CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

So, is my week old Cadillac obsolete already?

JohnnyG

Well here we go again! Yes, I'm the same guy that bought the BetaCord Sony for $1000.00 many years ago, so why should things change anytime soon?

My new 2008 Cadillac DTS come with XM! How wonderful! It is really nice, no static, no fading, good programing, and fairly expensive. However, the Justice Department, completly wrong in the opinion I might add, has decided that the two services were NOT in competition! OH YEAH, like you can get internet radio while riding in your car! IDIOTS!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23781933/

But they are planning to make itercompatible radios sometime in the distant future. If they can ever make a buck with what they have now! Unfortunately, one won't be installed in my DTS.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Well here we go again! Yes, I'm the same guy that bought the BetaCord Sony for $1000.00 many years ago, so why should things change anytime soon?

I still have mine and a few tapes. :lol:

Posted Image

Of course..bought a Sony betamax.

Wait it out. Looks like BlueRay won the DVD one. Smarter, didn't sink some money in that war.

Some of us have XM..waiting too see.. new war. Or now, new country.

Funny story, went to the Nashville CMT awards tonight. Lot's of young, pretty girls in high heels..nudged my wife and mentioned..'your obsolete'...

Funny story, went to the Nashville CMT awards tonight. Lot's of young, pretty girls in high heels..nudged my wife and mentioned..'your obsolete'...

Logan,

THATS the way to get in BIG TROUBLE. :D

Posted Image

My new 2008 Cadillac DTS come with XM! How wonderful! It is really nice, no static, no fading, good programing, and fairly expensive.

JohnnyG,

I too love the XM.

But there is a cheaper way to get XM than the regular plan. It is sometimes possible to get it for $77 bucks a year. I learned about this JUST AFTER I renewed for three years.

If you are interested... let me know and I will get the info for you.

Posted Image

Yes, I still have a box of Beta tapes too, just can't seem to throw them out! Just stupid I guess.

Anyway, This, from the XM website, makes me feel a little better:

MERGER UPDATE

On March 24, XM announced that the Department of Justice (DOJ) had approved the proposed merger with SIRIUS. XM is pleased that after a thorough review, the DOJ agrees that the entertainment marketplace will remain highly competitive and robust after our merger.

With the DOJ's decision behind us, our next and final regulatory step will be a decision from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Soon after FCC approval is obtained, XM and Sirius would complete the merger.

The combination of our companies will lead to more choices and better pricing for our subscribers, and result in a stronger competitor in the rapidly evolving audio entertainment market.

As we have said, no XM radio will become obsolete as a result of the merger. We have millions of radios in use, including many that are factory-installed in automobiles. After the merger, our subscribers will not need another radio to continue to receive programming like they now enjoy. The XM platform will continue to offer a full complement of programming to our millions of subscribers.

We'll communicate directly to our subscribers once the FCC has rendered its decision.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Yes, I still have a box of Beta tapes too, just can't seem to throw them out! Just stupid I guess.

MERGER UPDATE

On March 24, XM announced that the Department of Justice (DOJ) had approved the proposed merger with SIRIUS. XM is pleased that after a thorough review, the DOJ agrees that the entertainment marketplace will remain highly competitive and robust after our merger.

With the DOJ's decision behind us, our next and final regulatory step will be a decision from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Soon after FCC approval is obtained, XM and Sirius would complete the merger.

The combination of our companies will lead to more choices and better pricing for our subscribers, and result in a stronger competitor in the rapidly evolving audio entertainment market.

As we have said, no XM radio will become obsolete as a result of the merger. We have millions of radios in use, including many that are factory-installed in automobiles. After the merger, our subscribers will not need another radio to continue to receive programming like they now enjoy. The XM platform will continue to offer a full complement of programming to our millions of subscribers.

We'll communicate directly to our subscribers once the FCC has rendered its decision.

I'm a Sirius subscriber, and I think I remember reading that you will still get anything you got before the merger, but you may have to get a new radio to get new programming, like listening to Sirius if you have an XM receiver.

I cannot stand regular radio anymore though, theres no comparison.

Jonah

My BetaMax went to the garbage dump a decade and a half ago. However, just last week at work, I put a perfectly functional broadcast U-Matic in the dumpster. What a shame!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

However, just last week at work, I put a perfectly functional broadcast U-Matic in the dumpster. What a shame!

Regards,

Warren

What is a broadcast U-Matic?

From your comment... it sounds like a nice piece of equipment.

Posted Image

MERGER UPDATE

I am glad that this will be resolved satisfactorily for XM subscribers.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

However, just last week at work, I put a perfectly functional broadcast U-Matic in the dumpster. What a shame!

Regards,

Warren

What is a broadcast U-Matic?

From your comment... it sounds like a nice piece of equipment.

Well, first of all, as you might have guessed, it's a broadcast quality VTR. They're still in rare use today where analog video is employed.

It used 3/4" tape in a cassette. There were both top loaders and front loaders, and for a few years they bridged the gap between 1" open reel decks and the famous Sony BetaCamSP 1/2" decks that ruled broadcast for nearly two decades.

e.g. see: <a href="http://www.broadcaststore.com/store/model_detail.cfm?id=5243" target="_blank">http://www.broadcaststore.com/store/model_detail.cfm?id=5243</a>

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived