CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Don't do what I just did

Well...I'm mostly mad at myself. Coming home from work today I'm behind this chevy pickup going about 45-50mph. All of a sudden he swerves into the right lane for what seems no reason at all. Then, I see this white explorer stopped waiting to turn left. Since there is a car in the right lane next to me I have no choice but to slam my brakes on hard. Well, I stop fine. Only a few block up the street I'm speeding up to catch the green light. Now, at 60mph. It changes yellow. >:( Well, I can take this little side road to the left and bypass the light. (This light takes 5-7 minutes to change. Added with getting stopped by other lights ahead, this can add 15 minutes to my drive, NO LIE.) Well, I'm a little too far passed the left turn to do this. Well, at least now that I have OEM brakes back on the car. Added with the fact that I just slammed them on a second ago. I slam them on and turn. ABS goes nuts. The brake pedal goes to the floor. The car barely turns. And my right front eats the curb. Loud clunk. I knew right then that at least the rim was bent.

IPB Image

And the tire is screwed. That gash is deep, but not leaking. I took it to Sears and luckily I did buy the road hazard protection. I only gotta pay Half of the price for a new one. $74.00 :( Still, I have a bent rim, not a terrible bend but still.

I really didn't know how great my Cross Drilled/ Slotted rotors with those EBC Green pads were. They would've slowed the car down quick enough, even after that hard stop, to make that turn. I miss my old brakes :'( Hopefully I can get a single wheel replacement off ebay soon too.

IPB Image

Glad you didn't hurt yourself or anyone else. Sounds like some pretty aggressive driving to me. You're lucky if all you're punished with are a rim and tire. Do you drive like that because it's your style or because you're running late? I recently started leaving the house a little earlier and it's amazing how much more enjoyable the ride to work is now. I'm not hurried and I don't cures the light if it turns red or the pokey person in front of me.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Glad you didn't hurt yourself or anyone else. Sounds like some pretty aggressive driving to me. You're lucky if all you're punished with are a rim and tire. Do you drive like that because it's your style or because you're running late? I recently started leaving the house a little earlier and it's amazing how much more enjoyable the ride to work is now. I'm not hurried and I don't cures the light if it turns red or the pokey person in front of me.

I'm impatient when it comes to driving home. Traffic is bad enough. Then to sit at that light. GRRRR... I just need to stop and relax. I think tomorrow I'll take it easy. And probably from now on. I did tell myself how stupid I am once I pulled off the road to check the damage. :unsure:

IPB Image

I'm impatient when it comes to driving home. Traffic is bad enough. Then to sit at that light. GRRRR... I just need to stop and relax. I think tomorrow I'll take it easy. And probably from now on. I did tell myself how stupid I am once I pulled off the road to check the damage. :unsure:

At least you realize what you're doing or what you did and you can do something about it. Many people drive recklessly and never realize how much of a danger they are to others (ex. soccer moms with minivans). And that's scary. Glad you're okay.

I have a question for anyone reading this. Does listening to certain types of music influence the way you drive? I find that when I listen to hard rock, metal, rock, or anything with an aggressive beat I tend to drive more aggressively. And when I listen to jazz and classical music my driving is more relaxed and I keep proper distance. Anyone else?

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Here is Cardio-doc's EBAY store. He has been a caddyinfo member for a long time, I think he has an escalade. If you recall he sponsored a couple of name the caddy photo contests we had... Many of our members have bought wheels from him, contact him for your wheel:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcardioQ2ddoc

It looks like he has one for you also see it here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHROME-Cadi...1QQcmdZViewItem

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Here is Cardio-doc's EBAY store. He has been a caddyinfo member for a long time, I think he has an escalade. If you recall he sponsored a couple of name the caddy photo contests we had... Many of our members have bought wheels from him, contact him for your wheel:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcardioQ2ddoc

It looks like he has one for you also see it here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHROME-Cadi...1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks a million for those links. :)

IPB Image

Do buy a replacement wheel from Doc with confidence. The money stays in Florida :D

And while you are waiting for the wheel to arrive, do not drive on that bent wheel; drive on your spare. You would not believe the damage a bent wheel can inflict on other parts.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I have a question for anyone reading this. Does listening to certain types of music influence the way you drive? I find that when I listen to hard rock, metal, rock, or anything with an aggressive beat I tend to drive more aggressively. And when I listen to jazz and classical music my driving is more relaxed and I keep proper distance. Anyone else?

Yep, I have noticed that about myself. Try to watch it. Also, if I am driving in Dallas traffic, I catch myself getting more aggresive than when I am driving in Ft. Worth, Prople in Ft. Worth seem to be a little more laid back than Dallas and most peoples driving reflect that. Including mine. :)

Posted Image

At least you realize what you're doing or what you did and you can do something about it. Many people drive recklessly and never realize how much of a danger they are to others (ex. soccer moms with minivans). And that's scary. Glad you're okay.

Yes, I do notice that the most agressive drivers tend to be the soccer moms in the minivans/SUV's. You'd think with all the kids in the back they'd drive a little safer. I guess they have a false sense of security driving those land barges. (except when going around corners) You have to be patient on the road, and theres a lot of bad drivers out there.

Theres knowing your driving like a maniac and controlling yourself, then theirs those that drive like maniacs and have no idea what their doing.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

I don't see a difference in so much as music but, if I'm listening to a talk radio show listening to some wacko ways to solve all the worlds problems then sometimes my blood pressure will climb. But, I catch myself, change the station or play Cumbayah a couple of times and then all is good!

Really though, there are some real lemmons out there ... so be careful!

Jim

Well rim came today. Went to sears. They got me the tire at 50% off with the Road Hazard program. Toe was messed up on the right front. So an alignment was done. Along with a balance. Altogether, $127. Pay the guys and head out the door. I decide to take a look at the new rims and tire. Rim is perfect. Looks like a new one!!! Thanks for the link Cardio-Doc guys!! As for the tire. I notice that the edge design is slightly different? What's this? A "T" rated tire?? Instead of an "H" rated one like the rest of the tires I had!! I really don't think anyone at sears noticed this at all. I don't have enough time before work to do anything. And I don't feel like waiting for them to order another. Or bring my car back there again. At least everything feels good now. And, next time, no Traction T/A's. I'm not pleased with these tires at all.

IPB Image

Hey guys~

Just want to stop in and say THANKS for the kind words and referral of business, I appreciate it! I'm sorry I don't check in here more often but this business is a 24 hours, 7-day a week gig these days. This Sunday is the first one I'm taking 'off' in about 6 months. Going to be moving to a bigger location and hiring two people so I guess this is a 'real' business now. But my shipping has unfortunately been running 2 days behind payments lately. Nevertheless, when Luis said CADDYINFO (plus explained his particular situation), his order went straight to the top! He purchased and paid via PayPal on Monday Jan 15, 2007

at 12:47:09 EST. The order was immediately cut and the UPS shipping label was produced the same day at 13:59 EST - just over one hour after he'd made his PayPal payment. Rim shipped the same day EXPEDITED. It would have been delivered to him less than 48 hours after he'd sent payment but nobody was home to sign for it. You can see the records at

http://wwwapps.ups.com/etracking/tracking....V68200393112527

I really try, but ESPECIALLY for the CaddyInfo guys! I don't forget where I came from!

Again, thanks all for the kind words and referrals. Happy and safe trading to all on eBay.

~Doc

post-148-1169206612.jpg

Archived