CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Wheel theft up

CHARLES COUNTY, Md. - After a long winter, LaPlata resident Dean Pasker finally decided to take his 2006 Cadillac out of the garage.

"My wife, Friday-- it was a nice day-- she spent two hours cleaning it up," Pasker says.

With the car clean and shiny, they left the car parked in their driveway. Since they live in the rural suburbs on a dead-end street, they didn't think anything else about it until they woke up the next day.

"Saturday morning, my son-in-law came out first," said Pasker. "He came upstairs and got me. Came out and there it was."

The Cadillac was there, but it was sitting on blocks. All four wheels were gone.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/charles-county-wheel-thefts-032510

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I suppose wheel locks can help; the article does not mention if the wheels on the CTS were OEM or aftermarket. Certainly if you put on 2k or 3k worth of wheels you should expect to put on wheel locks etc. The standard CTS wheels don't usually sell for that much, so I am surprised they would be targeted.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Most professional thieves have all the tools to defeat wheel locks. The locks just keep a borderline dishonest person on the honest side of the line.

I agree with Jim - the thieves need to be leakin' out of three or four holes...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Most professional thieves have all the tools to defeat wheel locks. The locks just keep a borderline dishonest person on the honest side of the line.

I agree with Jim - the thieves need to be leakin' out of three or four holes...

Only 3 or 4? How bout 10? Lol.

big4870885.jpg

In these tough economic times, I'm surprised I haven't heard more of these stories. I can suspect it's going to get worse too. These times bring out the worst in people & I feel for anyone who is at the mercy of an automobile mechanic.

This is why I won't buy expensive wheels. Just having a new car is an incentive for some to vandalize. There are a lot of sickos out there.

....There are a lot of sickos out there.

In good times as well as bad.

Unfortunately they also vote.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived