouge their once 50 percent market share! WHY? Pure incompetence!

Archived