CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Banned...!!!

Guest bbobynski

Reminds me of that classic line from “A Few Good Men”..

..What did Jack (Guru) Nicholson say…?

“YOU CAN”T HANDLE THE TRUTH !!” ;):lol:

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

bbobynski,

I looked at the letters in your post header, BITOG.

They rearrange to BIGOT very nicely. :lol:

Britt

Britt

Touchy sumb_tches

I am sure his attitude has something to do with the service he gets from from his dealer

I dont get 1911's statement, who is THEY? Mazda? They specify?

5W20, I didnt even know that exists and who would use it unless they were at the northpole? :lol:

I just used that site TODAY regarding the use of K&N :blink:

I just read their forum for the first time ....fascist pricks.

They remind me of the Lexus Forum Moderator who threatened someone a while back for stating an opinion that questioned Lexus' unimpeachable reputation.

People on this forum put up with arrogance, anger, and stupidity, including my own.

Eventually, we either get with the program or lose patience and go away.

Do these oil guys believe in democracy, or just salute to the fuhrer?

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I guess that is what you get when the site is sponsored by an oil company. They have a policy that you can state anything you want, as long as it puts Amsoil in a good light.

Britt

Britt

People on this forum put up with arrogance, anger, and stupidity, including my own.

This board puts up with ME, and I haven't been banned :blink::lol::lol: Imagine, banning bbobynski? Genious's over there! bbobynski lets face the facts, you are a lightweight when it comes to oil... :lol: no pun intended! :blink:

Don't get your feelings hurt, but I was going to suggest that we ban you due to your narrow views on injector cleaner, my local garage swears by it! :lol: The guys decided to give you another chance....try to provide some useful information if you can! :lol::lol:

Understand something, I noticed on another site that you and I are the same age (which I will keep to ourselves). Anyway, I am sure you have noticed that besides the dumbing down of America, they don't make MEN like they used to. As Arnold says they have become girly men (and you know who you are! :lol: ). That said, since the last election I have come to believe that, out of every two people I meet, one is an a-hole! Watch out for them

Guru,

I read your posts after searching, including the following:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultima...=1;t=010447;p=3

Despite your well respected reputation (and deservedly so), your posts criticizing Amsoil (apparently one of the site's sponsors') is akin to walking into a stranger's backyard and telling them that they suck, the color of their house sucks, they own a ****** car, and they stink. Know what I mean?...You’re likely going to get a negative reaction—even if it’s the truth. :lol::lol:

Mac, while I understand what you are saying, Creative Labs used to have a news group, it was the focal point of complaints for their products. As you may or may not know Creative makes the best sound cards (Audigy, etc). Well I don't have to tell you that there were some really RUDE people on that site, REALLY RUDE.... There was a CREATIVE TECH on that site named Henry Fong, I miss him, he was a genious, not unlike Guru. He answered, fixed, dianosed, troubleshooted EVERY problem that ANYONE had, he took problems back to Creative and made sure they were fixed with firmware, drivers etc, and people treated him like crap. But he remained a gentleman. I developed a friendship with him, and he always remembered me. Most of the problems were caused because the customer was an idiot, but he had patience with everyone regardless. That site NO longer exists and I miss it and Henry Fong. The point I am making is, if Amsoil is such a good product, you support and defend your product with facts, details and testing, you don't take your ball and go home, it shows weakness and not having the facts to support your product. I am sure Guru can see through this BS and he provides facts and support that a snakeoil peddler would be intimidated by. People that are full of crap, and can't provide facts and backup quit the game because they can't win.

Henry Fong was ATTACKED badly, brutally day after day and he remained professional and supported his product, a GREAT product I might add, right to the end!

Guru,

Much better to post here, we love you!

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Scotty,

I understand your point. Usually, it does make sense for a business to dispel criticism with facts and to be courteous in the face of criticism. However, Guru is an engineer (an expert in his field) so the dynamics are different. We may be able to get away with criticizing Amsiol on their sponsored site because our opinions and comments don’t carry the same “clout” as those of a bbobynski. Thus, to protect its claims and product from possible damage that Guru could inflict, he was banned. Even if Amsoil, Mobile1, etc. have data backing up their claims to at least to some degree, I think they would still be reluctant to want to get into an argument with someone like Guru. At best they would likely only achieve a draw.

I understand what you are saying given Guru's status but he rarely puts on the gloves unless outright challenged. Knowing him as long as I do and having seen him under tremendous fire on more than a few occasions, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. There is more to this story than we know, and I do not have the time to read the interactions, but there is more to this story. Quite frankly from what little I read, a few individuals are narrow minded, cocky and arrogant, please. How about this for a condescending statement directed at Guru:

"Also, you might want to pass along the fact that it's hotter in southern Arizona in June and early July than August". Who the hell does he think he is?

The average temp in May 78.8, June is 88.2, in July 93.5 in August 91.5 and in Sept 85.6, so his statement is erroneous. I love these people that throw out crap.. The topic is Phoenix, summer oil, what to do, and Guru has the direct knowledge that ALL manufacturers do their hot weather testing in phoenix, if 15W40 was good for the engine I am sure that manufacturers would have said so..

http://www.cityrating.com/citytemperature.asp?City=Phoenix

If you read the posts directed at Guru at that link they are filled with venom. Personally I don't see anything wrong with bbobs post, he did not criticize any product. All he said was to stick with what the manufacturer calls for because it was validated for a certain specification in certain temps (testing is done in Phoenix). Why mess around, he said who knows more than the manufacturer? What is so criticizing about that? Lots of egos if you ask me...

Guru, I went to the site and tried to register, I was told my email address was banned from thier site, even though I never heard of it until now! So I used an alternative email and got registered but can't post until I'm approved by the staff! Can you say paranoid? :lol:

That happened to me also

Well Scotty, (Mike),

Your avatar changes so often now, they are probably afraid of you...

Who is that masked man?

LOL

I have been bored so I thought I would put up the REAL me!

Those guys on the oil site probably snoop over here and they know who you are! It is really sad that they can't take any criticism.

When people the caliber of Guru get banned for stating facts, it stinks.

It seems that they only allow comments by people who agree with them.

They aren't related to CBS are they? <_<

Britt

Britt

:blink: sh-t, Scotty, that's the real you on the avatar?

I thought you went from James Doohan's pic to Donnie Osmond?

Are you sure that pic isn't Donny Osmond ... could you hum a couple of bars of "Puppy Love" for us? :D

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

A man walks down the street

It’s a street in a strange world

Maybe it’s the third world

Maybe it’s his first time around

He doesn’t speak the language

He holds no currency

He is a foreign man

He is surrounded by the sound

The sound

Cattle in the marketplace

Scatterlings and orphanages

He looks around, around

He sees angels in the architecture

Spinning in infinity

He says amen! and hallelujah!

If you’ll be my bodyguard

I can be your long lost pal

I can call you betty

And betty when you call me

You can call me al

Call me al

rek

This is all very interesting. I though I would register on that site. I thought no one would ban me. After all what knowledge could I hold that would make any one there scared to let me speak. But I to am banned.(Sorry, you have attempted to register with an email address that has been banned. Please feel free to email us at if you have any questions). That was what I got also. So I then used on of my other E-Maill addresses and I got in. It seems we are all banned from that site. I thought guilt by association was eleagle. They must be very scared of us all. Now to plan my first and what will be the last post I bet, they will toss me too after it.

Archived