CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2002 cadillac deville

thanks jim but i try to buy mileage and looks

Obviously the mileage seems VERY low for an 02. Why? Get a carfax report, everytime service is done or the car is inspected the mileage is recorded, you can verify the mileage that way. I would even to to Cadillac with the VIN to see if their computers show anything

I say this because my neighbor leases cars and constantly has the mileage turned back on GM and Chrysler products. She recently had one turned back from 65K to 35K.. I DO NOT know how this is possible but I have seen it with my own eyes, maybe its a Tech 2 that allows it. Carfax\

That is a nice looking car by the way

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

thanks jim but i try to buy mileage and looks

my neighbor leases cars and constantly has the mileage turned back on GM and Chrysler products. She recently had one turned back from 65K to 35K.. I DO NOT know how this is possible but I have seen it with my own eyes, maybe its a Tech 2 that allows it. Carfax\

That is a nice looking car by the way

That is disgusting... she had better hope no one (as in someone who buys one of her old cars) discovers her as she may have to take up residence in the house of many doors...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

the dealer said it was a trade in on a new car and it was one owner locally ownd the ran an auto checik but not a carfax can any one run it serial number is in add

Quote KHE: That is disgusting...

I agree, while she was telling me this, I was talking to myself, thinking that is a F'd up thing to do. I understand WHY she does it, but I got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach and lost respect for her. But I am even more upset with the guy that she found to do it. I have spoken about this before. I am sure there is a black market for this type of stuff.

You know, you have to laugh out loud about the press focusing on stuff like, the "over charging" due to HOT FUEL and the pumps inability to account for its temperature in measuring its volume, but stuff as serious as this flys under the radar and no one says anything. Think about buying a Northstar that YOU THINK has 25,000 miles on it, but it has 65K on it and damage the engine because you think you have 60,000 miles, but you HAVE 100K miles and the coolant ends up depleted of its corrosion protection and turns acidic.

Someone needs to STOP this from happening, mileage should be NON-VOLITLE and BURNED INTO the PROM and NON CHANGABLE. If it is tampered with, a non removable CODE should be set

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Mike,

I agree with you . It is despicable.

Back in the early '80s.. I knew a couple of guys that ran a used car lot.

They would buy REAL HIGH MILEAGE luxury cars at the dealer auctions, then run the odometers back to where it would equal about 10,000 to 15,000 miles a year. Then they would sell them with a disclaimer... ACTUAL MILEAGE UNKNOWN.

You might be buying a two year old Cadillac or Town Car with 20,000 or 30,000 on the odometer, when it really had closer to 100,000 on it. That just AIN'T RIGHT.

Someone finally turned them in. They lost their license and had to pay some some pretty big fines.

I can't imagine who turned them in.

It is my understanding that the mileage on new cars is stored in the instrument cluster....

If that is TRUE... I could go buy a new instrument panel and my mileage would be starting from ZERO again instead of the current 37,000.

If that is true and if you were an extreamly high mileage driver...and if you bought a new instrument panel when you bought your new car... you could swap them out every once in a while and when it indicated 50,000, you would REALLY have 100,000 on it.

It shouldn't be THAT EASY to cheat someone. The mileage should be permanent on a prom.

Posted Image

About the gasoline... HOT FUEL and all that.....

I had a thought the other day....

The people that burn premium and fill up at a pump that only has one hose... get CHEATED almost everytime they get fuel.

The vast majority of cars are running regular.

The REGULAR fuel that is left in the hose after THEY get gas...is the first fuel into YOUR tank when you are paying for PREMIUM.

And the leftover PREMIUM in the hose after you get your gas... is the first fuel into THEIR tank, when they are only paying for REGULAR. :D:D

Just a random thought.... :D:D

Posted Image

About the gasoline... HOT FUEL and all that.....

I had a thought the other day....

The people that burn premium and fill up at a pump that only has one hose... get CHEATED almost everytime they get fuel.

The vast majority of cars are running regular.

The REGULAR fuel that is left in the hose after THEY get gas...is the first fuel into YOUR tank when you are paying for PREMIUM.

And the leftover PREMIUM in the hose after you get your gas... is the first fuel into THEIR tank, when they are only paying for REGULAR. :D:D

Just a random thought.... :D:D

LOL... Ive seen more and more people trying to drain all the gas out of the hose after filling up.

I just top off so I can get one more WOT before running out of gas! :D

Jonah

i lost the bidding on this car somebody bought it for 10900 i looked for another car but the more i look the better my concours looks go figure

The answer lies in OnStar! Keep in mind that I'm still not fully comfortable with it, I find it rather invasive. But it DOES have its advantages. Every e-mail that my car sends me has the actual vehicle mileage right on it, as well as tire pressures, etc. All of this detected and sent remotely. The advantages are pretty obvious, the "disadvantage" (quotes indicate that this may not REALLY be a disadvantage, except to those that would prefer to hide the truth) is that insurance companies, and owners, now have a means to verify actual miles driven, probably at what speed, and where the destination is........

Like I said, not FULLY comfortable. Remote shutdown/slowdown comes next year!

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

The answer lies in OnStar! Keep in mind that I'm still not fully comfortable with it, I find it rather invasive. But it DOES have its advantages. Every e-mail that my car sends me has the actual vehicle mileage right on it, as well as tire pressures, etc. All of this detected and sent remotely. The advantages are pretty obvious, the "disadvantage" (quotes indicate that this may not REALLY be a disadvantage, except to those that would prefer to hide the truth) is that insurance companies, and owners, now have a means to verify actual miles driven, probably at what speed, and where the destination is........

Like I said, not FULLY comfortable. Remote shutdown/slowdown comes next year!

I really like OnStar. I use it quite a bit. It is real handy but I still feel funny talking to my CAR. :D:D

Over two and a half years... and it is still strange to do that.

Yep, my e-mails from OnStar, have the mileage and stuff on it also but not all cars have it, as you know.

The way the goverment is constantly encroaching on our lives, they may someday not need many traffic cops. The GPS in your car will alert the nearest police dept that you are speeding, and they will just MAIL you a speeding ticket.

If you mean that ALL CARS "SHOULD" have OnStar? THAT I can agree with 100%.

But if what I have been told is true, (that the mileage is only stored in the cluster), then "IF" you didn't have OnStar, or just didn't subscribe to it, you could still change the cluster and rip somebody off.

But I agree, that would make it harder to do and easier to get CAUGHT. Which would be a GOOD THING. :D

Posted Image

What I really meant was that OnStar should have a complete record of the vehicle mileage, whether active or not, for certain model years of GM cars.

No, they don't SAY that they do, nor would it be a selling point (for OnStar) in most cases, but if you really dug into it, I think that any OnStar equipped vehicle will have a record of some kind buried in some database.

Though I'm sure that you are correct in the fact that ON THE VEHICLE, the only place that the odometer readings are stored is in the dash cluster, in the case of OnStar, it may also be stored somewhere else. Does anybody know which OnStar equipped vehicles report their odometer readings? This may only be possible with 2006 or newer vehicles.

In any event, I'd say this is one more reason to buy a GM car.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived