CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Has every vehicle you've owned out-size the previous one?

apache13

Is it just me that my Cadillac fits nicely into a linear progressive line of growing vehicles? Has each vehicle you've ever owned out-sized the previous one?

1rst car -1989 Cavalier Z24

2nd car -1999 Dodge Avenger ES

3rd car -2000 Grand Prix GTP [R.I.P. thanks to a 16 yr old texting while slamming his hooptie into me at 20 MPH]

Current- 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Triumph TR6 (don't recall the year, car was a piece of crap anyway)

1965 Rambler Ambassador 990 - 4 door, hard top sedarn (larger than a Lincoln from the same year) (I even remember the serial number of the car, H311949) :lol:

1966 Chevelle Malibu 4 door sedan (Smaller than the Rambler but definitely more reliable)

1983 Chevrolet Celebrity 4 door sedan (Felt cramped inside but I actually miss that car)

1992 Cadillac Seville (feels smaller inside than the 83 Chevy, much less leg room. Has thus far been the least reliable of all the cars I've owned)

Hopefully next car I'll own: 20?? BMW MINI Cooper. Someday :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

My largest car is either a 1969 Chevrolet 9-passenger station wagon with 427 cid 400 hp engine, or a 1973 Caprice Estate 9-passenger with 454 cid. The 1973 model got half the gas mileage and had half the horsepower of the 1969 model, which I got after the 1973 model. Normally I try to keep under 4000 pounds because handling is the most important attribute of a daily driver to me. My current ETC is 3800 pounds curb weight.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I have pretty much been a big car guy my whole life having had a 66 and 68 caddy conv in college, with the exception of a 1991 Nissan 240SX that was a mistake. I am actually hoping to go smaller from a Deville to an STS.. I actually liked my 91 Seville's agility

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I have pretty much been a big car guy my whole life having had a 66 and 68 caddy conv in college, with the exception of a 1991 Nissan 240SX that was a mistake. I am actually hoping to go smaller from a Deville to an STS.. I actually liked my 91 Seville's agility

It helps that you're a very tall guy too Mike.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Mine have always been big full sized cars, but they are shrinking some. This '03 is small compared to the early 70's Caddies I had with hoods like the deck of an aircraft carrier.

It helps that you're a very tall guy too Mike.

I like to say, that if I was on the Knicks, I would be the little guy on the court...

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

First car was a 1976 camaro.

Then I had a few chevy pickups, and then an Eldorado. I traded that for a 1965 Mercury Monterey and that thing was a boat! The back window rolled down too, lol. Then I bought a chevy blazer but I am sticking with cadillacs from here on out.

mynewcaddych2.jpg

My cars have been huge to small. Still have my 68 ford LTD and 79 Caprice. Have the smallest......65 bug. I also had a 94 cavalier Z24, 87 camaro, 85 cimarron, 2000 Honda Accord...etc...etc. Right now...I have the biggest car I have ever had...my 91 Ford F-150 extended cab long bed. That this is sssssoooooo long!!!!!

2008 BMW 328xi

2007 Chrysler Aspen

2001 Cadillac Seville STS

2000 Ford Ranger XLT
1998 Mitsubishi Spyder Convertible

1996 Saturn SC-1
1991 Ford F-150
1979 Chevrolet Caprice
1968 Ford LTD
1965 VW Beetle "Herbie The Love Bug Replica**

1961 VW Beetle

Like all car crazy folks there is a long list of ownerships. Here is my short list down memory lane.

Smallest Car - 1981 Dodge Challenger with a 2.6L 4 banger (Mitsubishi made)

Largest Car - 1969 Chevy Townsman Wagon with 327

Largest Truck - 2001 Suburban 5.3L (Still in the stable)

Most Fun - 1998 Corvette Coupe (the garage Queen!)

Most Missed - 1971 Satellite Sebring Plus 383 slapstick727 Rallye Red, loaded including rim horn

But the best ride ever..................................1996 Eldorado ETC (My current daily driver)

Archived