CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Caddys have taken a back seat

Hi All. 

I bought my Bike last year. Was a long time coming. Between lack of time, crazy drivers, etc... I kept finding excuses of not buying one.

It took me 7 months to get the license due to the covid delays. 

The satisfaction is smiling from ear to ear while riding. I rode Trillian a bit over the last few years (loved every bit of it).

Now I love it even more. I drive as defensively as I always have. I drive everything like nobody sees you. The drivers around my area are absolutely terrible in so many ways.

Bike is a 2005 Harley Davidson 883 Sportster. I am old school with bikes just like my vehicles. I will eventually be looking for something larger but it is a great starter bike. I started riding it about 2 weeks ago and have rode it nearly every day. Probably around 300 miles so far. Gets almost 50 miles/Gallon. (2 gallon tank).

I would love to see more Caddy owners Bikes. What's the taste for our Caddy Fans.  

0518211629a.jpg

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Love the Indians. Beautiful bikes. 

Have not warmed up to any 3 wheel bikes as of yet. 

Honestly my Partner is not fond of it, But I did it for myself. One of the few things I really want. 

GM FAN FOREVER

I have a '04 Yamaha FJR-1300 since new.  I'm creeping up on 40,000 miles (I know, not that many for an older bike).  I used it a lot when I was working as commuter transportation, and now retired, usually just for Sunday morning runs.   The FJR is a four cylinder sport-tourer with windshield and hard bags; very quick bike if you are so inclined, comfortable tourer and she'll run all day without a whimper; six point six gallon tank and has an over 300 mile range before refueling.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

14 hours ago, cdgrinci said:

I have a '04 Yamaha FJR-1300 since new.  I'm creeping up on 40,000 miles (I know, not that many for an older bike).  I used it a lot when I was working as commuter transportation, and now retired, usually just for Sunday morning runs.   The FJR is a four cylinder sport-tourer with windshield and hard bags; very quick bike if you are so inclined, comfortable tourer and she'll run all day without a whimper; six point six gallon tank and has an over 300 mile range before refueling.

Very nice. That is low miles. I have to fill up sometimes daily depending on how much I ride it. I usually top off after 75 miles. 2.2 gal I believe. Takes just over 1.5 gallon to top off

GM FAN FOREVER

• 3 weeks later...

170 miles today smiling ear to ear. 

Believe 271 Ride, and ran all day. What a beautiful day. Meet so many nice people.

GM FAN FOREVER

• 1 month later...

Well. I put over 3000 miles on it in the last 3 months. Have loved almost every bit of it... Until this week. Someone made a mistake and caused an accident. 😭 

I am grateful to be able to not have major injuries, but broke my foot which takes me out of work for both of my jobs for... Maybe up to 6 weeks.  I have never done that before.

I am unsure how the bike is going to turn out. I did everything I could to avoid it, but even if I was in my car I would still have gotten nailed. I have been beside myself. It only takes a second to cause a major accident. Unfortunately that is not enough to stop people from driving erratically and or being distracted. I see it every day. I am surely going to miss my bike for however long I will be without it or another one. Will be at least 6 weeks before I can ride again anyway.

This although surely was scary  I will not give up on what I enjoy so much. Riding is something I enjoy more than anything in a long time.

GM FAN FOREVER

• 9 months later...

I never did post my replacement for my bike... 

Been riding this one since September. I actually bought it in August even though I could not ride it then. I have ridden it every time I possibly can. Gets twice the mileage as the cars too lol.

2005 Yamaha VStar 1100. 18k when I bought it. Just over 20k now. Cleans up like a pearl. Well taken care of.

1st pic is when it came home. Rest are my setup as of today. Even got a shot of the Seville. 

May we all be thankful and enjoy our Memorial Day Weekend

0814211535_HDR.jpg

0529221354_HDR.jpg

0529221354a_HDR.jpg

GM FAN FOREVER

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...