CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blog Post: Is the Gen 4 V8 smooth enough for a Cadillac?

I see people asking this question — if Cadillac does not have the Northstar available (production has stopped), and the Ultra V8 design is still on the shelf, could they use a Generation 4 V8 in a Cadillac?Let’s think about this for a minute.2004-2005 Cadillac CTS-V used the LS6 V82006-2007 Cadillac CTS-V used the LS2 [...]

View the full Blog Post

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

All I can say if indeed the old pushrod v-8 is gonna be the only option in a Caddy

its not a bad choice and if the 6.0/6.2 is that choice instead of the N-star so be it!

If the Caddy version 6.0 runs as smooth as the 6.0 in my truck I won't shed a tear

to the N-star! Gimme 400 plus horses under the hood of a full size cousin of the

DTS and I will BUY Cadillac again!

Oh and note to Cadillac and GM in general.............NO MORE alpha names !!!!!

And no v-6 either!

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

No motor runs smoothly unless the powertrain support is well-engineered. Any engine is smooth if properly installed. GM can make a big 4 smooth without counterweighting the engine; my 1990 Quad 4 HO demonstrated that to me for 7 years. And, if you want to experience an LS6 in a luxury Cadillac, drive any late-model Escalade.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

My brother has an Escalade.

I have driven it a few times.

It runs very smooth.

My son bought a new 2007, GMC Denali in Jan of '07.

I have driven it a few times and ridden in it countless times.

It was smooth as silk, and with well over 400 HP under the hood, it ran "VERY WELL." :D

He just sold it and bought another vehicle.

"I", for one, will "NOT" be buying a Cadillac DTS or it's equivalent with a V6 in it.

That just ain't a gonna happen.. :D

About this time next year, I will be in the market for a new car.

At this point, I am thinking of getting one of the last of the DTS's still made with the N*.

Assuming I can find what I want at that time.

If I can't find what I want... I am not sure at this point what I will buy...:unsure:

I have been hearing good things about the Lexus LS 460...I need to do more research...it may be a contender also.

Posted Image

Well, the 2011 DTS order book is clearly not offering a V6, so I don't know what the plan is. Hopefully the XTS will also offer a V8, but the Hybrid V6 with 350 hp does sound like it will have some scoot to it.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Well, the 2011 DTS order book is clearly not offering a V6, so I don't know what the plan is. Hopefully the XTS will also offer a V8, but the Hybrid V6 with 350 hp does sound like it will have some scoot to it.

Yep...that's kinda my plan.

Get a 2011 or maybe even a leftover 2010, if the deal is good enough.

Also by that time, there should be a lot more info on the XTS.

My concern with the XTS is, my understanding that, it will be a little smaller than the current DTS.

Posted Image

Archived