CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

"Cadillac boys ready to ride out on them 24s"

Cadillac boys ready to ride out on them 24s
Big booty , big azz , phat booty shaking

Da Real Lyfe Car Club
Romulus , MI
Real lyfe people that enjoy real cars.
Highway Classic Cruisers Car Club
969 Atlanta Street, Saginaw, Michigan 48604-2231 (club has members in and around Saginaw)
Club Dues: $15.00 / year (single or couple)
Pre-1988 Car, Truck or Bike
Host Car Club for Rock-n-Wheels Music Fest Car, Truck & Bike Show held the 3rd Saturday in July each year

Read more: http://carshowsusa.com/car-clubs/michigan-car-clubs/

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Not to make this a social commentary on large wheels, but to my eye, I have never (ever) seen a car that looks good with too-tall wheels (I include, and this is just my opinion) anything larger than 20", and even some vehicles with 20's or even 19's, it is too much). Opinions may vary; this just my two cents.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

I agree. I have seen one suv that looked ok, but I guess thats why we don't all drive the same car either. I personally don't care for black wheels either, but know people that take off something perfectly nice and put them on. I almost always first glance think they should wash the car, but just as quickly realize they are meant to be like that.

One of the YouTube "suggestions for the next video to watch" was "how to put 24-inch wheels on a 2000-2005 Cadillac." It begins with a still of an automobile coil spring laying in tall grass, giving us a hint that there is more than offset spindles involved.

I do get the feeling that the result is a cruising vehicle that is not well considered for, say, daily driving in Pittsburgh or San Francisco or in commuter traffic jams. I would hope that there is suspension travel and damping that will make pleasurable road trips a good idea, though.

My car has 19" rims standard, but that is part of an overall design of suspension and chassis. The road-holding of the car is its best feature for me personally. Huge wheels are usually mated with very low profile tires with wide, flat treads to give reasonable rolling diameters, and good performance and tire wear demands that the suspension keep that wide, flat tire tread flat on the road all the time, something you are not going to see in a 2000-2005 Cadillac except in very mild situations - like cruising, or driving down an Interstate with good pavement surface quality.

But, for a focused application like boulevard cruise, the total package, if done well like the beautiful 1967 or 1968 convertible here, the result is truly magnificent.

If Bruce turns up something like this for the Caddyinfo weekend project car, I will be very pleased.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

My Cadillac weekend car is my XLR in the garage. I will say I have respect for these guys who are into Cadillacs, and are getting together and driving the cars. Although I may differ on individual choices I admire when someone customizes their Cadillac along a consistent theme, and when they are taking great care of the vehicle.

It may be that in some groups having big wheels on the car shows that it is special or a tuner version?

Bruce

Goran---why is easy. they want to. lol I wanted those N-50 tires on the rear in the 70's, my dad said why ha. Why would anyone want a morotcycle? I don't know, but I got one. I say why would anyone want black wheels, but the obvious answer is they like em. Some people like opera, oh well. good thing or it would be a boring world

What a boring world it would be indeed. When i see a Camcord (Camry / Accord - same yawn) driving down the street, it reminds me how vanilla the world can get. Ok - got to get back to my cubicle and program a computer so to make people work harder and faster.

No, not "why do they do it" but why do they want to do it? Personalizing? No! Today everyone does it and on every kind of vehicle - from the "Camcord" to the "Bug" to the rod or the classic Cadillac! I think it is boring!

Still wonder: Why? :(

Lots of people DO like the big wheels / slab side look to a custom car. I find more in common with these guys than disagreement -- they are spending time & enjoying their Cadillacs.

Bruce

I see a lot of people modifying Trucks, or economy cars. These guys are at least on my brand of fun.

I am certain I am at least 23% more grumpy than anyone in Sweden lol.

Bruce

So to explain more completely, I would like to have more Cadillac people participate here on CaddyInfo, and this type of club seems to not normally participate on forums now. So part of my agenda is to understand how to appeal to this sector of Cadillac fans.

Bruce

I'm here to help out when I can. The club specifies a car/truck/bike from the 1988 or older model year, and I have some experience there plus a bunch of Chiltons going back to 1941.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived