CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New doughnuts for the Red Sled

Was having issues with my new tires pulling, and some vibration.

So, after we (tire shop and myself) decided that there was a flaw in the rubber, PLUS they pointed out that my rims were slightly elliptical - I figured it was time for some new rims. I really liked the look of the stock '98 rims, so I didn't want to deviate TOO far, but.... thought theses were a nice compromise. Also, being a 17", rubber is cheaper than the 16!

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

They're 17X8 Konig Tantrums's BTW, with Nexen 235/55/17's wrapped around them.

I've kept the stock rims of course. Learned over the years that an all original 'numbers match' car is worth more than a mixed up one.... :D

My honest opinion, they look nice but I would have to geta set of STS wheels, lol. Hope it rides better

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Yep they do look good. Alot like the stock ones. Only stock ones are chrome and these would look better chrome too in my opinion.

Same color STS I had. Awesome color, when its clean lol.

Alot of times tires pull just because of the low profile some have. A bigger bubblier tire doesnt do that.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Alot of times tires pull just because of the low profile some have. A bigger bubblier tire doesnt do that.

Re-read the above... it was the STOCK tires on the stock rims that were doing all the pulling!

The new lower profile ones on the 17's track dead straight!

I might addI love the color of the car, I adore that color on the seville, My seville is very similair and I loove it

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Re-read the above... it was the STOCK tires on the stock rims that were doing all the pulling!

The new lower profile ones on the 17's track dead straight!

woops sorry. My 99 STS also had tire problems. They had bubbles in them. They were very slight but there were humps in the tire like the tire bubbling out. It made for a shaky ride at highway speeds. Someone told me the tire wasnt made for that heavy of a car or someone exceeded the speed rating for those tires. Both good possibilities.

That red is a tri coat pearl. Red is the highest price color out there and its a pearl on top of that. A guy backed into my driver door denting the door and needing repainted. Final cost was somewhere around $1800 for just removing the dent and paint. :o But damnit its sexy when its clean

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

I like the wheels, I like being able to see the rotors, this type of wheel really looks cool with drilled rotors

Glad the setup improved your suspension annoyance

Love the color also, but red had been a bad color for me, not sure why, but my only red car produced 3 accidents in 2 years, maybe its just a coincidence.

Beautiful car

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I like the wheels, I like being able to see the rotors, this type of wheel really looks cool with drilled rotors

Glad the setup improved your suspension annoyance

Love the color also, but red had been a bad color for me, not sure why, but my only red car produced 3 accidents in 2 years, maybe its just a coincidence.

Beautiful car

The few red cars I have owned have always been TICKET MAGNETS....:D

Posted Image

Archived