CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I've got the Need for Speed

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2005-0...lac-speed_x.htm

Cadillac rolling out new 5 second long commercials showing an STS-V or XLR-V accelerating 0-60 with the caption

How fast? That fast!

:D

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I am so glad that an AMERICAN car manufacturer has finally taken the gloves off. All we have seen are foreign cars talking about speed and performance, its about time.

Early on sailors navigated by the stars at night and the North star became the symbol for finding ones way home. Once you know where the Northstar is you can point your ship in the right direction to get home. So the star became a symbol for finding ones way home or more symbolically even finding ones path in life.

Was chatting with one dealer and he mentioned not liking the Cadillac advertising

for the CTS-V and resulting slower than desireable sales for that model. I asked,

"What advertising do you not like?" and he replied

"They don't advertise it at all; that's the problem!"

So maybe the new V ads will help.

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The CTS-V is a "niche" market car. It isn't going to sell in big #'s no matter how they advertise it! I love them, don't get me wrong, but the high performance car is a small market here in the states. Look what happened to the Camaro/Firebird. And the GTO isn't exactly selling like hot-cakes! I would like to compare sales of something like a BMW M5 or a CLK500 to the CTS-V and see how they rate.

So the 5 second commercials aren't going to be advertising the CTS-V and only the XLR-V and an STS-V? I never even knew there was an XLR-V. I love the new Cadillac commercials and expect that their 5 second, 0-60, V-Series commercials are going to be awsome!!!! I know that I would buy one if I had the money! :lol:

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Was chatting with one dealer and he mentioned not liking the Cadillac advertising

for the CTS-V and resulting slower than desireable sales for that model.  I asked,

"What advertising do you not like?" and he replied

"They don't advertise it at all; that's the problem!"

So maybe the new V ads will help.

That's true Bruce, I can't believe I haven't seen one ad for the CTS-V. I'm sure looking forward to the new STS-V and XLR-V ads... Don't wanna blink I might miss them!! :D

I am fortunate to be living in an area with big spenders, maybe I'll see one or two in town this spring! There are two guys I have seen tooling around in their XLR's. What a great looking car. Put a 440 HP supercharged N* in there... Sweet!

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Archived