CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Just bought a 2001 STS

Dave G

Hello, looks like this would be the place to share my new purchase. (for me at least) I just got my hands on a 2001 STS w/ 84k miles on it for $9k. Cant really complain about a deal like that. I am going to be picking her up tomorrow. Here are some pics, let me know what you think.

PS: anyone know the exact name of the color?

[attachmentid=3150]

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

post-5950-1174667613_thumb.jpg

I was looking at one EXACTLY like that, but it was 400 miles away so I got the closer one ;)

NICE RIDE!!

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

Very nice car, Dave.

Same interior colour as mine, its called Shale.

Welcome to the club ... I'm sure you'll rely upon it as an excellent

source of information in helping to keep your ride in tip top shape.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Very nice car, Dave.

Same interior colour as mine, its called Shale.

Welcome to the club ... I'm sure you'll rely upon it as an excellent

source of information in helping to keep your ride in tip top shape.

Shale/Moonstone...now that sounds cool. I have the shale too. It makes it seem larger than it actually is vs. the darker interiors.

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

Thanks for the fast replies. Its going to be a lot different than driving my 88 Lesabre T-type. I need to stop driving that car so I can fix things on it before they get worse. Yes its a really clean car. The only spots I can find end up being dirt on my monitor. :rolleyes: So now I just have to keep it that clean. I dont think that should be a problem tho since I am a car nut already.

Here is what I am driving now

IPB Image

That's a nice looking car! I like the tires and rims. :wub:

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

Nice car man, nice...... congrats. Sounds like a good deal, too...

I believe that exterior is moonstone. You could check the paint code to find out for sure. If you lift up the door in the floor of your trunk, your build sheet is on the underside of that board.... on the bottom it will say something like pn, and then possibly ul/ll, and then a paint code...

Now you're officially spoiled for live, you'll never settle for less.... :D

CONGRATS!!! I just bought my '01 Seville about a month ago to go along with my '92 Seville. Enjoy the new ride!!!!

2008 BMW 328xi

2007 Chrysler Aspen

2001 Cadillac Seville STS

2000 Ford Ranger XLT
1998 Mitsubishi Spyder Convertible

1996 Saturn SC-1
1991 Ford F-150
1979 Chevrolet Caprice
1968 Ford LTD
1965 VW Beetle "Herbie The Love Bug Replica**

1961 VW Beetle

Yeah I believe its moonbeam or moonstone, I'll get a better answer for you when I pour over what they call mine :)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The lightt really changes the look of the color, very nice paint. Some days I swear its gold, others it llooks more gray.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Nice deal. I'm still looking for one. That's this first I've seen that looks better than my '98. Hope I can find a steal like that. Same Color combo too! One Complaint. Why do the 2001-2004 cars have the different color steering wheel?!?!

I like this:

IPB Image

NOT THIS!!

IPB Image

IPB Image

intresting one matches the dash while the other matches the majority of the car, hmm

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

I don't know why GM did it this way, but you're right, they have two different wheels with the shale interior.

The light colour steering hub matches the lower half of the dash and doors.

On the darker colour steering hub, it matches the dash pad and upper trim on the doors, which is grey.

Both wheel colours work, they just match different vinyl surfaces in the interior.

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Another thing about that different wheel is that they move the cruise control to the bottom of it. I much prefer the stick on the side in my '98. I didn't have to move my hands to almost the 6 o'clock position to adjust the cruise. It's extremely "out of the way."

IPB Image

Ok got her in my hands now! Aside from the drivers heated seat not working everything seems to be in order. What a smooth car to drive too...

Also how do I know if I have the HIDs? So far my headlights dont seem all that bright so im thinking it wasnt ordered with them. Altho if thats the case I have a solution for that.

I know from my 02 brochure that the HID's were pkg'd with the 17" chrome rim option, so you likely have the halogen setup, as Ranger stated.

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

HIDs were optional in 2001 I believe. Both halogen and HID lights used similar projector beam lenses. I agree -- the stock halogen projectors aren't all that great. What is your solution? If upgrading to HID, I would recommend getting a stock light housing from a Seville with the HID option. Retrofitting HIDs into a non-HID housing can be dangerous (to oncoming traffic) and is illegal.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Well I was going to run the same overwattage bulbs I have run in my T-type but once I saw how close the plastic was I scratched that. I have run them for years on that car with no problems, but the stock wiring is thick and the lens is glass with lots of space inside. I am either going to get a harness and some HIR bulbs or try to find some HID bulbs at the junker. The latter would probably be the cheapest and best solution. Plus then I could sell my old lenses on E-bay.

HIR bulbs would work fine, with the slight mods to the bulb housing. Alternatively you can get better bulbs that will directly fit, like the GE Nighthawk or Philips Vision Plus. I have the GE bulbs in our Grand Caravan and the difference over stock was shocking. I plan to put either the GE or Philips bulbs in my STS eventually.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived