CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Trying to figure out why my Traction Control Light only comes on when I 1st start my car (2005 Deville) and only when cold. If I let the car warm up, shut off the car, and then restart it, the light will not come on.

Thanks for the reply. I had a previous issue with my ABS Pump ground wires, were the insulation came off and i'm thinking over time, and water elements corroded the wire. I cut, and splice them back together and grounded them separate, but both grounded to the transmission. Going to try something different today.

The dedicated ground from the ABS motor to engine or frame is essential. Without it everything will fritz out when the EBTCM turns on the ABS motor. This can happen on start-up when the PCM runs the EBTCM test sequence.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 3 weeks later...

I've cleaned all grounds, and cleaned the abs fuses then re installed them. I noticed that the abs pump now turns off normal. So, I guess the abs reset and confirmed when I reinstalled the 50 amp fuse. Replace one breaker in the rear when I swap them around and found my interior lights wouldn't work, which told me that breaker was bad. Checked and cleaned each hub abs connection Checked the cruise control and all fine. .Now when I start up all the lights go out, then the TRACTION CONTROL pops back on.Not sure were to go from here.......

:bump:

Here's my codes.......

Active

IPM B0429

AMP U1000

NO IRC DATA

History

"

ABS C1298

IPC U1000

PCM U1040

funny as it seems, this is almost exactly what my 01 eldo is doing.Working on resolving it.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

CURRENT

IPC
B0429 Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance

AMP
U1000 Class 2 Communication Malfunction

NO IRC DATA

HISTORY

ABS
C1298 PCM Class 2 Serial Data Link Malfunction

IPC
U1000 Class 2 Communication Malfunction

PCM
U1040 Loss of Class 2 Communications with ABS

Looking at the CURRENT codes, you have a stuck temperature control door in the rear seat A/C, and the radio is offline. If you have an aftermarket radio, you will get these codes unless the new radio integrates with the car's network.

The fact that your ABS codes are HISTORY is a good sign, because they say that your EBTCM was offline. A dead EBTCM will throw a couple of other codes so this was just for a second or two.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Thank you again for your input on my current problem. Maybe if I disconnect the battery and drain the electrical system by touching the positive and negative together then reconnect everything that may drain my system and everything should reset, hopefully clear that Traction Control.

That may help. Please report back. But it looks like it may be a bad ground or the beginning of relay failure in the EBTCM.

• 1 month later...

You should be able to get one at the dealer parts department. Have your VIN with you when you go in to order it.

Is the DLC cover on? There is a shunt in the dust cover that can cause Traction Control Light to come on....don't ask me how I know!

What is the DLC cover???

Posted Image

It's the cover over the OBD II connector. DLC == Data Link Connector. People tend to throw those away. I wish that they came with lanyards so that didn't happen.

shh. Ford did. Didnt stop people, mainly inspectors for ripping them off lol.

GM FAN FOREVER

It's the cover over the OBD II connector. DLC == Data Link Connector. People tend to throw those away. I wish that they came with lanyards so that didn't happen.

Interesting,,,

I just went and looked and my car doesn't have a cover over the OBD ll port.

I wonder when they stopped putting them on the port.

Posted Image

to my knowledge I havent seen a GM with one new since at least o2?

Fords still have them. They are tethered with a short plastic cable

GM FAN FOREVER

My 2011 CTS-V has a DLC cover. Interesting that Ford provides a lanyard, something I haven't seen yet. If I see an aftermarket lanyard for flash drive covers or some such at Staples I will put one on my car and my wife's 1999 Pontiac Grand Am.

Went to the dealer parts (Bud Davis Cadillac) today and they seemed to be lost like I was asking for a ride to the ABC store. . :fighting0025: I knew there would be a problem when when the parts man ask me "What data port! To scan for trouble codes" Never heard of such. Then service dept came around the corner and said he knew what it was then suggested I bring my car in. My reply was, if your parts man have the slightest idea of what I'm asking even with my vin, what will you do to me back behind those doors....Laughing as I departed the facility. Back to the drawing board....

You might try calling it the OBD connector cover.

Archived