CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New Tires for the STS "V"

Is that a screw in the tire in addition to the belt separation?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Jim left out the "Jim is a Hero" part.

Jim got up at dawn, and got over to Frank Kent Cadillac where I had the STS-V towed on Sunday. Our plan was for him to explain it all to them and see what could be done. They only could change the tires, so Jim cut off the hanging strip and drove the V over to Discount Tires, waited for them to open, then got the V lined up for new tires. We had to figure out which tires were available and which tires were desirable. Jim haggled for a credit on the Pirelli's for the wear. Then he waited an hour for the tires to be installed, and another 30-45 min for me to finally arrive from Plano through rush hour traffic.

I could not have asked for more capable, better, or more timely help. Jim volunteered to help out and made this an easy problem. If I have to have the V stop beside the road again I'm going to try for Jim's neighborhood :-)

THANK YOU JIM!

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Jim left out the "Jim is a Hero" part.

Jim got up at dawn, and got over to Frank Kent Cadillac where I had the STS-V towed on Sunday. Our plan was for him to explain it all to them and see what could be done. They only could change the tires, so Jim cut off the hanging strip and drove the V over to Discount Tires, waited for them to open, then got the V lined up for new tires. We had to figure out which tires were available and which tires were desirable. Jim haggled for a credit on the Pirelli's for the wear. Then he waited an hour for the tires to be installed, and another 30-45 min for me to finally arrive from Plano through rush hour traffic.

I could not have asked for more capable, better, or more timely help. Jim volunteered to help out and made this an easy problem. If I have to have the V stop beside the road again I'm going to try for Jim's neighborhood :-)

THANK YOU JIM!

No problem Bruce...

Glad I could be of help... :) :)

Posted Image

Sunday after my tire incident the STS-V had been towed to Frank Kent Cadillac in Fort Worth (60 miles from home). Sunday night TexasJim called to volunteer to join the STS-V at Frank Kent, which is his regular Dealer, and make sure they knew it was there, etc.  I hated to infringe on Jim’s time [...]

View the full Blog Post

Bruce

That's great, and what this board is about, members helping members, love it.

Great looking tires Bruce, hows it ride, or should I ask, hows it ride Jim :lol:

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

That's great, and what this board is about, members helping members, love it.

Great looking tires Bruce, hows it ride, or should I ask, hows it ride Jim :lol:

I could have taken it for a ride.... you know... to make sure the wheels were balanced good... but I didn't ... :P :P

Posted Image

I could have taken it for a ride.... you know... to make sure the wheels were balanced good... but I didn't ... :P :P

I would have made a fast test drive to Midland.... Just to be sure Discount Tire did the job properly.

Well done, Jim. And if Bruce's tire experience happened to me, I would be buying your lunch at Joe T. Garcia's once a week for a month.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Bruce that is too bad about the tires going bad, but now I get to ask what you think of your new tires. I just ordered a pair yesterday. I had an older version of the conti extreme that I cant find anymore so went with those DW version. I really am expecting a quieter tire, based on the tire rack reviews. Let us know how you like em! My xlr has run flats and I am about to go on a road trip, hope mine treat me better

:o P.S. what are your plans, having no spare now? I guess it comes out the same as this trip, call a tow? Do you have any plans for a jack and spare?

The Cadillac STS-V is certified pre-owned. The STS-V did not have and does not have any vibration in the steering.

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/shopping/cpo/images/cadillac-inspection.pdf

suggests and my Sales person repeated the 1/2 of the tread life left part:

MINIMUM TIRE TREAD DEPTH REQUIRED ON ALL TIRES

IS 5/32NDS ACROSS TOP OF WEAR INDICATORS. ALL FOUR

TIRES MUST BE MATCHING BRANDS AND SIZE.

So it seems odd it would need replacement tires 2K miles after purchase?

Next I will take it to Crest Cadillac to have the alignment checked.

If the V is out of alignment, it might have happened after purchase or before. Again, no vibration rides very smoothly.

Bruce

Bruce that is too bad about the tires going bad, but now I get to ask what you think of your new tires. I just ordered a pair yesterday. I had an older version of the conti extreme that I cant find anymore so went with those DW version. I really am expecting a quieter tire, based on the tire rack reviews. Let us know how you like em! My xlr has run flats and I am about to go on a road trip, hope mine treat me better

:o P.S. what are your plans, having no spare now? I guess it comes out the same as this trip, call a tow? Do you have any plans for a jack and spare?

The new tires are Continental ExtremeContact DWS

They seem quiet and ride well. No high dynamics in traffic today. I plan to add an air pump and a sealant kit to the trunk. Long term I may add a spare front tire or rear tire so one end is covered :-)

Bruce

I would have made a fast test drive to Midland.... Just to be sure Discount Tire did the job properly.

Well done, Jim. And if Bruce's tire experience happened to me, I would be buying your lunch at Joe T. Garcia's once a week for a month.

Joe t.'s is a good place for Mexican food... that's for sure... :) :)

Posted Image

Archived