CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I've got the Need for Speed

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2005-0...lac-speed_x.htm

Cadillac rolling out new 5 second long commercials showing an STS-V or XLR-V accelerating 0-60 with the caption

How fast? That fast!

:D

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Was chatting with one dealer and he mentioned not liking the Cadillac advertising

for the CTS-V and resulting slower than desireable sales for that model. I asked,

"What advertising do you not like?" and he replied

"They don't advertise it at all; that's the problem!"

So maybe the new V ads will help.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The CTS-V is a "niche" market car. It isn't going to sell in big #'s no matter how they advertise it! I love them, don't get me wrong, but the high performance car is a small market here in the states. Look what happened to the Camaro/Firebird. And the GTO isn't exactly selling like hot-cakes! I would like to compare sales of something like a BMW M5 or a CLK500 to the CTS-V and see how they rate.

So the 5 second commercials aren't going to be advertising the CTS-V and only the XLR-V and an STS-V? I never even knew there was an XLR-V. I love the new Cadillac commercials and expect that their 5 second, 0-60, V-Series commercials are going to be awsome!!!! I know that I would buy one if I had the money! :lol:

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Was chatting with one dealer and he mentioned not liking the Cadillac advertising

for the CTS-V and resulting slower than desireable sales for that model.  I asked,

"What advertising do you not like?" and he replied

"They don't advertise it at all; that's the problem!"

So maybe the new V ads will help.

That's true Bruce, I can't believe I haven't seen one ad for the CTS-V. I'm sure looking forward to the new STS-V and XLR-V ads... Don't wanna blink I might miss them!! :D

I am fortunate to be living in an area with big spenders, maybe I'll see one or two in town this spring! There are two guys I have seen tooling around in their XLR's. What a great looking car. Put a 440 HP supercharged N* in there... Sweet!

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Archived