CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

racing ?

Yes,

I was on my way into town when these peoples in their Chevy Aveo was trying to give me a run ? Im not certain what they were thinking but of course I won !!! I was in total shock over it. Why would you try to race a car with a v8 with a tiny Engine: 1.6L E-TEC II DOHC four-cylinder Five speed .. hmmmm well after looking at the Chevy site I dont see anything about them offering this little car in a automatic ?

Michael -

Yes,

I was on my way into town when these peoples in their Chevy Aveo was trying to give me a run ? Im not certain what they were thinking but of course I won !!! I was in total shock over it. Why would you try to race a car with a v8 with a tiny Engine: 1.6L E-TEC II DOHC four-cylinder Five speed .. hmmmm well after looking at the Chevy site I dont see anything about them offering this little car in a automatic ?

Michael -

Michael,

They were probably just looking to blow off some old geezer in his old slow Cadillac. :P

You DID show them the error of that line of thought, didn't you? :rolleyes:

Britt

Britt

[You DID show them the error of that line of thought, didn't you? :rolleyes:

These sort of people need regular spankings!

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

Most people don't know that modern Cadillacs are relatively QUICK for their size and "blingness" (understated). Going fast with class is what I say.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I am amazed at the number of people I run across that still think Cadillacs get 1970's fuel economy...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Yes,

Michael -

Michael,

They were probably just looking to blow off some old geezer in his old slow Cadillac. :P

You DID show them the error of that line of thought, didn't you? :rolleyes:

Britt

I am amazed at the number of people I run across that still think Cadillacs get 1970's fuel economy...

Yeah,

Its shocking to see how behinde times some are on what a Cadillac is. There mostly a sports car now more than ever. I can Recall racing a Mustang Corbra with my 94 Roadmaster . I did win!!!

Michael-

People don't believe me when I say I get 20/30 with my SLS. "From a Cadillac?!" they say. Yes, one with a 275 hp V8 engine. "Wow!"

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

People don't believe me when I say I get 20/30 with my SLS. "From a Cadillac?!" they say. Yes, one with a 275 hp V8 engine. "Wow!"

When I tell people that my 94 SLS gets 24/28 on the highway, and better economy at 70 than 55, they think that I am just blowing smoke! <_<

What they can't deny is that the old SLS is QUICK!

:D

Britt

Britt

Just finished a 3500 mile road trip in my '06 DTS Performanve Sedan. From N Texas to the east coast then back to NW Virginia and a couple of hundred miles doen the Blue Ridge Parkway. Was a lot of fun.

On the way to S. Carolina, on !20, I had been following an Acura TSX at a pretty good clip. A guy in a BMW 3 series pulled out between us and was not going NEAR as fast as the girls in the TSX.

Got a clear space.. pulled over to ease around him, he was only going about 70.. he looked around .. saw the old gray headed guy in the Caddy.. and took off. At about 120 as I had already cleared him, he threw up his hans, smiled and backed off.

But he sure had a funny look on his face as the Caddy passed him and there wasn't anything he could DO about it.

postamble();

Posted Image

had someone in the old body style, fully loaded, Chrysler 300 giving everyone a run when they got cought next to him at the red light....showed him that not all sedans are created equal.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Ditto Kevin, I constantly get comments about why are you driving that gas guzzler, when I walk them over and show them my average miles per gallon they are stunned... :lol:

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived