CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

new member introduction

joeniv

Greetings - joeniv here...

this is my first post - so if I break any board rules, be gentle. tell me what I did wrong - I'm a quick learner...

I bought my Cadillac over the winter - a 2001 ESC. It had 44k on it and is in very good condition. It was a 'value' based decision for me, I got a lot of car for the money spent. I'm a big guy - the Cad fits me better than anything else I was interested in.

are there any quirks about this car I should know about? I haven't found anything too odd yet...

this is my first Cad - and I may be hooked. I have really enjoyed the car these few short months. I live in Omaha, NE so it makes a good winter driver.

I'm going to try to share a photo... apologies in advance if I goof up...

truck_car.jpg

I enjoy adding bits and pieces as time passes. I live in Nebraska - so I need to find a front license plate bracket - I keep my front tag in the seat back pocket if I ever get pulled over.

molded mud flaps are on the way right now. they should be flat black - depending on how things go with the license plate holder - I may be getting some parts painted...

anyway - I just wanted to say hi - sorry if I ran on..

-joeniv

Welcome to the board!

The license plate holder can be ordered through any dealership, they are a bit expensive, around $65. They come in flat black so you need to decide if you want to keep it black or have it painted at a bodyshop to match the color of the car. If you get it painted it might look pretty nice but rest assured that the first time someone backs into your car, the plate holder will get a bit crunched and the paint will probably chip off.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Welcome to the board. Nice Eldorado! I like the color. Those look like 96-97 STS wheels on that car...unless they also used those on 2001 Eldorados (I don't know).

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Well,....it's not exactly "Cornhusker Red", but it looks to be in great shape.

I graduated from Omaha Burke High School, may Dad was transferred there when I was a junior, I never saw so many red Cadillacs,...I think the dealarships only stocked them in that color...

Hey joeniv,

Welcome to the Caddyinfo Boards! That is a great looking Eldorado SC! B) Of course I am a little partial to them myself... :lol: I have a 93 ESC and I absolutely love this car. Love those wheels with that color. I searched for those for some time, but finally settled on the cast alum. finished SLS wheels. They look nice on the Eldo also.

Is that your Chevy truck too? I like your taste in vehicles! You don't have an ancient Firebird tucked away in that garage do you? :P

I think your going to be real happy with that car, very nice ride... If you keep it for the long haul, treat it right and it will do the same for you! ;)

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

well guys / gals - thanks for the warm welcome. A bit more history - back in late '99 I knew I was going to buy a vehicle - I expected to buy a truck (which I in fact did - witness the photo). But when I shopped at the GMC store - they had a used Eldorado and I test drove it. Fell in love. Knew one day I would have one...

time passes - 5 years later - truck is paid for - and has 120k miles on it. I need to make it last another 5 years - (do you feel the justification building) - so I bought a car to make my truck last longer. I expect to have it for 5+ years as a minimum. at the rate I log miles - it should still be under 100k at that time - barely broken in.

re: the wheels - I knew they weren't originals - the dealer told me he had bought and added them. not sure what they were - did the ESC ever come with steel wheels and hub caps?

not Cornhusker red is OK. I'm a south dakotan by birth - live in NE for work. I'll always be a Dakotan. Nothing against the huskers - but I'm not enfatuated with them either...

no firebird behind the garage door - but I do have a motorcycle back there. nothing fancy - a '97 Yamaha Virago 750. Simple little cruiser - my daily driver during the summer...

97_virago_750.jpg

the new molded mud flaps arrived today - they look simple enough. I don't think they will look right unless they are painted.

hope to learn a lot here - thanks again for the welcome...

-niv

Welcome! I love that El-Dawg! Nice color ;)!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

Welcome aboard!

Nice looking Eldo! If I ever wear out my '94, I would love to upgrade to one like yours: Late model, same color, same wheels.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

A couple of questions relative to the Eldorado, for anybody that knows these cars...

Was 2001 the last year for the ESC?

Is there also an ETC?

If there is more than one model type, is it like the STS/SLS, wherein the STS has more HP and a higher gear ratio in the back?

I would really like to pick a late model one...

The ESC (or "base" Eldorado before the late 1990s) is basically the Eldorado equivalent to the SLS. LD8 Northstar engine, VIN Y. 3.11 final drive. The ETC is the equivalent to the STS. L37 Northstar engine, VIN 9. 3.71 final drive.

I don't know when the ESC and ETC stopped. 2002 was the last year for overall Eldorado production, wasn't it? I don't know if there was ever a 2002 ESC.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Congrats on the car!

Looks beautiful, and the chrome wheels are nice. Once you drive one of these there's no going back, the just kinda real you in.

Welcome.

Welcome to the board! Car looks beautiful youve come to the right place to get your questions answered!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Archived