CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

It finally happened

KG6PSK

:D Greetings from Sunny San Diego.

For the last few months I have been planning on getting my STS, and the financial gods have finally smiled upon me. On Sunday I went to Young Cadillac in Escondido and picked up an '02. Price and condition checked out OK, certified pre-owned.

This car does amazing things. Now that I've had a little time to enjoy this new toy of mine, I can truly say that this is the best car I have ever owned. The Northstar V8 is just plain incredible. It does things that a car of it's size just shouldn't be able to do. Just an hour ago, there was a poor little bastard in a lowered Honda Civic with a coffee-can sized exhaust who found this out the hard way... :P

Thanks for all the information and hints that you've left on this board. If it wasn't for this site, I would not have been able to make an informed decision about how to choose my STS. I look forward to learning from you all, and sharing my experiences as well.

Mark

post-2022-1139903809.jpg

Congratulations on finding the "right" one. The STS is as nice a car as GM could make. Any details on options on your 02?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Hey Congratulations! I can hear in your message how excited you are! You have confirmed why I am buying an STS asap.

Good Luck with it, Mike

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Congrats. Your gonna love it. Great to hear you put the rice burner in his place.

You seemed to indicate that you have been hear for a while so I assume you are well versed in WOT, oil consumption and cooling system maintenance?

Congratulations on finding the "right" one. The STS is as nice a car as GM could make. Any details on options on your 02?

I've got to check my showroom brochure but from memory there were only 5 options for the STS in '02

1) Nav System.. about 1 in 3 had this

2) Sun roof... most came this way

3) W rated tires (non speed limited B) )... Not sure how many came this way...

4) Built in analogue cell phone... Very rare and totally useless (now)

5) Chrome 17" wheels...

Pretty much every thing else... except the color was standard

CONGRATES! Very nice ride!

I don't see a roof... You'll never miss it... and one less thing to leak!

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Pretty much every thing else... except the color was standard

The only other possibility you may have left out was the "fake" convertable roof. I'm not sure where the HIDS would be but probably with the "W" rated tires (sports option ?).

Mine (01) also has that antique (phone) in it.

Jim

Archived