CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Motor Trend: CaddyShock!

Motor Trend has a future model Cadillac forecast up here.

Not much new. The CTS Coupe is on the way. We will probably also see a V-Series Coupe. Eldo fans rejoice.

A diesel CTS Duramax V8 for US consumption is rumored but unsure.

The new Smaller than a CTS based on the Alpha platform is coming. It may get a coupe, convertible, and perhaps a hatchback.

A 2L turbo 4 making 220hp or a 2.8L DI V6 making 270hp may be the engines offered (NEW INFO -- last rumor was a 3L V6).

DTS / STS replacement still in limbo.

Escalade is going to Lambda platform so will be all new, lighter, and more crossover-ish.

MISSING? Hybrid Cadillacs. E-flex extended electric drive Cadillacs. Come ON, send us a 2-mode CTS or e-flex Apha-TS.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I'm kinda surprised they still don't have a more powerful engine option planned for the new CTS. You've either got a 304hp V6 or spend way more money and get a 556hp CTS-V. They just need something inbetween, even if it's closer to the the standard CTS. Let's say, 380hp, for example.

I know they've got CAFE to worry about. But if the competition can come out with powerful engines that get descent MPG, so can GM.

Not much new. The CTS Coupe is on the way. We will probably also see a V-Series Coupe. Eldo fans rejoice.

:yupi3ti:

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I'm gonna reserve judgement until I see it....

I'm still a little sore that the glory of the Eldorado, and the history, and the tradition, was unceremoniously dumped in the 49th model year... Would it have KILLED them to come out with a 2003 50th Anniversary Eldorado???

And not to nitpick, but if they actually called and apologized, and wanted to make it up to me, I would advise taking the current STS, and building an Eldorado out of it....

But who knows, I might be pleasantly surprised by a CTS Coupe....

See, I stayed calm.... that didn't turn into another crazed rant....

I'm gonna reserve judgement until I see it....

I'm still a little sore that the glory of the Eldorado, and the history, and the tradition, was unceremoniously dumped in the 49th model year... Would it have KILLED them to come out with a 2003 50th Anniversary Eldorado???

:fighting0025: that's dumb. I really like the Eldorado, I was thinking of getting one of those after my STS. My best friends dad has a 50th anniversary edition Chevy convertible that he keeps covered in a heated garage. A 50th anniversary Cadillac would have been cool.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

I still look at my ''98 Eldorado and think it's as good looking or better looking than most of the new cars out there. Actually I'm impressed with the Motor Trend pics of the future CTS models and really impressed with the Alpha series. But, I agree with you guys... Why ALPHA Why not Eldorado. And what the heck is this CTS, SLR, SLX, PDQ, ETC. ETC. ETC. identification. No imagination left in the auto industry??

GM announced that the Eldorado's 50th model the best car year, 2002, would be its last. To mark the end of the historic name, a limited production run 1,596 of cars in red or white - the colors available on the original 1953 convertible - were produced in three batches of 532, signifying the Eldorado's first year of production. The last cars had exhausts that were specially tuned to imitate the note of their illustrious forerunners from a half-century earlier and dash-mounted plaques indicating each car's sequence in production. Production ended on April 22, 2002[1] retooling the Lansing Craft Centre to build the Chevrolet SSR

I actually saw one of these 50th Anniversary models at my local Caddy dealer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_Eldorado

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived