CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Audio help please

rockfangd

that is what my ETC had.

the base systems only had tweeters in the front doors. I have a few door panels without rear tweeters. The opening does not exist.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

If you have the 11 speaker system, your rear doors have that removeable cloth speaker grill on the top portion of the door.  When i upgraded from the 6 speaker to 11 system, the dash had the spot for the speaker, and the mounting for the midrange on the rear doors was there, but i had no place for the tweeters on the rear doors.  I ended up mounting them on the rear pillars near the seat belts.  I did not modify the car interior, but wanted those tweeters in the back.  

Yes, i too have the rds radio with dsp.  On a scale of 1-10, i rate it a 4 how often i use it is a 2.  When the dsp level is set up higher, as you switch tracks, the music echo's for 1 second after the song is switched.  IMO  It's one of those fancy options that is low on the useful list. 

I used the DSP "Driver's Seat" option to provide great stereo effect whenever I was alone in the car.  With passengers, I would turn off DSP.

Sometimes I added "Theater" or the other effects, but to me they were nice, but really not particularly useful.  But the "Driver's Seat" gives you stereo directional effect as good as you can get without headphones.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I have the 11. Thats what I mean about the rear tweeters. A  base system doesnt even have a spot for the rear door tweeters. So mine has 2 speakers in each door

GM FAN FOREVER

I completely agree. I love it. And I love that you can change the level of it. That is why it is a extra perk that it works with the replacement amp and HU

GM FAN FOREVER

I had forgotten that I replaced the 5 1/4" dash speakers and the door tweeters at the same time.  I must have photos some place, i need to flip through photobucket.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Just a update here. 

System sounds wonderful. What a difference. 

I dont listen to anything crazy or loud but good quality sound is very nice

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived