CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Trading 92 Seville for 2003 Seville,?

I have found a very nice 2003 Seville STS 4.6 Northstar with 45K on it and all the options that I have ever heard of

it is immaculate, not even a rock chip or ding in the doors, it is pearl white.

I will be trading my 92 Seville in on it, getting some problems with it.

is there any issues with the 2003 that I should know about ? there are no codes on it, just a couple in history that were minor.

They are asking $12.025.00 for it, is this OK for the shape it seems to be in ? Blue book is about that.

Thanks for any info you can supply.

I would probably like a lower price then that but I have not looked up anything to back that up. Just first thought.

I believe that the pre2004 Northstars still had the problems with the head gaskets going and head bolts coming out. If that happens, make sure that the mechanic time-serts all 20 head bolt holes...Not just the ones that slipped.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

I havent heard of any problems with head gaskets after 99, but thats just me. Just for reference though cadillacs usually go for 20-25% under book, in the midwest anyway. Also I dont think you will have any issues with the car until 100k miles so depending on how much you drive it could last you quite awhile with only normal maintenance. My own 98 and up caddys and people I knows caddys did well up to 100k miles.

I would check the codes on the car though just to be safe. I doubt youll find anything though.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

I have found a very nice 2003 Seville STS 4.6 Northstar with 45K on it and all the options that I have ever heard of

it is immaculate, not even a rock chip or ding in the doors, it is pearl white.

I will be trading my 92 Seville in on it, getting some problems with it.

is there any issues with the 2003 that I should know about ? there are no codes on it, just a couple in history that were minor.

They are asking $12.025.00 for it, is this OK for the shape it seems to be in ? Blue book is about that.

Thanks for any info you can supply.

I love to bargain. What I would do is offer them "loan value" and start from there. That 2003 has the F55 suspension and I would love to have one myself. Last Seville STS series sold new in the US.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

12,025? now thats an odd price. why not 11,999? maybe you can bargain down to 12,000 even? does that include your trade-in? 8yr old car. does it have original tires?

Thank you for all your information, souunds like I will do a littl bargining.

Remember...anytime you start bargaining...

If your first offer isn't so low that you are embarrassed to make it... it ain't "LOW ENOUGH".. :D

Posted Image

Thanks again for all the info and sugestions.

The Car has almost new Vogue tires with the gold stripe.

Went back to the dealer and offered $9000.00 plus the old car, and he said it's a deal, so guess I hsve a new car.

The old 92 was beginning to give me some trouble with lifter noise, no codes but the radio also was giving me some noises that made it hard to listen to.

Thanks again for the help!

....and he said it's a deal, so guess I hsve a new car.
Enjoy!

Take the last 8 characters of the VIN to any GM service department and ask them to give you a print out of the warranty and GM dealer service done to the car. If you DO NOT see where the coolant has been replaced in the last 3 to 4 years, replace the coolant immediately and use DEX-COOL.

If the coolant in the reservoir is green, you will be on a two year coolant replacement schedule and there is nothing to gain by using DEX-COOL.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

checked the Car Fax, and the coolant was drained and flushed about two years ago and is green.

So I guess it is OK now, the car has been serviced since 2006 at the local Caddy dealer and the CarFax had no problems on it during that time.

And I am now the owner of the car, so will just have to drive it and hope for the best.

Also have a four year extended warranty with it.

Thanks again for all the input.

Ross

you mentioned the price of the car minus trade=in. care to mention the cost of the warranty? how about deductible and is it no limit on miles driven?

checked the Car Fax, and the coolant was drained and flushed about two years ago and is green.

So I guess it is OK now, the car has been serviced since 2006 at the local Caddy dealer and the CarFax had no problems on it during that time.

And I am now the owner of the car, so will just have to drive it and hope for the best.

Ross

If it has green coolant, then you're on a two year coolant change schedule - it is due for another coolant change. If the coolant is the yellow "universal" coolant, you could flush it and switch back to DexCool. If it were my car, I'd change the coolant asap.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Ross

If it has green coolant, then you're on a two year coolant change schedule - it is due for another coolant change. If the coolant is the yellow "universal" coolant, you could flush it and switch back to DexCool. If it were my car, I'd change the coolant asap.

that darn yellow coolant really screws things up. Not mechanically, just cuz you cant tell whats in the car anymore by looking. A dirty yellow might look green. Yellow added to red will also change the color. Yellow added to green could appear to be all yellow.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Ross

You can ask the dealer the car was serviced at to sent the printout of service records to you. I have got a lot of very important information that way.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Ross

Congratulations on your new car.

May you have many happy Cadillac motoring miles in it... :)

Posted Image

Archived