CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New & old kills thread

Cadillac STS

well on the drive home tonight a late 90s maxima w/ the works(riced)... first time i saw a car with neons on the bottom .. usually see that in movies... anyway pulls up next to me at light...now my car is pretty much stock and all i have done cosmetic wise was tint and removal of the chrome stripping. car looks black at night and does look dadass when dark…I look at him through my window and he’s blastin’ his music to an obviously crappy sound system and i chuckle a bit..im 16 and i chucled :P so light turns green and i casually step on it and turn onto the far left lane (4 lane city street). I come to another complete stop at a light and he comes up beside me now on the right lane that i had just been in. i check for cops or any other cars around us and it was just us two(past 12am) so light turns green and that point i didn't know for sure if he wanted to run..so i leave my foot on the brakes for an extra second to see if he would peel out or anything to " Initiate the race " he doesnt so i trail him and catch the guy at around 35mph and his window was still down.. :D I LOVE THIS PART.... I mash the pedal and i my engine just rips this amazing tone out from the rear and i could already imagine the guys facial expression at that point B)

For some reason the engine makes louder sounds out of the rear when outside temp is cooler ?!

sorry back on track: I climbed to 80 so fast i didn't even notice it honestly!

so i shut it down real quick and to my suprise the guy catches up and was pulling in fast! he catches me off gaurd but i hit mash it once again and pull away before he could even pass me..I dont need to say what happeend next...i shut down at quickly after pulling a good 3-5 cars on him at about 95mph also missing my turn by about a mile <_< ...ricer fly by of course but instead of the finger he gives the thumbs up :)

was fun...still can't believe how hard the my STS pulled from 40mph..

Heres a trick i usually do time to time....

I drive the family truck to school once in a while not driving my car as long as i can....heres why...when i finally do drive my STS its so much more rewarding! IMO its addiciting, the longer you wait the more you crave it... idunno my parents think im crazy...anyway i should get some sleep..im working tomorrow...

LETS HERE YOUR KILLS NOW!

Oh and please no flaming...i know streetracing is wrong and dangerous yada yada something something this that .....just dont delete this thread PLEASE...i think its fun sharing stories like these... other caddie forums are doing it :(

Is it wrong to race your car up to the speed limit when traffic is minimal or non-existant? No

Is it wrong to race someone else to the speed limit when traffic is minimal or non-existant? No

Is is wrong to race your car up to merging speed in very harried traffic in a major metropolitan interstate bypass system? No, in fact, the more power you have to merge with the flow of traffic, the SAFER you are able to negotiate.

The more power you have at your disposal, whether it be accelerating (engine power), decelerating (brake power), turning (tire grip and suspension ability), or whatever, the better and more controlled you are able to drive and stay safe in your car.

Driving is probably one of the most dangerous things that any one of us does, and we usually do it day to day. Do we stop driving because it is dangerous? No. Do we stop living because there are risks associated with it? No.

That being said, here is a sad story about racing: ATTN: THIS PART IS WORTH READING!

I was sitting in the middle of a divided highway, with two lanes going eastbound, and two lanes going westbound. I was waiting to turn into a clothiers store to buy a tie for an appearance at a friends wedding. I was ready to turn accross traffic from the median, when all of the sudden, two black cars BLOW by me from behind. My car was shakin' back and forth from the wind turbulence that these two vehicles created.

Anyway, this area was extremely crowded, and VERY unsafe for any high speed high jinx. The speed limit was 40, and I estimate their speed to be about 100mph. The first car that blew by me was a late '90's mustang GT. It sounded very good, like they typically do. Following closely behind him, was a full size GMC pickup truck, maybe early '90's model. He had to have glass packs on it because it sounded terrible. But he was keeping right on the GTs' rear, and making a huge sound spectacle for the entire area to hear (remember now, this is a divided highway running through a major business area for the city). The GT was in the left lane, and the truck was following behind in the left lane too, but after they passed me, for some reason, a little ways down the road, the truck changed lanes, moving over into the right lane.

I speculate that the truck moved into the right lane and then saw someone trying to enter the road, (I was looking at the whole incident as it unfolded, but I couldn't see ahead of the truck) but anyway, before he merged over to the right lane fully, he jerked the steering wheel back to the left, and instantly was sliding down the highway at about a forty five degree angle. Smoke blew off of the tires instantly, but not too much to see what happened next.

Next, after sliding for about a hundred feet down the highway at a forty five degree angle, his tires caught traction once again, but he was still angled...

He shot over into the median, which was a five foot deep or so ditch, --at full speed. His truck VIOLENTLY went down into the ditch and then back up the other side, and then his truck caught HUGE air. He flew up into the air into the oncoming traffic (rush hour traffic, 5:30PM) and a Honda SUV (maybe a passport, green in color) travelling about 45-50mph, which hit the bed of his truck, causing his truck to do a complete three hundred and sixty degree spin in the air before it crashed into the ditch on the other side of the road. I turned back onto the road and drove down a little ways to survey the scene, and provide help if necessary.

When he finally landed, the bed of his truck, along with the framework attached, was standing straight up, ripped up sideways from the passenger side. The Honda was stopped dead in the road, front end obliterated, air bag deployed, and no movement from the driver, who appeared to be alone. The driver of the GMC was hunched over the steering wheel, and motionless. Judging by the impact of hitting the ditch and jumping out of it, combined with getting hit by the Honda, and then hitting the ground again, I would guess that he broke his neck, and was dead.

A policeman was in a shopping center parking lot not more than 500ft from this event, and emergency vehicles were on scene in less than 2 minutes, -it seemed like. The GT was off into the horizon, probably ignorant of the magnitude of the crash, but likely saw the event partially from his rear view.

The whole event was so amazingly loud, that everyone must have seen it, first the glasspack exhaust drew the eyes and ears, then the squeeling of his tires, indicating loss of control, and then smashing into the ditch, jumping up and out, getting hit by oncoming traffic, and then coming to rest finally on the ground.

Hollywood could not have coreographed a more spectacular crash scene than this. I was in shock for the whole day after, and in utter disbelief at what I had witnessed.

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

Deceased: <'68 Mustang 200+k>, <'86 GMC S-10 180+k>, <'86 VW GTI 180+k>, <'86 Seville 195+k>, <'93 Seville 175+k>

user posted image

Not to ruffle feathers, but just to throw out another opinion on the topic.

Do I have a problem with street racing, no, do I have a problem with the intellectual level of 90% of the people who street race, yes.

Personally, I drive around 75~80k miles per year, and have taken several defensive and race driving courses. As the story above says (and unfortuantly from personal experiences) the facts are true.

My 93 seville is the lowest powered and slowest car I own (at 200hp, 285ft/lbs), but will still tear up its fair share of pavement. There is nothing I enjoy more than driving fast, and teaching someone who thinks they know how to drive how it is really done....but there is one key to remember; things break and they can go wrong, and when they do on the street you are very much left in the hands of fate. On the track you can encounter situations you must just ride out and slide into a field...on the street, this could equate into sliding into someone front yard. I will openly admit, there are lots of times where I will hammer the hell out of someone while merging or getting on the freeway, or even pulling away from a light. The adventure in street racing is the unknown opponent, and the part to remember is you and he may be willing to take the fall for your actions (as I too often am), but make sure you consider everyone around you, and this includes those you dont see. When you, or the other guys loses control, slides threw someones front yard, and ends up parked in someones bedroom...then what?

Now, all that aside, the other night on a rural stretch of highway, i was crusing at about 60 when a dodge dakota RT came up from behind...he didn't want to pass, he just sat there chugging my tail....1/4 mile visability in all directions, nice flat road...we will leave it with yes, the limiter does kick in about 115, but it will cruise there nicely :)

Hey,

Speaking of Dakota R/T's, I was in my '93 Seville 4.9L, and I noticed his sticker said "5.9L R/T". (notice I said sticker, and not badge...)

We pulled away from the stop light that allows access to the interstate, and I could tell he was flooring it, and so I did too, and barely pulled away from him. If his suv wasn't so big and heavy, he would've won, but I beat him by about a carlength to 60.

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

Deceased: <'68 Mustang 200+k>, <'86 GMC S-10 180+k>, <'86 VW GTI 180+k>, <'86 Seville 195+k>, <'93 Seville 175+k>

user posted image

About a week ago here in New Jersey we lost 4 teens **again** due to racing in the streets. When are people going to learn that it's easier and safer to take it to a race track and race until they blow their engine or trans or their ego. :angry:

I hate it when people die needlessly and street racing is certainly a needless way to die. :(

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

About a week ago here in New Jersey we lost 4 teens **again** due to racing in the streets.  When are people going to learn that it's easier and safer to take it to a race track and race until they blow their engine or trans or their ego.  :angry:

I hate it when people die needlessly and street racing is certainly a needless way to die.   :(

I don't look for races...i don't "street race" street race..if you know what i mean...I NEVER CHALLENGE anyone in broad day light nor do i when many cars are around...it was the perfect time and the place to do what i did! ( almost 1am and no cars around at all :angry: )

The only thing i had to worry about was me not crashing into some ditch or getting a ticket.....

quit lecturing me....its simple..if you have any interesting or fun storys you would like to post then fine....

dont lead this thread in the wrong direction! :D:D:D

thanks in advance

I find it humorous that after I flip off the AC, disable the traction control,

put the transmission into sport mode, and launch, usually the G35 or

bmw or whatever is still trying to figure out what kind of car the CTS is,

and whether it might be a CTS-V B)

Good to be safe in the street.

When I can safely do so, I always am glad to accelerate more quickly, corner faster, or outrun the brand X car in the next lane though.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I find it humorous that after I flip off the AC, disable the traction control,

put the transmission into sport mode, and launch, usually the G35 or

bmw or whatever is still trying to figure out what kind of car the CTS is,

and whether it might be a CTS-V B)

Good to be safe in the street.

When I can safely do so, I always am glad to accelerate more quickly, corner faster, or outrun the brand X car in the next lane though.

Exactly! At least you understand ;)

Well, I knew I'd sucked into this thread sooner or later.

Even with all the thoughtful insight against street racing and other hazardous behavior.

Sorry - these cars LIKE IT !

The preceeding exposes semm like relatively short encounters. How about a sprited drive from East of Sacremento over the mountains to Reno in a little over an hour or so? Beautiful scenery, but somewhat hard to admire at speed.

The white 4-door Mercedes with a cutie tail-thing was several years newer and I never did see the driver when he or she first passed. Now, I like a good pace car and usuallly stay about 10-20 lengths behind just to be polite. However, the 3-pointed Hun-mobile was determined to lose me (out of disrespect for a Caddy I figured).

Oh well, the spouse-cop wasn't in the car (just the weiner dog gett'in pissed about sliding around the seat). As I recall, my rational went something like, I haven't been picked up for nearly 30-years, I can afford it, try to lose this one Heinrick...

A very fun (and un-ecnomical) drive for perhaps 50-miles studying his moves. Knowing the "track" - I decided to blow past at well into 3-digets near the top of Donner lake on the "slow" lane of an left-hand corner (read: steep drop on mountainside). Immediately moved over to the outside-fast lane of the right-hand sweep leading to a nice, long drop. Hang on tires and hold off limiter for the next few miles.

Never any flashing lights or single-fingered salutes, didn't bother anyone else too much (or too long for sure). He or she finally did get close, but never past - in the next 50-miles or so.

The weiner dog is still wondering what the hell happen that trip...

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Well, I knew I'd sucked into this thread sooner or later.

Even with all the thoughtful insight against street racing and other hazardous behavior.

Sorry - these cars LIKE IT !

The preceeding exposes semm like relatively short encounters. How about a sprited drive from East of Sacremento over the mountains to Reno in a little over an hour or so? Beautiful scenery, but somewhat hard to admire at speed.

The white 4-door Mercedes with a cutie tail-thing was several years newer and I never did see the driver when he or she first passed. Now, I like a good pace car and usuallly stay about 10-20 lengths behind just to be polite. However, the 3-pointed Hun-mobile was determined to lose me (out of disrespect for a Caddy I figured).

Oh well, the spouse-cop wasn't in the car (just the weiner dog gett'in pissed about sliding around the seat). As I recall, my rational went something like, I haven't been picked up for nearly 30-years, I can afford it, try to lose this one Heinrick...

A very fun (and un-ecnomical) drive for perhaps 50-miles studying his moves. Knowing the "track" - I decided to blow past at well into 3-digets near the top of Donner lake on the "slow" lane of an left-hand corner (read: steep drop on mountainside). Immediately moved over to the outside-fast lane of the right-hand sweep leading to a nice, long drop. Hang on tires and hold off limiter for the next few miles.

Never any flashing lights or single-fingered salutes, didn't bother anyone else too much (or too long for sure). He or she finally did get close, but never past - in the next 50-miles or so.

The weiner dog is still wondering what the hell happen that trip...

:lol: ahahaah

First off, only the DRIVER knows if they are racing on a street or a track, the car certainly does NOT know the difference.

Second off, I won't lecture you, but someday, when a cop catches you, you'll be in for the lecture of a lifetime, by the cop and maybe even a judge.

As for keeping the thread going in a certain direction, that will never happen on the Internet. Check any news server and you'll see what I mean, young man. LOLOL!!!!!!

Keep your seatbelt on and good luck at staying alive.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Be an adult and a human. Drive with consideration for human life. Not too much to ask. Or so you'd think.

Until someone get's "challenged" and then the testosterone or whatever it is kicks in. Then all of a sudden nothing else seems to matter besides beating that guy. That's how people get killed. Don't let it be you.

Of course nobody ever thinks it will happen to them. I got lots of true stories full of dead and disfigured people that speak otherwise. If you like to hear stories.

Be an adult and a human. Drive with consideration for human life. Not too much to ask. Or so you'd think.

Until someone get's "challenged" and then the testosterone or whatever it is kicks in. Then all of a sudden nothing else seems to matter besides beating that guy. That's how people get killed. Don't let it be you.

Of course nobody ever thinks it will happen to them. I got lots of true stories full of dead and disfigured people that speak otherwise. If you like to hear stories.

Well said, Greg. Perhaps we should start a thread on street racing and all the fatalities we know about, especially the teenaged kids whose lives were cut horribly short because of the famous "acute testosterone poisoning" experienced by these young men.

No man enjoys "losing face" especially in front of his girl and his friends but remember, "losing face" is a hell of a lot less painful than losing a limb, an eye or worst of all, your life. You hurt not only yourself, but those around you that love you dearly and want you alive and well.

We want you here at caddyinfo.com, alive and well and telling us about your victories at a track meet.

When you race on the streets and highways, you may think you're a skilled driver but what's actually coming into play is sheer luck and as we all know, luck is for RABBITS.

Take it to a track, dude. That's the true test of a car's muscle and power. DON'T race on the streets or highways, it's a fatality just waiting to happen.

(I know, I sound like an old woman. I care about kids, what can I say) :(

Couple years back during fatter times I had a Black/Black 2000 STS I bought new, ordered with the Z-rated tire package. Man, that car ran like a scalded dog. Anyway, this arrogant putz on the other end of a group I used to hang with, had a Lexus GS400 with a Borla exhaust that he thought was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Loved to bash American cars too. So late on one weeknight we met to race (planned). We raced off a light that is 4 lanes forward, perfectly straight with no crossroads or anything that comes onto the highway for a good mile and a half. I wanted this so I had the car loaded for bear - mainly proper tire pressures and 1/8 tank of gas. Off the light, I nipped him and never gave it back. Oh, it wasn't a total spanking - he was never further back then my rear bumper but he never got ahead. We went back to the same spot and did it again - same result. Afterward we pull over and he JUMPS out of his car RIPS my back passenger door open screaming like an idiot "WHERE'S THE NITROUS BOTTLE??!!" All he found was a child seat.

~Doc

Just read the previous post to mine - funny story: 12 years ago I sold new Cadillacs for a living. Well, barely a living - hard to make any money doing that at the time. So one day we took an Allante in on trade. It was a Saturday, and surprisingly the new car sales manager let me take it home for the night. Wasn't racing or anything but I was zipping around a bit on roads in the outskirts by the Everglades. So I'm coming down a straightaway - pitch black night - and I see something way up ahead - what the heck is that, a body bag?! No, not a body bag - much bigger. It was....an Alligator!! I couldn't believe how huge he was - probably 10' to 12' and covered ALOT of the road. I came to a fast stop and was worried a bit that he was going to come over and eat my tires or something. He sat there about 7 or 8 seconds - turned his head toward me - then slithered off the road.

~Doc

I'll hop on in here and give my two cents. I will agree with most people here and say that street racing is definetley dangerous, but I see no probelm with giving people a "RUN". Where I live Friday and Saturdays is when everyone is out in their cars later at night, and it's not uncommon to run into a few "ricers" at 10:00p.m. So I approach these "ricers" and a few 5.0 Mustangs and all you have to do is glance at them. They know whats going down. I'll give her until the next lights or clearly until I've won and that's how my Caddy and I enjoy our nights.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Theres nothing like letting you caddy deliver a good old american spanking to the Japanese boys. last night on my drive home to LA had the priviledge of keeping a 525is in his place....as I was passing an 18 wheeler he approached at about 90 (I was at 82) and started flashing me....there was nothing in front of us so hey...blow the carbon out of the pipes right.....down to the floor; he was not able to keep up on the acceleration, and this is the first time (I have only had this car a month)i have seen this car climb all the way to the limiter (~115) in third. It was a great rush. Not that I condone it, but the limiter did bug the S^&t out of me...without it i could have put him well behind me

We already have the z-rated rubber, now we need the fastchip to find the real top end.

Street racing is okay as long as you know when to back off

make sure you are thinking with the correct head

:)

This morning on the way to school there was this brand new Mach 1 about 5 cars ahead of me...didnt have the plates yet...

anywhoo i was safly cutting through traffic(highway) keeping speed under 80mph (early morning) anyway i see the Stang and i look inside to see the driver and to my suprise its some fobby looking asian guy (think he was japanese) oh and if you dont know what a FoB is its Fresh off the boat... so he looks at me and he FLOORS IT :o:o

I wasflat out stunned he did that! i kept up with him up until he gave me a chance to catch up, i knew i had to be quick so i floored it and i passed him! I SWEAR TO GOD!

He even tryed to cut me off but I PASSED HIM!!!!!! :o:o

i reach 110ph and i let off...he was at my bumper! my exit was close so i went to the far right lane with a huge grin in my face and incubus' new CD playing through the speakers...and he follows me...i see him coming up real quick again on my side mirror and i punch it but it was too late he passed me and i didnt stand a chance in catching him...but still i knew what he was thinking the whole time..HOW IN THE WORLD DID A CADILLAC PASS ME?

What a way to start off the day :D of course non of my friends believed me, they all drive 240s..toyotas hondas..Lexus'...i didnt care i beat a 305hp Stang stock for stock.... B) Cads rule

Dude, sorry to BYB, but that Mach 1 is a 5.2 second car to 60, and a high 13 second car in the quarter mile. The Mach 1 is just plain and simple a faster car. All the more reason that street racing doesn't say anything if you're trying to brag on your car. Meet him at the track, or get someone in that Pony who knew what he was doing and he'da spanked 'ya. ;)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Dude, sorry to BYB, but that Mach 1 is a 5.2 second car to 60, and a high 13 second car in the quarter mile.  The Mach 1 is just plain and simple a faster car.  All the more reason that street racing doesn't say anything if you're trying to brag on your car.  Meet him at the track, or get someone in that Pony who knew what he was doing and he'da spanked 'ya.  ;)

I already know the Mach 1 is more than a match for my car...thats why im posting it on the board..because it is worth talking about! again i got the jump and he was trailing me the whole time....like i said in the above post i couldnt take him the second time..

Edit: and BTW you didn't "burst my bubble" I know what happened and im sticking to it....funny thing i noticed though...the rear window didnt have the black shudders...Now im not doubting that it wasnt a mach1 becasue the car was brand new and had all f the badging and other mach 1 treatments...who would do that to a new mustang anyway? thats why i beleiev it was a Mach and not a GT

not to burst all bubbles, but racing is much more about the driver than it is the car...i have been killed on the track by many "slower" cars, and on the street I have spanked many at times when the numbers would suggest nearly impossible.

The real test is do you know how to handle your vehicle...and this is an area where there is ALWAYS room for improvement.

The streets are fun for quick kills, but spend some time getting to know your car on the track, and you will be amazed at what you can do on the street safely (like show'em the tailpipes)

and my caddy has track time scheduled for this weekend...

Archived