CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

hvac blend door actuator

I have a 2004 Deville, and the a/c blows cold ( as usual) on the driver side only !  The air coming from the passenger side vents  is either non existent or its quite hot ,,, I feel its the blend door actuator, but I am unsure, as I am a novice with respect to these types of repairs.  Has anyone has such an issue and perhaps offer me some sage direction ?  Thank you kindly !!

Check the basics first .. cabin air filter clogged ? Hear any clicking in the dash or change a battery recently?

Sounds like 2 issues here.

For sure check the cabin air filters to start.

Once that is good post back results

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I wonder if perhaps there is so something with the passenger side HVAC controls being  stuck or messed up also?

If I remember right, in my 01 Seville I had some odd things like that going on near the end. I had to disable that, or match it to the same temp manually as the drivers side to keep it from blowing very hot air also. 

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Just checking....

Did you post the question right?.....and do not mean cold passenger side....warm drivers side? 

On those cars.....cold passenger side....plus warm driver side is a known low freon condition.

I assume US/ Canadian LHD spec car. Left being drivers side.