CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

The Countdown begins

Regis

Well as some of you already know I'm getting married this Sunday August 14th. I'm getting long in the tooth (I'm told), bearing down on 38 this year, and figured it's about time I retired my Singles Only badge. Seriously I looking forward to a lifetime of fun and adventure with my soon to be wife. We'll be getting married at a winery on Cayuga Lake and then off to Aruba for a week.

The children issue has come up several times and I would love to have them but I find myself trying to dodge that bullet for some reason. I tell her "But you have several good years yet before we have to worry" (she's 27). She always reels me back in with "But you're getting old honey..." Could I be scared? Of course! :lol::ph34r::lol:

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Congratulations.

One of the nice things about weddings is the Bride and her Mom kind of plan out the whole thing, and have very very exact opinions on what appear to be minute details. This gives you some indication of what the rest of your life will be like. :rolleyes:

This year will be our 22nd anniversary here, and I think a Wife is one of the best things to have. Kids are terrific to have too, as they can do car stuff with you.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Congratulations and Good Luck. Age is just a number, don't worry about it.. You will just need to get a Deville when the children arrive that's all! :lol: I'll take care of mine for you!

All the best! Mike

Congratulations! This September will be my 3-year anniversary. Getting married was the best thing I ever did, and my wife was the best thing that ever happened to me. The birth of our child a few weeks ago was as close of a second place as you can get. ;) Enjoy your day and honeymoon.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

evidently her internal clock is ticking go ahead ad have a baby you both wont regret it congrats

Kids are great I have two...pretty sure both are mine...

Two things about kids:

1) Your wife is young, so take your time and spend some time as a couple before you have kids..."Couple Time" after kids is a very rare thing. Enjoy it now... your next chance won't occur until after they have gone to college.

2) The first kid tends to be fairly easy for the Dad... My wife is a stay at home type (She calls herself "retired") So for me the first kid was all enjoyment and no work... The second kid is a different story... Two kids... Two parents... Do the math...

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Congrats kger2. Best Wishes for you and your soon to be bride. Just remember don't get too drunk at the bachelor party, weddings are for wives, we just show up, say I do and pose for pics. just kidding. Have fun beginning your married life together and I hope your marriage is happy and long lasting.

Congradulations!

Hey I have been with my wife for over 16 years, and I wouldn't trade it for the world!! :blink:

Big Jay

Life is too short to grow up!

kger2,

Those guys with only 13-years, 22-years of wedded bliss, Hah ! <_<

"She who must be obeyed" and I are having year-35 soon. :o (and I'm sure I'll be topped by another post... :rolleyes: )

She's still my best friend and partner's up on various projects - simply the best investment I ever made.

Moms, Dads, brothers, sisters; family are great and all, but you can not beat your own wife and kids to get you to think twice :unsure:

before you do something stupid and become another stain on a bridge abutment... :(

Watch "Wedding Crashers" before the big day... :P

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Archived