CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Missing

kcd1184

Hello .

The Eldo has been running great except lately, when I punch it for passing, I am feeling a major miss. (misses) Tell me where to start.

Thanks

Kent

Hello .

The Eldo has been running great except lately, when I punch it for passing, I am feeling a major miss. (misses) Tell me where to start.

Thanks

Kent

Kent, check your ignition wires. Start your car in the pitch dark and rev the engine and look for arching. Then spritz the wires with a spray bottle filled with water and rev it. Check each plug for oil in the plug well. Check your ignition wire connections at the coils, mine were loose when I pulled the coils/wires recently and I needed to adjust the clips to make a more positive connection. Check your plugs for carbon tracking cracks along with the coils... Check for vacuum leaks

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Hello .

Thanks

Kent

Plugs (missing pads) and ignition wires.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I'd also look at fuel filter/delivery system. "Punching it" calls for a LOT of fuel, if your filter has never been changed, it would be worth a look. Same goes for FPR I suppose.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

also have someone check the wires in the dark with a load...or in gear brake against gas and see where the spark is jumping.

2008 BMW 328xi

2007 Chrysler Aspen

2001 Cadillac Seville STS

2000 Ford Ranger XLT
1998 Mitsubishi Spyder Convertible

1996 Saturn SC-1
1991 Ford F-150
1979 Chevrolet Caprice
1968 Ford LTD
1965 VW Beetle "Herbie The Love Bug Replica**

1961 VW Beetle

When I bought the Eldo at 90,000(155,000 now) the last owner said he had just replaced the plugs and wires, and I think he said 2 coils also. He was tracking down a miss also. Must have been one of the coils(thats what he did last.) I have never changed the fuel filter. I will start there and then see about the light show. Thanks. I'll let you know.

Kent

When you are behind the wheel and driving, a missfire can be very difficult to distinquish from a general power loss caused by fuel starvation. Technically, if a cylinder does not get it enough fuel, it will not fire. A small difference from the classic "lack of spark" missfire, but it feels pretty close to me.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived