CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Any Racing Latley?

Guarcz03

in the Past 3 weeks ive raced my 98 STS 2 times, 1 Times VS a Acura TSX and the other Against a Supercharged Buick Riviera... the Funniest was with the TSX im driving along on the interstate doin the actual speed limit for the first time in my life when a Blue TSX Catches up with me on my right side and brakes to my speed which was around 55mph their was not another car in sight. then he floors it gets about 4 car lenghts in front the brakes again to my speed this time i knew what he wanted. He Floored it again and i let him get a car length in front until i Pulled a WOT and Flew past him. MY car went from 55 to 126 in a blink of an eye. the race against the buick was a complete joke. the middle aged man pulls up to me on the red light and looks over and laughs with his buddy about my car! he said something along the lines of "Look at that piece of Sh*T, an overrated engine in a overrated car" now i dont no what hes on to call my STS a POS when hes driving around in BUICK (The poor Mans Caddy), but i didnt take lightly to his comment so i WOT on the green and took him from Begining to End. at the next red light i looked over and said "get a Real Car" now that pissed him off. this time i wasnt expecting to race again so the green came on and he takes off. i didnt feel like racing again so i put the pedal down about half way and still beat him LOL.

I havent raced my 98 STS yet this year but last year I took it to the track (KIL-KARE in Xenia, Ohio) I was expecting to be the only one there in a Caddy on test and tune nite but to my suprise the first car I went to the line against was an 2000 or 2001 DTS which actually is the car I wanted but it was out of my price range, Anyway we pulled up to the line he did a little burn out sans traction control , I just staged . The light went and he tried to holeshot me and got about half a car or so ahead. I didnt launch real hard because I was afraid of 300 horsepower breaking something and Im married, need I say more.(She didnt know I was racing that night) I stayed on the gas I swear my foot went through the floorboard well I ended up getting a fender in front of him I ran a 15.30ET to his 15.50ET. It felt awesome. We got back in line and BSed, come to find out that he is a teacher at a local community college and teaches a class I think on engine rebuilding or something like that. He ended up redlighting the first race. I raced a few more times and was really impressed with my car and got alot of good comments from people at the track. At one time when I was racing I could hear the announcer say something like Yes you can even run your Cadillac here if you want,something like that I thought it was funny .Anyway the track is open now and I will be there again to watch and to race either my Caddy or my 89 TA if I get it ready in time. If anyone here goes to Kil-kare look for the guy in the pink Mary Kay lookin 98 STS just be polite and after you say hi walk away before you laugh at it. :lol: GOD BLESS.

I raced a buddy of mine who has a 01 Echo manual and he nearly handed me my *smurf* in my Chrysler LHS. Apparently according to my "Mopar" buddys, LHS is the akronym for Luxury High-peformance Sedan. Apparently not...can not wait to get the Eldorado going :D .

Spence

I have done quite a bit of racing in the last week! I raced a 02 honda accord ex v6! I raced a 1999-2004 mustang gt convertible, i raced a 93 honda civic hatch back with 6 people in my car and still smoked him lol, and a 00 grand am gt v6 4 door! lol! won all them! The mustang had me from 0-60 than i caught him and passed him from 60-100! the look on his face was the best! The honda accord ex put up a pretty good fight! I didnt think I would catch him but i did! I am takin it easy now cops seem to be everywhere!!!!!! :lol::lol:

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Even the most "plebian" of cars out there today are "fast". That new Toyota Avalon, which used to be a complete stinker, now does 0-60 in like 6.6 seconds or something, which is every bit as fast as our Cadillacs. I'm certainly not saying that any of these cars even has HALF the class our cars do, but if you're looking for an ego-booster, you have to be careful nowadays who you pick to race. :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Thats true, you do need to be careful. I was playing cat and mouse though the traffic with a new Nissan Sentra, it looked as if it had some type of factory performace package or modifcations. Anyway I was behind him at the traffic light and we took off together, I had to back off otherwise I would have run into him so I let him get a couple of car links ahead then jumped on it. Caught up with him and stayed even until about 65 or so then started to slowly pull away. Boy was I surprised, I was thinking when the light changes I'm gonna take the paint off that sucker when I go buy.

With the smaller ricers with some mods can get a couple of hundred horses, the cars so light they can jump pretty quick off the line. The old Caddy's a heavy car, it takes a while.

sebring06RTP.jpg

SGT. ROCK,

Have you ever tried Edgewater Sports Park in Cincinnati? http://www.edgewaterrace.com/

They have test & tune on Friday nights. They have a lot better set up IMO than Kil-Kare. I plan on going down very soon as soon as I get my car back on the road.

I will probably check out Kil-Kare also, but my preference is Edgewater.

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

The problem with the "ricers" is they jump off the line early in my neck of the woods to get a jump start at the light. They wait for yellow for the cross traffic and I wait till green on my side. I usually manage to get past them at that point when their laughter turns to concern. :lol::lol::P

The problem with "streetin" is the timing...almost any car can take any other - when a second or a few tenths is given up on an arbitrary speed / time / distance.

On the street, the first one to jump has all the advantage and until the glands kickand "the other" has a clue what its about. The next light might be a differant story, but we usually don't hear about those encounters.

On the track, timing is not an issue and the machine is "on the line"

The other major factor in streetin is "Risk / Rewards". If you're willing to go for it, then you might prevail when "the other" chickens (or comes to his senses). I don't even want to discuss how many curbs, lawns, etc I've violated in my youth during late night "cross-town rallys" (not to mention common sense).

I'm as guilty as any when it comes to street/highway racing. In fact, I tend toward the 100-mile+ highway enduros through traffic and terrain. Certainly no smarter than stoplight-streetin, but the same "rules" apply.

But face it - machines are match-raced all day long by the engineers, people make the all the differances in the streetin sort of thing (not car vs car).

IMHO ;)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

I've tried to be a little cautious about racing people, since my front engine mount is in pretty bad shape. I did end up pulling up next to this guy from school, in his 1994 Camaro (LT1). I didn't know what his intentions were, since we weren't planning on racing at the time. I put the shifter in 2nd, just in case he went for it though. The light turned green, and he hit the gas and took off. He had a very nice launch, with just a tiny but of wheel spin. I punched tha gas as well, and spun the tires for abotu three seconds. Very pitiful if I do say so myself. Well, after the tires hooked up, he had already gained three car lengths on me, but I caught right up, and stayed behind him, hold that gap even until we hit traffic and had to shut it down. For getting the worst launch ever in the history of flooring this car, I think I did alright. If I had eased into the pedal, and then mashed it to the floor, I think I woudl have done much better. Maybe even pull ahead. Even I was suprised at how quickly I caught up to him, after he took off.

It's getting warmer out now, and I'll be getting all new mounts for my car. I decided to go with the RSM aluminum one, since I drive the car, harder than most. This put's extra stress on the stock rubber/fluid filled mounts. I think that's why they have a tendency to go in our cars (late model FWD Sevilles). They just can't the same stress that the dogbones could. As soon as I get that done, I'll be all set. I'm bringing my '66 Mustang down here to school, so I can have some real fun with all these ricer dude at my school. Hehe...I can't wait. :lol:

They sell all four of them, for about $300. The only real draw back I might see using them, is some increased engine vibration felt through the wheel, but that I can live with. They are really nice though. Soldi pieces of aluminum, with Polyurethane Bushings, using steel guide inserts inside the bushings for the mounting bolts. I'm gonna put them in myself, since it woudl cost a crap load to have someone else do. Here's a link to RSM's website http://www.rsmracing.com/ . I should be getting them in the next few weeks, and will have them on by May.

Well just today I raced a Porche Boxter! I could tell he was in the mood for racing by the way he was weaving through the traffic! I was followed him for like 5 minutes until he noticed me through his rear view, he tried to loose me by weaving through cars in and out of the lanes but I followed him all the way to the next red light! I pulled up next to him on the stop line and seen that he was with his wife, so I figured he wasn't going to give up, But when the light turned green he lit em up and took off! I was a little slow because he surprised me but I got up in a hurry! He was about a cars lenght ahead for a long while and I started to edge up on him but I could tell he was letting off, so I blew right by him! I was surprised at how well I kept up with him I expected to be smoked! I think he was a little surprised that a car 3 times its weight and length kept up!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Well just today I raced a Porche Boxter! I could tell he was in the mood for racing by the way he was weaving through the traffic! I was followed him for like 5 minutes until he noticed me through his rear view, he tried to loose me by weaving through cars in and out of the lanes but I followed him all the way to the next red light! I pulled up next to him on the stop line and seen that he was with his wife, so I figured he wasn't going to give up, But when the light turned green he lit em up and took off! I was a little slow because he surprised me but I got up in a hurry! He was about a cars lenght ahead for a long while and I started to edge up on him but I could tell he was letting off, so I blew right by him! I was surprised at how well I kept up with him I expected to be smoked! I think he was a little surprised that a car 3 times its weight and length kept up!

haha! ya yenko are u sure it was u that raced him or me? lmao! ;):lol:

user posted image

If that boxter really wanted to it would've left you sitting there, especially in traffic. They weigh nothing and pack a lot of performance. Now if it was the boxter S then it could've left you in the next time zone. Like a large motorcycle packin around 280hp. and stiff as a board. Many years ago my father and I were walking along a street in Belgium. He stops me and says "check this out". A porsche 944 and a mini were staging at a red light. He says "my money's on the mini". I say no way. Well that mini was clearly on the other side of the intersection by the time that 944 started rolling forward. It was such an ugly beating that I never would've believed it unless I was there to see it. Side note: 2 people in the mini and 1 in the porsche.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Actually I checked into it because I thought he would have too! But apparently the 0-60 is like 6.5 and the 1/4 mile is mid to high 14s! I would guess it was an 01 or 02! I know he did beat me but not as bad as we both thought he should have! I am almost positive he was givin er for that little stretch! And I am sure it wasn't a Boxter S! I dont race that often anymore but I thought it would be fun racing something other than Ricer's and Mustangs!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

I'll bet that caddy grill in his rearview was scary ;) . Riding in a small convertable everything looks like a semi. My father restored an mgb and it's scary when you can see all the way under a typical suv.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I know what you mean! He probebly wasn't racing and only trying to run away! I was right up on his A** all the way through town until we found a nice stretch! When we pulled up to the light I looked over and I felt like a was driving an SUV or a limo or somethin!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

He knew that I was following him because I was turning left and when he went right I quickly changed lanes to turn right with him!

user posted image

• 1 year later...

I had fun running with a Subaru WRX STI on the freeway.We were doing 135 or so.He was right there,but after 120 I was loosing him rather quick.That's about all I'm going to race against, or waste my gas on as far as Japanese burners go.Although I must admit I kind of like those.(Much better than a Legacy form back in the day.)

Florin

I raced a buddy of mine who has a 01 Echo manual and he nearly handed me my *smurf* in my Chrysler LHS. Apparently according to my "Mopar" buddys, LHS is the akronym for Luxury High-peformance Sedan. Apparently not...can not wait to get the Eldorado going :D .

Spence

LH is the platform code and who the hell knows what S means....really no one but Chrysler knows what it means. Same with the Intrepid SE Vs. ES, the SE is the base edition and the ES is the luxury edition but who knows what the SE or ES means. I would say there is something wrong with your LHS the 98 to 04 LHS with the 3.5HO will run high 15's low 16's in the 1/4. This has been a discussion a few times on the Intrepid forum I visit www.dodgeintrepid.net

Archived