CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Does the 98+ seville really look better than the 92/3-97?

The Fred

I personally like the look of the 92-97 better than my 98!

I also like the 92-97 100% more than the 2002 and up!

There is just something about the PLASTIC generation that turns me off!

Big Jay :ph34r:

Life is too short to grow up!

This is an easy answer. 92-97 generation all the way! :)

Of course, a totally subjective...subject. But yes, 92-97 does in fact look better. ;)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

After owning a few examples of both series, I have to agree with the consensus that the 92-97 looks best ...muscular.

However, the 98+ interiors are far nicer, more integrated materials

and controls. The previous interiors are starting to look a bit dated in

terms of switchgear ... door handles, window switches, signal switches

all look like generic gm parts. The newer interiors look far richer.

All subjective, of course.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Put my vote down as a split decision.

IMO the 92-97 has a better looking nose but the 98-04 has a better looking rump.

I guess it comes down to whether or not you're a butt guy.

One thing that is a given.. all of these cars 92-04 ALL look better then the new knife edge stuff currently being produced.... Though the STS-V is starting to grow on me.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

IMO the 92-97 has a better looking nose but the 98-04 has a better looking rump.

One thing that is a given.. all of these cars 92-04 ALL look better then the new knife edge stuff currently being produced.... Though the STS-V is starting to grow on me.

Wow, I know this is all subjective, but "a given" - are there really that many people who dislike the new look that caddy is going with? I actually was attracted to a newer one for the sharp edges, I've always liked sharp edges on cars vs. rounded, soft edges, but again, That's just me. Do most people dislike the new look (2003 & up)?

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I do like both 92 - 97 and 98 - 04 and can't really decide which one looks better. But I do not like the newer body styles. But that's all personal...

OTOH, over here I see another Cadillac once a month or so, I've only seen one '06 STS ever on the road, and one '07 BLS. About a year ago I saw a CLS. If I see a Cadillac, it's usually a 98 - 04.

So the newer ones have no chance to grow on me.

Regarding the 05 and newer cars... Sorry about the "given" comment... you are right this is a subjective thing....

Though if you search the archives you will find that this was discussed in the past and at that time opinion was about 10-1 that GM "goofed" making the '05 STS look like a '04 CTS...

The 92-97 look was a "got to have it" design, based a lot on the Pininfarina designed Allante... The 98-04 look became a "nice, but not sure if its any better" design. And the >05 look says "I'm trying a little too hard to be different".

Under the skin though...the 05 and newer STSs are amazing cars...

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

And the >05 look says "I'm trying a little too hard to be different".

Or perhaps "I'm trying a little too hard to be German"? But as an earlier poster said, the STS-V is growing on me.

Folks,

I certainly agree with the comment reagrding a new interior in an "older body", sounds like most of us huh?

I for one would love to have GM remake the '57 Belair with all the latest trick hardware inside and underneath.

It seems that certain styles are "Classics" and bound to return, no matter if cars, clothes or whatever has style to begin with. All I need to think is this; I met my wife when minishirts were the rage and to me - that hankerchief-sized outfit and a body made for it . . . said it all... :blink:

And yes the early Sevilles are certainly classics, but I'll go for a knife-edged STS-V with no problems.

All IMHO :)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

I agree with you and and I definately prefer the 98-04 interiors over the 92-97 models.

Jim

. . . . are there really that many people who dislike the new look that caddy is going with? I actually was attracted to a newer one for the sharp edges, I've always liked sharp edges on cars vs. rounded, soft edges, but again, That's just me. Do most people dislike the new look (2003 & up)?

I like that angular look.

I'm really sick of the ubiquitous "jelly bean" look sported by so many cars out there.

And don't get me started on chromed tail lense housings. Tonka Toys!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Folks,

I certainly agree with the comment reagrding a new interior in an "older body", sounds like most of us huh?

I for one would love to have GM remake the '57 Belair with all the latest trick hardware inside and underneath.

It seems that certain styles are "Classics" and bound to return, no matter if cars, clothes or whatever has style to begin with. All I need to think is this; I met my wife when minishirts were the rage and to me - that hankerchief-sized outfit and a body made for it . . . said it all... :blink:

And yes the early Sevilles are certainly classics, but I'll go for a knife-edged STS-V with no problems.

All IMHO :)

They're doing that now,

Making old style muscle car bodied autos with all of the new tech B)

. . . . are there really that many people who dislike the new look that caddy is going with? I actually was attracted to a newer one for the sharp edges, I've always liked sharp edges on cars vs. rounded, soft edges, but again, That's just me. Do most people dislike the new look (2003 & up)?

I like that angular look.

I'm really sick of the ubiquitous "jelly bean" look sported by so many cars out there.

And don't get me started on chromed tail lense housings. Tonka Toys!

Regards,

Warren

What about this ridiculous altezzo* lights :lol:

*Too ridiculous to be spelled properly

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Wow, I know this is all subjective, but "a given" - are there really that many people who dislike the new look that caddy is going with? I actually was attracted to a newer one for the sharp edges, I've always liked sharp edges on cars vs. rounded, soft edges, but again, That's just me. Do most people dislike the new look (2003 & up)?

I don't really care for the new look. It's too chiseled to me. Like the interior of the first generation Ford Focus. To many hard edges, angles, etc. The 00-05 DeVille is about as much of the "new" look as I can personally take. The 98-04 Seville was still styled in the eye of its earlier generation, and looks good to me. I don't care much at all for the new STS. The XLR looks very proportionate to me, and the looks flatter its performance. But as for the rest of the line, I'm not bought into it -- at least not yet.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I am going to have to go w/ the opinion that I love the 98-04' Interiors and don't much care weather it's either the earlier or these body types I love the look of both myself(although not such a fan of the 05 an up body styles. When I am driving all I see is the interior and the hood. I have been an auto technician for 13 years and while taking test drives (for me NE ways) the 98-04's were the most comfortable and easiest to get around to all the functions (wipers, turn signals ect ect) that you have to find on a spur of the moment. I was totally stoaked last week when I acted on the opentunity to buy an 00' STS for $3200 and retire the 94 Park Ave Ultra.

I sure would like to have the 92-97 exterior with the 98-04 interior...that would be the perfect Seville for me!

Charles

I'll also take the 92-97 exterior with the 98-04 interior and I'll add the '06 STS-V powertrain......

Yea I tell you what I have the STS on the street right now and when I was coming down the roadway I couldn't help but notice what a gorgeous car the 94 STS really is

Darn the luck that I can't seem to fix mine

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Archived