CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

smooth running tiires

skyman

After reading feedbacks from my previous post "2005 DeVille jiggly ride" and feedback on the 05 DeVille on other web sites, I'm beginning to think that the tires are probably playing a major role here. I remember when I replaced the Michen X tires on my 91 Eldo with Symetrys. Right off the bat I noticed an annoying road feedback type vibration...but not as pronounced as what I'm experiencing now and I just learned to live with it.

I think my next step is to stop beating a dead horse and move on to a different type soulution. TIRES. I think I need to change to a tire that is not as firm riding....a softer tire that will absorb more of the road shock and vibrations. Anyone have some sugestions? Michen X's ? I understand this is a tire that one can only get at a Sams Club or similar place.

post-392-127737716613_thumb.jpg

I have never used the Michelin Symmetry but I have used the Michelin "X" on more than one Cadillac.

I was always very happy with them.

The "X" is a very nice, smooth riding, long lasting tire.

At least, that has been "MY" experience with them.

If they made the "X" or the Hydroedge in my size, that is what would be on my car now.

I just put a set of Yokohama's Advan S4 on my 2006 DTS yesterday.

Starting a 3000 mile driving vacation Saturday.

I have only drove them about 20 miles so far.

I will report on them when I get back.

Posted Image

Obviously this is not a SPECIFIC brand causing your problem its a bad tire. Don't dump on either the symmetry or X, its a bad tire and ANY tire can be bad.

I have used the X on my 91 and on my 02 Monte Carlo with good results and the Symmetry on my 96 Deville.

My impression is that the Symmetry is a quiet riding tire whereas the X transmits more road noise but EITHER could be bad if it were out round or if either needs a road force balance

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Obviously this is not a SPECIFIC brand causing your problem its a bad tire. Don't dump on either the symmetry or X, its a bad tire and ANY tire can be bad.

I have used the X on my 91 and on my 02 Monte Carlo with good results and the Symmetry on my 96 Deville.

My impression is that the Symmetry is a quiet riding tire whereas the X transmits more road noise but EITHER could be bad if it were out round or if either needs a road force balance

Not talking about a specific brand but there are tires with firm or more flexible sidewalls that will help absorb road vibrations. The fronts are brand new and the rears are almost new. They have been checked out by a compitent tech at Hendrick's Cadillac in Carey N.C. They have also been road force balanced. They even went so far as to take a set of brand new Symetrys off a new Deville and tried them on my car and the problem was still there. So....either it's the firm ride of the Michelin Symetrys or it's a mechanical problem and we just havent found it yet.

But...I'll say it again. I had Michelin X's on my 91 Eldo and they ran as smooth as glass and when I replaced them with the Symetry's I noticed a difference immediatly.

post-392-127742921682_thumb.jpg

I would love to be able to buy Michelin X ones. But I think they are limited to 15 inch size.

I had X ones on my '93. Good firm riding tire. Held a good balance forever. Lasted 80K miles with minimal fuss.

Archived