CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New GM in the garage!

Well, the next Caddy may have to wait... When I saw and read about these I knew I just had to drive one! :hatsoff: The next thing I knew I was signing the papers! It is a super fun car to drive, and man is it fast! B)

It has a 2.0L turbocharged engine and of course I opted for the 5 speed trans... With 18" wheels and a sport tuned suspension the thing coners like it is on rails! It doesn't seem to be overly harsh on the bumps either. I am very comfortable on my 120 mi. round trip commute to/from work. And I am getting about 30.5 mpg.

As you can see by the photo, the wife and hound are very happy with the new ride also. Took it on a 350 mi. trip this weekend and it performed flawlessly. Really love that XM sattelite radio and Onstar navigation.

Decided to keep the Riviera and Tahoe, so I am back to a 4-car corral again!

post-190-1207010495_thumb.jpg

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Here is a rear 3/4 shot. Man, I love the color and the lines of this view especially.

Did I mention it has 260 hp and does 0-60 in 6.3 sec.? :yupi3ti:

post-190-1207011898_thumb.jpg

'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Here is one last picture of the interior. It seats are firm but quite comfotable and look great with the two tone color the SS logo. It is great to be able to fold down the back seats and front passenger seat for hauling long items. The leather wrapped steering wheel is a little smaller and has a nice soft, thick feel to it.

post-190-1207012511_thumb.jpg

Hey Congratulations and Good Luck, with the gas prices skyrocketing, this may have been a better choice at least until things straighten out (dollar, iraq and new sources)

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Hey, thanks guys! You know, this is my first ever new car... :rolleyes:

I guess I was always from the old school thought of not being the guy who takes the big hit on the depreciation. This is no Cadillac when it comes to ride, and I severely miss the roar of my Northstar, but it will keep me happy for a while I think. I am going to keep my eye out for a nice older Eldo or STS to replace the Riviera yet. No rush, but if the right one comes along it's mine! ;)

Hey Congratulations and Good Luck, with the gas prices skyrocketing, this may have been a better choice at least until things straighten out (dollar, iraq and new sources)

Yup, and premium is $3.52/gal here right now. Well... I gassed her up for the first time tonight. 480 miles on 15.6 gals. That is about 30.7mpg! Not bad for a lil' turbocharged chili-pepper that I am having a hard time keeping my foot out of! B) The onboard mileage calculator said 30.5 so that's pretty close.

I definitely see better mileage if I can keep it under 70 on the freeway though. I used to set my cruise at about 77 or so, but according to the instant MPG I get about 2-3 mpg better at 68 or so. That adds up on a 120 mi. a day commute!

I have to say, I get almost as many looks and compliments on Vicky (short for Victory Red) as I did with the Sprucegoose (my 93 Eldo). Two young ladies at the pump tonight could not get enough info on her. They wanted to drive it like, right now! :P It also has a real nice raspy exhaust note when you wind it up thru the gears also. I'll have to see if I can't take a video clip soon and post it...

Glad to hear you're happy with Vicky... I had a GF named Vicky once... She got some looks too! ;)

The commute must drag on at 68 compared to 77.

Keep us informed on her well-being.

Jonah

It's great to hear that GM can keep the CAFE up with vehicles that owner's can enjoy.

Saw this article; the writer agrees with your driving impressions.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived