CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Bought Me An Eldorado

Hey all, pretty excited over here. I bought the "Mechanics Speical" out of the For Sale part on the forum. A 1995 Cadillac Eldorado and apparently the transmission is pooched but I have found a couple leads on some around here so fingers are double crossed. The journey will take me from Regina, Saskatchewan Canada to Fargo, North Dakota, Mineapolis, and all the way down to Auburn, Illinois. Pic of map will hopefully work.

Round trip is 4000 kilometers or roughly 2400 miles. I've got my newly aquired car dolly hooked to my 1992 Chevy Z71 and is all gased up, got some ZZ Top and Led Zepplin CD's packed and everything is ready to go.

Beleive you me, I will need some help when I come home with first the transmission, second the Canadian Inspection, as well as a list of other things I'll probly need help with.

Can't wait for the morning...It's like Christmas In July!!!

Spence

post-3-1090049617.gif

Good luck on your trip. Hope the car is everything you dreamed of, and more. :)

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Hey all, pretty excited over here. I bought the "Mechanics Speical" out of the For Sale part on the forum. A 1995 Cadillac Eldorado and apparently the transmission is pooched but I have found a couple leads on some around here so fingers are double crossed. The journey will take me from Regina, Saskatchewan Canada to Fargo, North Dakota, Mineapolis, and all the way down to Auburn, Illinois. Pic of map will hopefully work.

Round trip is 4000 kilometers or roughly 2400 miles. I've got my newly aquired car dolly hooked to my 1992 Chevy Z71 and is all gased up, got some ZZ Top and Led Zepplin CD's packed and everything is ready to go.

Beleive you me, I will need some help when I come home with first the transmission, second the Canadian Inspection, as well as a list of other things I'll probly need help with.

Can't wait for the morning...It's like Christmas In July!!!

Spence

I was wondering which one of you two guys finally got that car. You'll be passing not far from me when you get into Ill. I'm in Woodstock (about 2-3 hrs north of Auburn).

Call if you need help in the area or just want to stop by for a break and say hi 815-338-9588

Nice car!

I briefly flirted with the idea of buying it myself but I've got my 94 pretty well sorted out like I want it and just don't need another car project right now.

Eldos are great cars - good looking, comfortable, and fun to drive!

From your list of cars owned, it's obvious that you're a Cadillac lover but I'm sure you'll find this one has a very different personality from the big sedans!

At that price, you can afford to get the car completely dialed-in without breaking the bank.

Of course, you know where to turn for help. Keep us posted .... and enjoy!

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Good Luck man. Ibrought my eldo 2 1/2 years up from Atlanta Goergia to Montreal Quebec.Man what a ride left Atlanta on a Friday around 6:00 PM and arrived home Saturday around 11:00 PM almost non stop driving and somewhere around 2000 KM 1200 miles.

95's are the best year for the eldo's (IMO)........they are so so similar to the 96+ models.....but the lines are slightly different. Once you look at yours for a while you will understand what I am talking about...and you will be able to look at another eldo on the road and say with certainty..."there's another 95"

A.J.

I bought my '95 Eldorado and never looked back! My greatest worry is: what will I own next? Seriously, it is a worry; I love this damned thing!

I've owned a few Caddys and a few Lincolns of the same generations and I have to say the Caddys were superior year after year. Sometimes by little, more often by much.

I hope you won't be disappointed.

Wishing you luck,

Warren

P.S. Grand of you to offer help Larry!

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

The Eldorados are the best looking Caddies IMO. This Biaritz is just amazing! What a car! Davedog, yours is nice too :D

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Hey guys, just in the hotel here in Springfield. Went to Hooters last night :P:D:lol::rolleyes::oB) ! Also went and checked out the car...seems to have a little blue smoke from the one side of the exaust ;) . Is that something that is normal if a car has been sitting for a long time...maybe the oil drained out of the valves and is letting some by until I drive it for a while...maybe I'm wishful thinking? Well hopefully it works out, if nothing else I have some body panels I can put another one together with.

Otherwise, car is in pretty good shape, just needs a little cosmetic detailing here and there I can do when I get home like a good wash and wax, wheels need some Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish, Leather cleaner and conditioner...stuff like that.

Larry, not sure we are going to make it up north your way, but thank you very much for the invite :D . May take you up on the help thing though just incase the transmission goes in my truck...but it should be fine. Plan is to go down to St. Louis and over to Kansas City, then straight north from there.

The plan for today is to go south...down to St. Louis to see the Arch, would really like to see a MLB game, be that St. Louis, Kansas City, etc., but I'm gonna check on that after the post here.

Oh boy, dropped into the Eddie Bauer factory outlet in Iowa somewhere, picked up like $200 worth of clothes! Don't got outlets where I'm from :lol: . Another thing, you guys drive like crazy down here, I'm doing 75 and people are blowing past me, usually its me up where I come from doing all the passing, and wow are your Interstates ever smooth as glass, never get those kind of roads up in Saskatchewan...EVER!!!

Other than that everything is going smoothly so far but it is a lot hotter down here than what I'm use to. Normally around 80's in Regina, here I think it's suppose to be 90. It's all good though!

Anywho, gotta keep Rollin', hopefully the hotel in St. Louis will have Internet I can borrow. I'm outie!

Spence

Archived