CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

rotors/discs

CRASHSK8R

what is the difference between rotors and brake discs. I am confused and think they are the same thing. I need to replace mine in my 93 deville and my haynes manual does not seem to cover replacement of rotors. also I need to know what size the lug nuts are for a 1993 cadillac deville sedan. I am hoping to get some from a pull and save lot but dont know the size.

Rotor and disk are the same thing. As far as lug nuts, you can buy them at you local parts store for a few dollars or you can buy them at Rockauto.com (search for "lug nuts"). I wouldn't bother going to a salvage yard because the gas getting there will like cost more than buying them from a parts store or online.

Rotor and disk are the same thing. As far as lug nuts, you can buy them at you local parts store for a few dollars or you can buy them at Rockauto.com (search for "lug nuts"). I wouldn't bother going to a salvage yard because the gas getting there will like cost more than buying them from a parts store or online.

thank you for the info. i was confused because the two names are used all the time. but anyway i found some discs at the pull and save for 10 bucks a peice and my mechanic said 100 new. also what size are the lug nuts on a 1993 deville sedan. i want to make sure i get the right size

also what size are the lug nuts on a 1993 deville sedan. i want to make sure i get the right size

I am confused....

What is wrong with re-using the lug nuts that come off of the car?

Why do you need new ones?

Posted Image

also what size are the lug nuts on a 1993 deville sedan. i want to make sure i get the right size

I am confused....

im sorry i ment to say that i am getting new discs and needed to know the size of the lug nuts for that, i was told that there are 11 millimeter ones and 14 millimeter ones and i wanted to make sure i pulled the correct rotors.

I am confused....

im sorry i ment to say that i am getting new discs and needed to know the size of the lug nuts for that, i was told that there are 11 millimeter ones and 14 millimeter ones and i wanted to make sure i pulled the correct rotors.

Do you mean studs instead of lug nuts. I'm also confused because the rotor will simply be installed onto the studs that go through the hub. So unless your Deville is completely different than the normal front end, you will need to remove the break caliper and then you will have access to the studs. Align the rotor with the studs then slide it on and re-install the caliper. The "studs" are for torquing down the front wheel onto the studs along with the rotor. I looked at my 1994 GM Service Manual and the Deville has the system I described above.

Here is the 1993 Deville hub. As you can see, the studs are part of the hub assembly. The rotor will simply be aligned with the studs and place on without torquing it down. The brake caliper will actually hold it in place. Then simply mount the front wheel and tighten the lug nuts.

I am confused....

Do you mean studs instead of lug nuts. I'm also confused because the rotor will simply be installed onto the studs that go through the hub. So unless your Deville is completely different than the normal front end, you will need to remove the break caliper and then you will have access to the studs. Align the rotor with the studs then slide it on and re-install the caliper. The "studs" are for torquing down the front wheel onto the studs along with the rotor. I looked at my 1994 GM Service Manual and the Deville has the system I described above.

Here is the 1993 Deville hub. As you can see, the studs are part of the hub assembly. The rotor will simply be aligned with the studs and place on without torquing it down. The brake caliper will actually hold it in place. Then simply mount the front wheel and tighten the lug nuts.

sorry the studs are what i mean and thank you for the tips. i need to know the size of the studs 11 or 14 mm

sorry the studs are what i mean and thank you for the tips. i need to know the size of the studs 11 or 14 mm

Go to this site:

http://wheels.customfastcars.com/find-your...n.html#Cadillac

and go to the Cadillac section. You will see that it says:

DEVILLE

YEAR

85-on

OE SIZE

15 X 6

BOLT

5X115

LUG NUT

12mmX1.5

CB

I'm still confused because if you're looking for the length of the studs they would be likely about 20mm long. The 12mmX1.5 refers to the thread size.

wow 100 dollar a piece rotors? what is it we like about cadillacs again?

it's kind of a *smurf* to take em off once per wheel let alone twice.. but for 90 dollars a wheel i'm down :)

you do plan on getting them machined before they go on your car right? things at the junk yard aren't always in the best condition and putting warped/scratched rotors in against your brand spankin new pads will wear them out pretty quickly. i only paid 9$/rotor last time i got them turned at pepboys

wow 100 dollar a piece rotors? what is it we like about cadillacs again?

it's kind of a *smurf* to take em off once per wheel let alone twice.. but for 90 dollars a wheel i'm down :)

you do plan on getting them machined before they go on your car right? things at the junk yard aren't always in the best condition and putting warped/scratched rotors in against your brand spankin new pads will wear them out pretty quickly. i only paid 9$/rotor last time i got them turned at pepboys

accually i mean 10 dollars a peice for the rotors at the pull and save. and how should i have them machined?

Go to this site:

http://wheels.customfastcars.com/find-your...n.html#Cadillac

and go to the Cadillac section. You will see that it says:

DEVILLE

YEAR

85-on

OE SIZE

15 X 6

BOLT

5X115

LUG NUT

12mmX1.5

CB

I'm still confused because if you're looking for the length of the studs they would be likely about 20mm long. The 12mmX1.5 refers to the thread size.

when i called the pull and save lot he told me that they have those discs on several cars that would fit my car but i needed to know how thick the studs were 11mm or 14mm thick so i get the right ones.

You will need to measure the existing stud diameter. If the lug nut is M12x1.5 then I'd say the studs are 12mm in diameter but measure them to be sure.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I replaced all four rotors and brakepads on my STS 1995, i bought from Rockauto, but if i were you i would buy AC delco rotors!

I bought Raybestos, they were made in China, and the next morning after i put them on they began to rust??

Stick with US made, not the cheapest chinese crap!

Roger Martinsen

Roger Martinsen

Archived