CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cad has abandon me

Big Jay

Well my '96 STS is getting up there in milage and is out of warrenty. I have been looking for a future replacement. Don't want the front drive anymore. Looking for a good looking four door sedan rear wheel drive with some steam.

Caddy has apparently been whipped with an ugly stick. The CTS is got to be the ugliest car to come out of detroit. They can't put enough horsepower in that thing to make me want to drive one. Then I saw the new STS. Same ugly car.

The STSs thru '97 were some of the best looking cars ever produced. I still have people come up to me in gas stations, parking lots, and coment on my pearl red STS and ask what kind of car it is. They are really amazed to find out it is eight years old. They think it is something new.

Caddy really had it together in the looks department with this car. All they needed to do was make a rear driver out of it, and slightly tweak the looks.

Instead, they have lost their minds. What a bunch of ugly stuff in the pipeline.

So I was at a loss as to what to replace it with when it starts to give me problems. Then yesterday I got the new Autoweek in the mail, and there on the cover is the new Chrysler 300C Hemi just boiling the rear tires off. Chrysler has hit a home run. The cover caption states: "Driving an American sedan is cool again"

Check that car out. It really is the new STS.

Jay

Well, Jay, I agree. But, I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought that way.

When I first saw the CTS, I thought it looked like some science fiction armored car (that is not a compliment, either). I kept telling my wife how excited I was in anticipation to see the new STS's. (I own a black '97 STS). Then I saw one...... WHAT?!?!?

Disappointed was an understatement. I wouldn't buy one.

Anyway, hope not to insult anyone. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I've just given my own opinion.

Chrysler 300c ... well, I don't care for it. But it looks better than the new Caddys.

Well you could wait for 2005 and get a new RWD STS, or pick up what you call "The CTS is got to be the ugliest car to come out of detroit. They can't put enough horsepower in that thing to make me want to drive one. "

CTS-V and wipe everyone else on the road...off. But hey I still like Caddys. :D

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Well my '96 STS is getting up there in milage and is out of warrenty. I have been looking for a future replacement. Don't want the front drive anymore. Looking for a good looking four door sedan rear wheel drive with some steam.

Caddy has apparently been whipped with an ugly stick. The CTS is got to be the ugliest car to come out of detroit. They can't put enough horsepower in that thing to make me want to drive one. Then I saw the new STS. Same ugly car.

The STSs thru '97 were some of the best looking cars ever produced. I still have people come up to me in gas stations, parking lots, and coment on my pearl red STS and ask what kind of car it is. They are really amazed to find out it is eight years old. They think it is something new.

Caddy really had it together in the looks department with this car. All they needed to do was make a rear driver out of it, and slightly tweak the looks.

Instead, they have lost their minds. What a bunch of ugly stuff in the pipeline.

So I was at a loss as to what to replace it with when it starts to give me problems. Then yesterday I got the new Autoweek in the mail, and there on the cover is the new Chrysler 300C Hemi just boiling the rear tires off. Chrysler has hit a home run. The cover caption states: "Driving an American sedan is cool again"

Jay

people aways think my 12 year-old eldorado is new. When I first got everyone was like "how did a 20 year old afford that thing" their jaws always drop when I tell them it's a 92 model

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

" Chrysler has hit a home run. The cover caption states: "Driving an American sedan is cool again"

Check that car out. It really is the new STS."

Jay

Well Jay...there should be a Chrysler forum out there somewhere for you...

In fact..there you go. Knock yourself out.

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showforum=29

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Good luck; hope it works out for you. I prefer the looks of the CTS over the Chrysler, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Hopefully the new STS will come in lighter than that, and won't have THAT grill. But in profile it looks similar to an STS. Remains to be seen after the STS arrives how they compare otherwise.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Chrysler hasn't built a decent looking car since the 1965 Imperial, I think the CTS

is one of the best looking cars Cadillac has built since the 1990's

Jay

The CTS is produced in Lansing, Michigan....Even if you don't care for it's looks, it is selling very well.

If you do buy a Chrysler, I would definitely recommend an extended warranty....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I like the new Cadillac look. It's distinctive, and classy - not just another "me, too" like so many new cars.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

As a P.S. to my post above:

Harley Earl was the driving force behind the finny, chromed, curvacous look of the 50's and 60's. I'm just curious who is driving Cadillac's new faceted look?

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

It can't be one single person, too many screw ups! This has to be a group effort. The group, building on the wild acceptance of the CTS "Arts & Science" theme, which was UNDOUBTOUBLY based on the wild acceptance of the Aztec, was given the task of redisigning the STS.......and nobody had the nerve to tell them it was UGLY!

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Well I suppose I might as well chime in.

I have seen a number of CTS's around lately and have tried to keep an open mind on the shape.

Sorry I think they did a poor job on the looks. They look "squeezed" and "cartoonish". They may run just fine but you still have to look at them.

I think the 93 - 2003 STS' were/are beautiful cars that show Cadillac in a very positive manner, classy and powerful.

Design changes are inevitable and usually good, but I sure hope the go back to the drawing board on the STS.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

I'll chime in too. I really love the CTS overall. The statement was made here or in another thread how the vertical taillights harks back to "traditional" Cadillac and I think it works well -- especially how they "curl" up and over the top of the decklid line. I'm not quite as excited about the interior (looks Saabish to me), but that certainly wouldn't be a deal breaker. The biggest thing I don't like about them is actually four things -- the wheels...more specifically...their size. I understand they're similar in diameter to those of our Sevilles, but they still just look so SMALL. I think some nice thick 60 series tires would go great in there, and really "thicken" up the look. I think the wheel well arches could be a bit larger too -- to allow some more room for larger meats.

I think the powerplants are great, and I'm excited to see Caddy produce a car for 30 grand that will best or equal the performance of the 1990s Sevilles and Eldorados.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I can only find that one picture that Caddy released of the 2005 STS. I keep hoping that it will look better "in the metal". Right now, my reaction is -

Disappointed.

I would look at a Pontiac Bonneville GXP, 275HP Northstar power train, they have all the Cadillac Technolgy. Before I would consider a Chrysler.

post-3-1078539108.jpg

Archived