CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Winter in Ontario

ted tcb

:P Well, its time to check out the new blizzak snow tires, seat heaters, and 5W30 oil

Winter arrived this morning .... just 5 more months until spring waxing!

Hope my picture posts, showing the Caddy in an arctic setting.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Trying to upload a 60.4k pic one last time. Here it goes.

post-3-1099936511.jpg

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

The second car in my garage is this 71 Cutlass .... I know its not a Caddy, but hell, same gene pool. It kinda shows that our Caddies are worth preserving .... I guarantee it gets more attention at the local drive in than a new Lexus does.

post-3-1099936675.jpg

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I'll bet it gets more attention! Especially with the top down and snow on the ground. :rolleyes:

I purchased the car in 1995 for 6k. Every year I put some $$$ into it ... this year I rebuilt the front end and put new rubber on. It gets driven maybe 1000 miles per yr.

Factory rims, console, buckets, numbers match.

Just appraised this year at 15k .... the Cutlass went into hibernation after I took the shot this morning. If you see the garage in the background, that's her winter home.

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

• 1 month later...
We are getting a little storm here tonight in PEI! I will probebly take the car out for a little spin. I really love driving in bad weather! But not too bad! :rolleyes:

I like driving in bad weather to LOL. It's awsome spiining on the ice and doing donuts in the parking lot and I don't have traction control ha ha.

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Hey, that Olds is NICE! 350 or 455? I love those old convertibles. In fact, my dream car is a '75 Delta 88, 455 and triple white.

I really do hate to say it, but we tied a record high temperature here today: 73*F. Yesterday, we beat the record high by one degree: 76*F. Just as odd, we missed a white Christmas by a single day. RDU (Raleigh Int'l airport) has never had a white Christmas, but 3-5 inches of snow blanketed the area during the early morning of the 26th (basically, Christmas night). So close, and now, a week or two later, so far.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Sorry but were not all fortunate to own a nice warm heated garage I have one but it's not my car in there lol it's my dad's eldo adn his Corvette lol!!!!

user posted image

I am lucky may Dad has only one car because we have a double garage. And i have to share the second spot with my mom? When I move out I will hope to have a heated garage to store my car!.......... :P

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

I will never move into a house without a heated 2 or more car garage when I leave lol.

user posted image

Unless you are rich that doesnt sound like you will be moving out till you are at least 35.........LOL :lol:

Theres tons of houses and even some apartment with two car garaged the cost of living is very very sheap and it seems like a house that is newer than 12 years old has a garage so I think I'll find a way.

user posted image

Heated garages are not all they are cracked up to be. I have a heater in mine and just crank it up when I need to do some work on one of the cars. When you back a warm car out into the cold, the warm air in the door panels will cause condensation between the panel and the door skin. Then the condensation runs down to the seam at the base and the next thing you know there is rust. I think it is far better to leave it stay cold.

Heated garages are not all they are cracked up to be. I have a heater in mine and just crank it up when I need to do some work on one of the cars. When you back a warm car out into the cold, the warm air in the door panels will cause condensation between the panel and the door skin. Then the condensation runs down to the seam at the base and the next thing you know there is rust. I think it is far better to leave it stay cold.

YA but would a car in a nice heated garage not last longer than one out in the cold snowy windy climates????? I would think that a heated garage would ad life to your car engine wise and body wise!!! Thats just what I've always thought anyways.

user posted image

I guess I am going to have to agree to disagree! Although that maybee true I still would prefer to leave my car in a heated garage than out side in the snow and freezing rain. That is very interesting though; I never knew that. Thanks for the tip!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Heated garages are not all they are cracked up to be. I have a heater in mine and just crank it up when I need to do some work on one of the cars.  When you back a warm car out into the cold, the warm air in the door panels will cause condensation between the panel and the door skin.  Then the condensation runs down to the seam at the base and the next thing you know there is rust.  I think it is far better to leave it stay cold.

YA but would a car in a nice heated garage not last longer than one out in the cold snowy windy climates????? I would think that a heated garage would ad life to your car engine wise and body wise!!! Thats just what I've always thought anyways.

I always garage my cars and would never leave them outside except at work. What I am saying is that I think an unheated garage is better than a heated one (except when needed for maintainence). Going from hot to cold every day will just put condensation where you can't see it and hasten rust internaly. One day you see a small speck of rust on the door base seam and when you try to clean it off, you put your finger through the door because it rusted from the inside out.

Oh I get the point now. I wasn't quite sure what you meant the first time. My garage usually stays between 5 and 10 degrees celcius in the winter because the door is often opened. I that still to warm? I can control the heat as I wish!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

I have a non heated garage as shown in my pic there on the left but it needs a serious cleaning lol maybe before winter is over i'll get it cleaned up so I can put my car in there. It's just going to take a while my dad's garage is in the back yard but I know that I won't be able to talk him into letting me put the car back there I'll probly rip up the lawn driving all the way back there. :lol: And he likes his cars to much to put them outside!!!!!

user posted image

Jason, my Olds has an original 350 Rocket with 45k on it .... I had a 455 for about a year, parked side by side. The 442 was obviously faster,but the green 350 was a lighter, nicer all around car.

To the guys expecting to move into a two car garage, good luck to ya.

I thought my STS and Cutlass would sleep side by side, tucked in for those cold Canadian nights.

Well, wive's cars came into the equation, and the STS lost :angry: it stays out all night, plugged into a block heater.

Better a cold STS than a cold woman :lol:

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Oh I get the point now. I wasn't quite sure what you meant the first time. My garage usually stays between 5 and 10 degrees celcius in the winter because the door is often opened. I that still to warm? I can control the heat as I wish!

I don't think the tempurature of the garage is as important as the differential between inside and outside.

But the temperature outside right now is staying at around the temperature of the garage. And It usually does. As it gets colder there will probebly be a little difference in temperature, but it looks to be staying pretty mild this Winter. Outside temperature Usually varies between -5 degrees and even +10. And even in a non heated garage I dont think the temperature Would be the exact same inside and out. :huh:

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Archived