CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Thank you, Bbobynski

Poobah

A response to a recent post made mention of the fact that you haven't been as active on this board lately as you have been in the past. It was also noted that you've probably grown tired of repeating the same advice over and over. I would add to that the fact that you undoubtedly have a life beyond this board.

Your thoughtful, knowledgeable, and often lengthy posts have added greatly to my understanding and enjoyment of my Cadillac. In addition to suggestions and cautions of what to do and what not to do with the car, you have shared with us great insight into the design development, engineering rationale, validation, and manufacture of this car and its remarkable power train.

I am aware that these informative posts take time to write and I have often wondered how you managed to write, sometimes, ten or fifteen of them a day and still have time to eat, sleep, hold down a full-time job, and spend any time at all with your family.

There is a wealth if fascinating information in all this work. Is there any way (and is there anybody willing to devote the time) to gather all the posts together, weed out the duplication, organize them onto broad catagories, and publish The Gospel According to Bbobynski?

It wouldn't have to be anything fancy - maybe just printed on 8 1/2 x 11 Xerox bond and comb-bound.

I would love to buy a copy if this could be done!

Again,

Thank you

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Well said Poobah, I agree 100%.

bbobynski, it also crossed my mind that you may have grown tired of repeating the same statements over and over. I was SO happy when adallak directed me to the archives from the old board.

I have mixed feelings about you having accomplished your goal of improving your typing, :lol: But I know that all of your tidbits of knowledge are preserved in the archives (now if I wasn't so lazy :blink: ). I often smile when I see someone say, "pay particular attention to posts by bbobynski"! I for one am hoping that you get the new STS and eventual STS-V to 'test-drive' so you can let us know how incredible it must be, who can we call to get you on the case? :) Mike

I too, have always been a big fan...

I'll read Any thread you respond in. I just know that chances are there's and interesting insite, that you're not going to get anywhere else, even if the topic doesn't appear to consern me :D

A big thanks from here as well. To be more specific, I needed to do the timeserts and shift solenoids on the old '94 and could not have done this myself without the expert advise and information obtained from this board.

It's information posts by bbobynski and others that allow us to accomplish these tasks ourselves. It takes time to respond to a topic regardless if it is only a stray moment.

Thanks for taking that time.

Barry

2008 STS V8
2016 Colorado Z71
1970 Corvette LT-1 Coupe

Due to Guru's advise I have got rid of a terrible rattling noise I have been suffering from for two years! And he did not even see my car! What a bright man!

Bbobinsky, thank you so much for educating us. It would be great if you could tell us a little bit about yourself (kind of cirriculum). To maintain your incognito you could probably replace everythere GM with Ford :lol:

P.S. what is the hiden meaning of yor nickname? just curious....

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

There is a wealth if fascinating information in all this work. Is there any way (and is there anybody willing to devote the time) to gather all the posts together, weed out the duplication, organize them onto broad catagories, and publish The Gospel According to Bbobynski?

Another idea might be to somehow gather it all an put it

Another thought might be to gather it all in on place on this site. Perhaps the home page somewhere in FAQ. I know some of you also go to Cadillac Forums. For those who don't if you check the home page http://cadillacforums.com/ and click on Cadillac Technical Information you will find what I call the Best Of Bbobynski. Since he doesn't post as often, (can't say I blame him) I do my best to try and pass on what I remember. His information is worth it's weight in gold and most times better than the service manual because it gives intent and theory and should be preserved other than the archives which are somewhat cumbersome and hit and miss.

I certainly can't argue with any of the fine post praising Guru for his sage advice.

For some fortunate few - a reply from him is akin to GM's version of "a burning bush" (you really should pay attention...).

I hope that this forum and its relatively wide base of readers, posters and most importantly - Caddy owners has been a benefit for him or others at GM.

Yes it takes a lot of his time, but when your're good at what you do and enjoy it - then this kind of homework tends to go with the job description (I hope).

Engineers can become isolated from the real-world end-users of their skills. Corporate focus groups and marketing do not always present an accurate picture of what people think of the products.

Evaluating all sorts of cars is great and I'm certain he is submerged with meetings and reports. There is no substitute for listening to what people are trying to say -even if we don't know what the heck we're talking about or have a hard time putting it to paper (pixels?).

In any case,

Thanks again :)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Engineers can become isolated from the real-world end-users of their skills. Corporate focus groups and marketing do not always present an accurate picture of what people think of the products.
a very good observation TDK!

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I hope that this forum and its relatively wide base of readers, posters and most importantly - Caddy owners has been a benefit for him or others at GM.

So, tell us Guru, have you taken any of this back to work with you? Is there even a mechanism back at the shop for you to pass along the ideas, suggestions, and concerns of the contributors to this board? If there is, GM would be a rarity among corporations today. Most of us are bound by the realities of "economic justification" and couldn't get a new idea out into production if our lives depended on it.

Hey, thanks for all you've done. I appreciate it too!

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived