CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

shooting a rod to the floor at gas station

DTS_driver

Is the dealer that has the car now, the same dealer who did the work on it? If so, it is not likely they are going to find any fault (in their workmanship) and leave themselves liable to eat the cost of repair. Hell, if that is the case, they may not even let you see the engine much less let you take (incriminating) pictures.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GUYS............I don't mean to be a butthead.....But is the same

gal? or person that had the rod thru the block in another LONG

post/thread last month?..........................geo

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

yeah the car is at the dealer where I purchased it from not the one that did the work, its the same dealership name though, its the same dealer just diff. location. yeah this post was going on since march 14, that was when some people didnt belive me on here, some one said i was from lexus....haha...but I really appreciate all the help for you guys thanks

WOT's do little to reduce oil consumption, but they do eliminate the carbon build up that decreases performance and fuel economy. I have since pulled from my garage an old service manual from 1996. It states that 1 quart of oil consumption per 1000 miles is normal. I have a 97 that easily uses 2 quarts between my 3000 mile changes. If you are using oil on this level or less, I would not bother with any mechanical repairs. Our 97 STS became my driver less than one year ago. The WOT has eliminated the cold rap entirely, it just runs better, and would get better MPG if I didn't drive like Jeff Gordon on drugs! I use Mobil 1 synthetic and check my oil level every 500 miles. I can't explain the importance of keeping the engine full with clean oil regardless of what we've been taught, have heard on the forum, or what the car "says" it requires. Oil is the life blood of the engine, and if your concern is that of oil costs, than you are not looking at the big picture here. I have yet to meet a person who has changed their oil all too frequently, and has driven their car to the standard that we have all come to agree with, that has had any major internal problems with their engine. I am sorry here, but we are all overlooking the all too common oil change!

WOT's do little to reduce oil consumption, but they do eliminate the carbon build up that decreases performance and fuel economy. I have since pulled from my garage an old service manual from 1996. It states that 1 quart of oil consumption per 1000 miles is normal. I have a 97 that easily uses 2 quarts between my 3000 mile changes. If you are using oil on this level or less, I would not bother with any mechanical repairs. Our 97 STS became my driver less than one year ago. The WOT has eliminated the cold rap entirely, it just runs better, and would get better MPG if I didn't drive like Jeff Gordon on drugs! I use Mobil 1 synthetic and check my oil level every 500 miles. I can't explain the importance of keeping the engine full with clean oil regardless of what we've been taught, have heard on the forum, or what the car "says" it requires. Oil is the life blood of the engine, and if your concern is that of oil costs, than you are not looking at the big picture here. I have yet to meet a person who has changed their oil all too frequently, and has driven their car to the standard that we have all come to agree with, that has had any major internal problems with their engine. I am sorry here, but we are all overlooking the all too common oil change!

What does this post have to do with the thread topic???? The failure mode of DTS Driver's car was not due to lack of oil changes.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Ok im at the finish here now, cadillac did the 50/50 deal with me and put in the new motor, i picked up the car today, engine runs nice, but i get a light clunking sound comeing from the front suspension on the drivers side, I' ll let them know of that when i take it in for the first 1000 miles oil change as they recommend. total for me was $4558.45 warranty--3years/100,000 miles

Ok im at the finish here now, cadillac did the 50/50 deal with me and put in the new motor, i picked up the car today, engine runs nice, but i get a light clunking sound comeing from the front suspension on the drivers side, I' ll let them know of that when i take it in for the first 1000 miles oil change as they recommend. total for me was $4558.45 warranty--3years/100,000 miles

Did you get pictures of the cylinder bore? Based on the previous posts, it looked like the dealer that did the piston replacement screwed it up....If that were the case and it it was my car, the dealer would have picked up the entire tab....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Actually I feel dtsdriver did get a good deal. It's a shame it happened. After all He purchased a car with no warranty or a as is warranty or a very limited warranty. And I think it shows real good will from cadillac. Even if it was the fault of the prior rebuild. It happen many miles sfter the rebuild& no warranty.When you purchase a car with as is or 30 or 90 day warranty or what ever. When the warranty is up it up..

Jim

Its ok though I am pretty happy right now that I got my DTS back, I mean as I think of it $4500 isnt that bad for a new engine installed at the dealership, i know anywhere else the engine alone costs like$5000 from an independent shop plus labor. It runs like a brand new cadillac now and feels alot smoother. I thank everyone here for there support. I never got to go back to check out the old engine, when I picked up the car they had disposed of it already.

Archived