CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Damage to 2005 DeVille

skyman

Hit a deer the other day and will be needing a new right front fender and headlight assembly. Possibly a grille. Reasearched the parts. No more than $600 in parts. Doesn't look like the older cars where the fenders and other parts were all welded to each other. Looks like it's just a matter of unbolting and then rebolting the new parts on. Going for a couple of estimates tomorrow.

Anyone ever had this type of repair done? I'd be interested in what other members here think would be a ball park estimate so I'll have an idea what's about right.

I'd guess the damage would be approaching $2000 - parts cost is one thing but then there is labor and paint work and paint materials which are not cheap.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

For some reason the photo won't upload. I resized it to below the required 64kb...it goes through the motions but it doesn't seem to post..UNLESS it's a delayed process in which the photo needs to be reviewed before it's posted.

My wifes van was hit by a school bus. The color was very popular. I searched craigs list, and saw a van with a beautiful nose. I got a hood and a fender for $200. Bolted them both in, and i still have a factory finish on the van and oem parts. The hood was 100% aluminum.

Or... There are sites on ebay that supply you with an already painted fender. Give them the colorcode, and they paint it to match. These would be aftermarket fenders. Your car right now is prime for used parts as they are in abundance. Unlike older cars, you do not have to remove the door to get a fender on. I think that is true for your car.

Yes ,there is some minor damage to the door. Just a bit of ripple towards the front of it....but the job could be done without replacing the door. I just got an estimate this morning. They said they don't do jobs that are not 100% If I could do the job myself in my carport I would just replace the fender,headlight assembly and the grill. The plastic fastener on the right side of the grill that holds it to the hood broke. All in all, less than 600 in parts...and I would order the prepainted fender.

The body shop I went to wants to replace the headlight, fender,bumper cover, grill and door. and mix their own paint and spray everything and blend it in to the rest of the car....and they want $4,078 to do the job.They said they would take them 7 days to do the job

There are several "mixes" for each paint code and the shops need to determine what mix of the body color will match the car - ait pressure, needle settings, etc. can change the color. The fact that the car's finish is 9 years old means the new paint won't match exactly - that's why they blend it into the adjacent panel - the eye is drawn to the seam/joint between panels and if there was a color change right at the seam, you'd see it. By blending it, the color is the same on both sides of the gap/seam and the eye won't notice any slight mismatch.

The grille will need to be painted as well - the panels on each side and along the bottom are the body color.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

having problems posting the photo. I'll try it again. I did see that these fenders can be ordered prepainted to factory colors.

The way I do pictures to forums is...

Get a free Photobucket account...

Upload your pictures to the free account...

Make a few folders to organize your pictures if you want to...

When you move the mouse over a picture, a little gear will pop up on the upper right corner of the picture.

Move the mouse over the gear and a menu will drop down...

Click on SHARE LINKS...

Click on the bottom one...IMG Codes

Then come to the forum and do a RIGHT CLICK and then click on PASTE and your FULL SIZE picture is then here.

Posted Image

Took it to the body shop and they did a quick fix so the car is usable. Pulled the fender out where it meets the door and fit the new headlight assembly. Fender looks a little wrinkled but not terrible. Will do the full repair after winter is over. Cost for this little facelift..$397.88 +tax

Archived